KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Fanboys!: A Cause for Concern.

Fanboys!: A Cause for Concern.
Started by: WrathfulDwarf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Fanboys!: A Cause for Concern.

I think video game fanboyism is reaching new highs!

Read:

http://www.aeropause.com/archives/2..._anatomy_of.php

laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 11:07 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

laughing out loud that was pretty funny.

(guys, I'll say it right now, no naming names allowed)

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 11:21 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

"Empty" laughing out loud

"To see how much hate they have for their competition I asked my next question. “If you were stranded on a desert island with only a (competitor’s console) and a 42’ Plasma, would you play it?”

Mike (Sony) “Yeah right so I could be frustrated when it crashes every two minutes. I don’t think so; I would get a coconut and make up a new game."

Rory (Microsoft) “Probably not, what are the chances that it would work anyways. It would most likely have a disc read error. I would take it apart and make a gadget MacGyver Style!”

Marcus (PC) “Maybe I would play it if I could not find food and went insane from the lack of nutrition, but that would be the only way, and even then I would be hallucinating so I would think that it’s a PC."

Raphael (Nintendo) “HAHAHAHA, yeah right, I would more likely use it to wipe my A@#. If I was on a deserted island I would rather die of boredom then play those wastes of space!"
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

The best part IMO

"So what is it that makes a fanboy, a fanboy?

These questions revealed to me the ultimate character flaws in every fanboy. That first is one of prejudgment. I asked each one if they had played the competitions hardware at least once and each one of them said that they had at most 2 hours of play on those machines. How can you judge something if you have never given it a chance? This is like taking a Porsche for a test spin around the parking lot! It doesn’t make much sense, but when has a fanboy ever made sense?

They must also possess a complete lack of reasoning. Being reasonable would kill every argument that they make and they would not be able to exist. Thus the lack of reasonability is a natural step in their evolution. Darwinism at work!

Next is a complete disregard of facts. I have personally witnessed fanboys proclaim that the Wii’s graphics will not be far behind those of the PS3 and 360. It is those kinds of statements that make fanboys dangerous to our ears.

The belief in anything is another large fault all hardcore fanboys share. I am not trying to pick on Sony fanboys but they seem to be the biggest offenders in this category. Can you say Emotion Engine or Killzone 2. These fallacies’s put forth by gaming companies are like fanboy cocaine; they give fanboys the first taste for free then they make them pay for it when they are hooked. Unfortunately there is no methadone clinic for fanboys."

Last edited by Raijin on Aug 8th, 2006 at 11:33 PM

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 11:22 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

quote:
Mike (Sony) “I look down on those who would judge something they don’t understand. What kind of idiot would do something like that?”

Oh. My. God.

That is priceless. laughing out loud

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2006 12:20 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

big grin

Old Post Aug 9th, 2006 12:23 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swe_Bum
R.I.P Dimebag Darrell!

laughinglaughinglaughing

Pure American Metal

My fanart/art-- My sigs

Old Post Aug 9th, 2006 10:46 AM
Swe_Bum is currently offline Click here to Send Swe_Bum a Private Message Find more posts by Swe_Bum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

bump

Old Post Aug 12th, 2006 06:19 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

quote: (post)
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Oh. My. God.

That is priceless. laughing out loud

i know laughing

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 01:37 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

@ The Mountain Dew bit.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 04:07 AM
NinthCorona is currently offline Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote