KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Pirates of the caribbean 2? What a disappointment!

Pirates of the caribbean 2? What a disappointment!
Started by: aniron

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
aniron

Miffed Pirates of the caribbean 2? What a disappointment!

I loved the first pirates and johnny depp is the best actor in the world so don't get me wrong.
I was so unhappy with the 2nd POTC! It was no longer a film for younger people that adults can enjoy too. It was to long and didn't even finish. I wanted there to be three completely different adventures.

It was very hollywood-ized. Jack sparrow is meant to be a smelly, rotting, BO covered lice infested decaying pirate so there would be no way Elizabeth should have kissed him, they should have thought of something else, she was meant to be a strong heroine but only showed girls that sexual innendos are the only way to get what you want. This meant that to me the mask of characters were lost in that moment.
The humour was all wrong too. They only tried to revive used jokes from the first film, and filled in the blanks with the random cannibal sequence which lost all the verbal wit I was expecting.

The story was far to complex too and I found it difficult to follow so imagine a five year old trying to watch it!
There are lots of other factors that made me leave the cinema totally unsatisfied.
The SFX took over! When Davvy Jones' boat dived under the waves it looked amazing and Gore Verbinski could have elaborated on that wonderfully, but it was only a brief moment swept aside by giant tenticals.

The only thing that made me smile was the fact that Barbossa is back AND he got to eat an apple!

Does anyone agree?????????

p.s Hello to those of you who remember me from last year if you're still here! Hello to ppl I don't know! xx smokin'

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 06:13 PM
aniron is currently offline Click here to Send aniron a Private Message Find more posts by aniron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nanami_XIV

The movie is PG-13, of course kids couldn't understand it.
I for one,love the movie,as do many people here.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 06:23 PM
Nanami_XIV is currently offline Click here to Send Nanami_XIV a Private Message Find more posts by Nanami_XIV Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

yeah this review is crap I guess the 1 billion DMC raised at the box office is all the evidence we need to say this review is crap..people loved the Jack/Liz aspect of the movie..it wasnt the WIll/ Elizabeth supporters building up the numbers mate!!

..but IMO AWE is gonna be crap.I dont think I'm gonna like it

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 2nd, 2006 at 06:30 PM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 06:27 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nanami_XIV

We can't judge AWE until it comes out or we get more OFFICIAL info.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 06:29 PM
Nanami_XIV is currently offline Click here to Send Nanami_XIV a Private Message Find more posts by Nanami_XIV Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

its pretty offcial what I heard..the lady who gave her the script is an insider..she's a well known one on various forums

and its pretty obvious because of what Tia said to Will

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 06:31 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

Don't get me wrong I'm not a POTC hater it was just a bit cheap and rushed in the build that's all. The first one was better and was originally made for children why the sudden and random change? The jack/liz aspect was REALLY cheap and a chav plot line. it was funny that he thought he had a chance and by actually giving him one has ripped another layer of humour away. The second is a different film and the first one may as well not exist.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 06:32 PM
aniron is currently offline Click here to Send aniron a Private Message Find more posts by aniron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nanami_XIV

LovelyOne, are you talking about the leaked script or another one that I haven't seen?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 06:33 PM
aniron

ps whats AWE?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 06:33 PM
Nanami_XIV

quote: (post)
Originally posted by aniron
ps whats AWE?

At World's End.

The 3rd PotC movie.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 06:34 PM
shannstar79
Jack's Girl

At Worlds End - the title of the Pirates 3

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 06:35 PM
shannstar79 is currently offline Click here to Send shannstar79 a Private Message Find more posts by shannstar79 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shannstar79
Jack's Girl

sorry smile hehehe

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 06:35 PM
shannstar79 is currently offline Click here to Send shannstar79 a Private Message Find more posts by shannstar79 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

is that the name? I hope Barbossa wins, I think he's great. i LOVE JACK THOUGH? I hope elizabeth dies though. lol

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 06:36 PM
LovelyOne

quote: (post)
Originally posted by aniron
Don't get me wrong I'm not a POTC hater it was just a bit cheap and rushed in the build that's all. The first one was better and was originally made for children why the sudden and random change? The jack/liz aspect was REALLY cheap and a chav plot line. it was funny that he thought he had a chance and by actually giving him one has ripped another layer of humour away. The second is a different film and the first one may as well not exist.

I'm not a chav and i liked the Jack/Liz aspect its given Jack's character a bit of depth..if he remained the same people would get bored. The critics said they would so they decided to give Jack more depth..and we see it get to 1 billion..nuff said

and in Pirates 1..they deleted alot of the scenes out where Liz and Jack have a deeper connection. Its a shame too because it would have made a lot of sense of the second...instead they started to put the theme into No2..I don't know why though because it seems as if they are stepping backwards with 3 again...after I read what happens..and it's infuriating in a way lol..makes me feel as if I wasted 5 hours of my life and £19 on filler time that means nothing

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 2nd, 2006 at 06:42 PM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 06:38 PM
LovelyOne

actually. I agree with you..they have royally ****ed up the franchise I agree..adding all the Jack and Elizabeth bull shit into it..because AWE?? what I read with that..It just makes DMC look like filler time to raise hype..like an advert for PotC 3..and PotC 3 is the real story if you know what I mean..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 2nd, 2006 at 06:47 PM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 06:42 PM
aniron

lol so do you agree or disagree that there was no need for the jack/liz bit? I'm confused lol

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 06:46 PM
Nanami_XIV

LovelyOne, for awhile you've been giving us long reasons why those two belong together.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 06:49 PM
aniron

NEVER!! Elizabeth should be taken to the gallows. right I'm off to have some beans. BRB

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 06:52 PM
katelovespirate

several comments.

1. whats a chav?

2. i really enjoyed both one and two, but they DID have a very different feel. 2 felt bigger, scarier, more intense and more shocking than 1. in 1, they made raunchy jokes and had undead pirates and whores and all, but it felt lighter. it felt breezier-- more adventuresome, more old fashioned.

with 2, they crossed some lines, big time, and i really loved that they took that risk... what i DONT love is the direction 3 seems to be headed. I would rather them have cranked out another popcorn flick for 2, played it safe, and ended 3 happy than what they seem to be planning.

i'm not gonna lie to you guys, i have seen the film 9 times in theatres (though i only paid twice) but i count all those hours as well spent. i always laugh my face off, and thats great. i love these characters and this story. but i agree 2 feels very different.

i think I'll wait to comment on AWE till i see it.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 06:52 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

I agree in a way about the Jack/Liz thing..because of what I have now read with AWE..and iDMC does look like what you say it is...just a cheap way to raise hype for the third in my opinion. And that is when they start to kick off the "real story"..Where Elizabeth and Will's relationship is in turmoil like the first...and Jack once again is just the thing(GRRR Disney!!) placed there whilst the story revolves around him....IMO its crap to do that...especially when they give jack more depth in 2 and then stamp all over his feelings..he did care for Elizabeth..he loves her IMO..they gave Jack an arc and it seems as if they have gone back on it now.

I really did like the Jack/Liz aspect before I knew about whats going to happen in AWE..because Jack was maturing as a character on screen I thought. I do think that many people would have got bored if he was exactly like he was in movie 1..he needs some sort of arc and they gave him one in movie 2:

Box Office Mojo: What is the meaning of the series?
Ted Elliott: It's a study of what is a pirate. How free can you really be? What are those trade-offs? Jack kind of represents the ultimate free man? he really has no obligations to anybody, and, obviously, if you make an obligation to somebody, you're limiting your own freedom. But, if you're not willing to limit your own freedom, you can't have those relationships. If you look at Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest from that point of view,you kind of see what really leads to Jack's ultimate fate and why Elizabeth does what she does.
-from boxofficemojo.com

The man wants love in his life^^^ He wanted Elizabeth in his life so he went back for her..and she "wasn't ready" it seems

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 2nd, 2006 at 07:04 PM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 06:55 PM
LovelyOne

Kate..a chav is the lower class scum of Britain..they are the shit on the shoe of life..laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 07:05 PM