KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » you smell funny/compass scene?

you smell funny/compass scene?
Started by: je4evamor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
je4evamor

you smell funny/compass scene?

I don't know if this has been posted before, my apologies if it has already been mentioned.

In the scene where Jack tells Elizabeth the story of the compass have you noticed his expressions/actions. "where does it point? It points to what you (looks at Elizabeth's lips)want most in this world. And what you want most (licks his lip) is to find....Will(or could it be our Jack).....
I've been watching this scene over and over on youtube and am I imagining this or did the person at youtube tweak it?

another song suggestion for sparrabeth-You'll be in my heart by Phil Collins-from Tarzan(I think) It talks about destiny and how we're apart but your still in my heart.

Last edited by je4evamor on Oct 13th, 2006 at 02:56 AM

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 02:53 AM
je4evamor is currently offline Click here to Send je4evamor a Private Message Find more posts by je4evamor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

No, you're just observant. There is a lot going on in that scene. Some people will tell you there is a lot of hidden stuff, but to put it in simplest terms, they're flirting with each other and they have no idea they're doing it.
Jack starts out trying to entice her, get her intrigued enough by the compass to agree to come along, and Liz gets sucked in because having a compass that points to something you want is a pretty cool little toy, but like you noticed, they're enjoying themselves a little too much. Unintentionally turning each other on and making each other happy.
Sigh. love

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 03:01 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mmoviejunkie
willywanka?johnny wanker!

may i have the link? i'd like to check it out

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 03:04 AM
mmoviejunkie is currently offline Click here to Send mmoviejunkie a Private Message Find more posts by mmoviejunkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

That is one of my favorite parts of the movie. Like willoft said, there is a lot going on between those two. It's just amazing, the chemistry that is shown in that scene. Specially when Jack says,"It points to the thing you want most in the world" you can see how he moves his eyes on her. And then Liz says, "Ohh Jack" and she gives him a smile. Like if she knew he was referring to her.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 03:10 AM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
je4evamor

I don't know the exact link but what I do is go to Youtube and type in Dead Man's Chest You Smell Funny.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 03:10 AM
je4evamor is currently offline Click here to Send je4evamor a Private Message Find more posts by je4evamor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mmoviejunkie

okay, thank you

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 03:11 AM
mmoviejunkie is currently offline Click here to Send mmoviejunkie a Private Message Find more posts by mmoviejunkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Ya and then when he asks her "Are you certain, Is that what you want most in this world?" she looks at him like are u questioning me?....her reaction came from true quilt and like he just stripped her bare and exposed her secret!!! and said "of course" just to defend herself!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 03:52 AM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

im sure u guys have disscussed this already, but i just noticed that in the 1st movie Barbossa says "You can be the gentleman and shoot the lady and starve to death yourself!" when he says "shtto the lady" Jack's face like, scrunches, or kinda twitches which is definitley a sign of the J/L ending. yeah, im sure u've discussed it, but II just noticed that. im proud of me!

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 03:54 AM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mmoviejunkie

yeah i noticed that, gosh what a scene...(piratediva)

Last edited by mmoviejunkie on Oct 13th, 2006 at 03:57 AM

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 03:55 AM
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

*dreams* Johnny, oh Johnny!

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 03:57 AM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mmoviejunkie

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ivebeendepped43
im sure u guys have disscussed this already, but i just noticed that in the 1st movie Barbossa says "You can be the gentleman and shoot the lady and starve to death yourself!" when he says "shtto the lady" Jack's face like, scrunches, or kinda twitches which is definitley a sign of the J/L ending. yeah, im sure u've discussed it, but II just noticed that. im proud of me!

yep i noticed that too!

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 03:57 AM
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

ok, last post on the "Johnny getting married thread" by Rouge7PW or w/e
quote:
I think we're just going to have just 1 Jonny Depp thread here, that should cut down on the countless threads about him. Mistypirate, I like your discussion replies, but you and PirateDiva REALLY need to stop with the unnecessary profanity. Both of your replies qualify as member bashing and that is tolerated on this forum. For the last time, please stop doing this. Thanks.

lmao! i found this VERY funny. its just a typo, but i literally lol!

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 04:00 AM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Can u believe i got in troble for saying that the Kelly chic is stalking us...and i didnt see profanity...but i guess it offended ppl...sorry!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 04:25 AM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

LOVE THAT SCENE!!

you see the way he looked at her lips when he says "it shows you what you want most in this world"..the camera zooms in and the music is emotional..he even stutters a bit on the words..big grin

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 11:04 AM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

YEAH...me too...this is my favorite scene...it's our first hint of what's brewing between jack and Liz....I love it when he looks at her when Norrie says "you don't actually believe him?"...I LOVE IT...and then she kind of smiles and says "how do we find it"...."with this, my compass...etc.'''' Their closeness in this scene is electrifying....

of course...w/e shippers says LIZ looks frustrated with Jack in this scene...ha ha ha ...I have no doubt that KEira intentionally had those giddy and happy looks on her face cuz her character is getting closer and closer to Johnny's character "it's great" I've heard her say many times....I have no doubt that if Keira has her way..we will get our J/L ending....

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 01:45 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

even the "my compass?...is UNIQUE"

the way Liz looks at him as he says that LMAO..so may sexual innuendos in this move

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 01:47 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

I love it when he grabs her hands and puts the compass in them....them touching each other...that's hot.....I wonder what's running through Jack's mind...cuz we now know that he has been thinking an awful lot about her, that she has him vexed...he can't stay focused...he's attracted to her and at the same time angry at her....so I just wonder how he's feeling....it's so obvious how attracted he his to her....IMO

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 01:56 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

I know^^ lol that moment when she shouts "JACK!" he looks scared like "WHOAH dont eat me"

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 02:02 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Just the way she gets all giggly, they're like two kids. He keeps showing off his unique compass (symbolism here?) and he's making it very dramatic, snapping shut the compass, actually putting it in her hands. He's showing off, unconsciously trying to impress her and she's eating it up like cake. Her eyes go wide and she does this little giggle that's really cute and asks him if he's telling the truth, and he's very gentle with her and says every word is true, even though he failed to mention he sold Will out. But he would never lie about the compass to her.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 02:43 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

See...in Jack's crazy mind...he may not think he sold out Will....

yeah, he sent Will to find the key...but he couldn't just hand over the compass to Will...because he knows the compass is UNIQUE....

but at his point does he know who wants the compass?
Do you think he suspects Beckett?

He also knows that Davy will not accept Will as payment for Jack's soul...so Jack's probably thinking that "Will is safe and sound on the flying dutchman, where he and his father can reunite...

and keep him out of the way while he trys to find that Chest without Stupid bloody Will screwing things up for him.....

See this is all part of Jack's clever plans....where it looks like he's being manipulative but in the end is actually protecting everyone ....he knows you can't just kill the heart....you must first command Davy Jones to do what you want...then get rid of it somehow....

"Whoever possesses the chest has the leverage to command Davy Jones to do whatever he or she wants, including saving Brave William from his grim fate?"

"for if Davy Jones is dead than who is to call his terrible beastie off the hunt, eh?"

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 02:53 PM