KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » How Many Seasons Is Smallville Slated For?

How Many Seasons Is Smallville Slated For?
Started by: SupezM'

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SupezM'

How Many Seasons Is Smallville Slated For?

Anyone know?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 10:04 PM
SupezM' is currently offline Click here to Send SupezM' a Private Message Find more posts by SupezM' Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Not sure but I do know its coming back for at least one after this year which I sure hope to hell is its last.The show has really gone downhill since last yaer.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 10:25 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Contracted for 7 seasons, but the current thinking is that next year (season 6) will be the last.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 11:00 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

in my opinion, i think season 6 should be the final season. i mean, look at the way season 5 is going so far. it's kind of crappy. the plot arcs aren't what they used to be. as in, lack of focus throughout a season. also, lois is a regular and the show doesn't show much a variety of clark's powers as they used to. anyways, plot quality is going down big time. although a few have been promising. but not by much. well, hopefully with this season and the next, get to see more of brainiac, darker lex, and maybe cameos by heroes clark will meet later in life.

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 07:49 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whos_Pete
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bobby, your opinion isn't shared by many people. I've enjoyed season 5 thus far and I'd like the show to keep going for as long as possible. If people don't like it, don't watch it! It doesn't have to end for any reason. Besides, there's enough crap on TV right now, one more crappy show wouldn't make any difference. At the moment though, Smallville is good.

This season is way better than the previous seasons.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 10:19 AM
Whos_Pete is currently offline Click here to Send Whos_Pete a Private Message Find more posts by Whos_Pete Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

I think season 5 was the best one yet. Finally it isn't filled with episodes that are pointless, like "uh oh, I have a date tonight with the new kid. Oh my god, he's a meteor freak, I hope Clark can save me so then next week something stupid will happen again!" The plot actually is thick now, not Dawson's Creek meets a few punches.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 05:21 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Not sure but I do know its coming back for at least one after this year which I sure hope to hell is its last.The show has really gone downhill since last yaer.

Agreed this new season is getting really boring imo.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 06:59 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by BOPRecruit 16
in my opinion, i think season 6 should be the final season. i mean, look at the way season 5 is going so far. it's kind of crappy. the plot arcs aren't what they used to be. as in, lack of focus throughout a season. also, lois is a regular and the show doesn't show much a variety of clark's powers as they used to. anyways, plot quality is going down big time. although a few have been promising. but not by much. well, hopefully with this season and the next, get to see more of brainiac, darker lex, and maybe cameos by heroes clark will meet later in life.

good points Bop.Looks like we agree with each other about something for a change. big grin Those are all very good points on why the show has really deteriated.Glad you mentioned the part about Lois. big grin That was a horrible idea for them to bring her into the mix of the show especially as a regular. mad Now with the killing off of Jonathan Kent,they would be smart to just end the show this year.Schneiders portrayal of Jonathan Kent was one of the things that made this show so fun to watch now they have to go and kill off probably the most interesting character of the show. mad Yeah the show and the quality of the writing has really gone downhill big time.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 07:37 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by T.M
Agreed this new season is getting really boring imo.

glad to hear you agree with me as we.. thumb up

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 07:38 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

What are you both nuts? Oh yes, the show has gone SO far downhill that its getting its best ratings ever?? roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) If you are going to make statements like that at least preface them with the in my opinion line because your opinion apparently isnt in the majority, otherwise this show would be on the cancellation list.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 09:40 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whos_Pete
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree with the butt kisser Jedi Priestess.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2006 01:48 AM
Whos_Pete is currently offline Click here to Send Whos_Pete a Private Message Find more posts by Whos_Pete Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

Originally posted by Whos_Pete
I agree with the butt kisser Jedi Priestess.

You've already been warned for this. Stop member bashing. Keep it to the topic and not about individual members.

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Mar 6th, 2006 05:07 AM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
May-la-laCK

I am gonna have to agree that this season has gone down hill. But not as much as everybody say it has. It is still good. And anyone who wants this show to end must be crazy.
And since we have to stay on topic i heard that this was its last year. It makes sense cause Superman Returns is coming out this summer. And the makers of Smallville are making Superman Returns. So i have heard. So it just makes sense to end the show this year no

Old Post Mar 6th, 2006 05:37 AM
May-la-laCK is currently offline Click here to Send May-la-laCK a Private Message Find more posts by May-la-laCK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MysteryRidah
Living Eternally

The show will continue to 7 seasons, an 8th season who knows. Would be nice, but looks like 7 seasons.

Which is fine with me.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2006 06:46 AM
MysteryRidah is currently offline Click here to Send MysteryRidah a Private Message Find more posts by MysteryRidah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MysteryRidah
Living Eternally

Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Contracted for 7 seasons, but the current thinking is that next year (season 6) will be the last.

Why do you think that?

confused

Old Post Mar 6th, 2006 06:46 AM
MysteryRidah is currently offline Click here to Send MysteryRidah a Private Message Find more posts by MysteryRidah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
May-la-laCK

Ok. So for sure there are going to be 7 seasons. Cause i read in the Newspaper. That it is going to be the last season this year. And my friends dad works there aswell and he said that this is the last season. But then again my friend is known to lie about alot of things. So i cant really trust him.
Where did you hear that there is going to be 7 seasons?

Old Post Mar 6th, 2006 06:59 AM
May-la-laCK is currently offline Click here to Send May-la-laCK a Private Message Find more posts by May-la-laCK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

The actors are contracted for 7 seasons not the show. I should have made that clear before. There is no guarantee that the show will last 7 seasons. As of right now its not even been confirmed that it will be moving over to the CW for Season 6. So there is nothing in stone yet. Mystery when I said that I meant the current thinking on the majority of Smallville message boards. I didn't mean that is was a fact.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2006 08:05 AM
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
What are you both nuts? Oh yes, the show has gone SO far downhill that its getting its best ratings ever?? roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) If you are going to make statements like that at least preface them with the in my opinion line because your opinion apparently isnt in the majority, otherwise this show would be on the cancellation list.

I did put 'imo' in my post. stick out tongue

I think that they should do 1 more season after the current then stop because I think the new Superman movies will add more to the superman franchise than Smallville.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2006 02:03 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whos_Pete
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pointing out the obvious here:

Smallville WILL! continue through seasons 6 and 7. The ratings for this season are higher than the last, and with the incoming Superman movie, interest is going to continue to grow all the way to the end of the season. Anticipation for season 6 is going to be really high. Season 7 is highly likely. After that, who knows.

smile

Old Post Mar 7th, 2006 01:45 AM
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by Whos_Pete
Pointing out the obvious here:

Smallville WILL! continue through seasons 6 and 7. The ratings for this season are higher than the last, and with the incoming Superman movie, interest is going to continue to grow all the way to the end of the season. Anticipation for season 6 is going to be really high. Season 7 is highly likely. After that, who knows.

smile

I think if they make it all the way to season 7, they should go with Season 8 then stop...My thinking in this is the fact they wen't through highschool, why not go 4 years of College?

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2006 01:52 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote