KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Sagat vs Goro

Sagat vs Goro
Started by: Major Snafu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Sagat vs Goro

I got this idea from watching Goro beat the crap out of Art Lean in the MK movie.

The former champion of Mortal Kombat versus the Muay Thai Emperor.

Here's some trivia: Originally, Goro was billed at 8'2" but in Deception, they lowered his height to 6'8".

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 02:20 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Mrtal kombat characters are out of sf league.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 02:31 AM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Now this is intriguing. The Emperor of Muay Thai vs. the Prince of the Shokan. Actually, with his height being 6'8, Sagat is a little taller than him. Sagat is 7' something. It's hard to tell, gameplaywise, Goro is ****ed up because he has SNK boss syndrome. We'll have to wait for MK: Armageddon to see how he gets rebalanced. I can't call this one right now.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 02:33 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Toshiru
I has a titlez

is say goro wins 5.3/10 cause goro has 4 hands

Last edited by Toshiru on Oct 10th, 2006 at 02:50 AM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 02:36 AM
Toshiru is currently offline Click here to Send Toshiru a Private Message Find more posts by Toshiru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Now this is intriguing. The Emperor of Muay Thai vs. the Prince of the Shokan. Actually, with his height being 6'8, Sagat is a little taller than him. Sagat is 7' something. It's hard to tell, gameplaywise, Goro is ****ed up because he has SNK boss syndrome. We'll have to wait for MK: Armageddon to see how he gets rebalanced. I can't call this one right now.

Before there was SNK Boss Syndrome, there was Capcom Boss Syndrome. Many a gamer has spent a crapload of quarters (myself included) in the arcade playing Street Fighter 2.

Balrog, Vega and Sagat were already bad enough (Balrog with his Turn punches and Dash Uppers, Sagat especially, with the riduculous damage from his Tiger Blow and repeated Tiger Shots.)

Bison was a total mofo on Level 8. Repeated Knee Presses and throws out of the ass.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 02:41 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Bison could perform a walking "Psycho Crusher", Blanka could roll twice, etc. The worst case of "SNK BOSS SYNDROME" is Karai from TMNT:Tournament fighters. Dear God if there ever was a cheap boss.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 02:45 AM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Bison could perform a walking "Psycho Crusher", Blanka could roll twice, etc. The worst case of "SNK BOSS SYNDROME" is Karai from TMNT:Tournament fighters. Dear God if there ever was a cheap boss.

I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 02:46 AM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

The latest version of Street fighter 2 is the most difficult game in the universe.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 02:51 AM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Fighting Akuma in the end, god... how cheap.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:22 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

I got to disagree with you on that one. Shao Kahn from MK2, 3, Ultimate and Trilogy have the worst case of SNK Boss Syndrome. Repeat Shoulder Rams and that freakin' mallet he pulls out of nowhere after MK2.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:23 AM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Dude the bosses of tmnt had infinites!!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:27 AM
Joker1237

CPU Khan can end a match once he lands that hammer. I rember having full life, and I got hit with that hammer(MY mistake). Most times Khan decides to hit me once or 2 times, follow by a kick, which leaves me with less than HALF life. But a few times, he decides to end it right there and than. And repeat the hammer move until I dead. Super Cheap. Saying that, I cant pic Khan with out a Hammer lol.

Like Khan and his Hammer, Akuma has the raging Demon move. Game over once that hits. I never though of Bison, Vega, Saget and co as "Cheap" bosses. Vega is hard, but get that ring cage patter down, and you could time him when he jumps. Sagat is easy. Sure his moves do hugh damage, but he is slow.

Bison is hard of couse, but NO were near Khan or Kintaro.

So far the cheapness boss in a fighting game, has to be either Khan(When he lands that hammer, and shoulder charge) or Eyedol. Geez a 100 percent combo is JUST as bad as that hammer of Khan's. Both are match enders. The thing is Khan decides to let the match go on for a while before he ends it. He needs to get his smack talking in. Eyedol can take you out in ten or so sconds.

Over all, I think Goro would beat Saget. Later versions of Goro. Not the MK1 Goro. Saget would have so many moves for that Goro.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:39 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hwoarang
Restricted

Account Restricted

I say Sagat can take this. He is strong enough to hurt Goro. Even the origanal one. But he can can keep Goro at bay also with his chi blasts. Goro has blasts yes but no where near as effective as Sagat. Sagat 6 or 7/10

Thanks Rewmac !!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:10 PM
Hwoarang is currently offline Click here to Send Hwoarang a Private Message Find more posts by Hwoarang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

The original Goro was fireball-proof. If Sagat's fireballs can hurt him, then he's got a good shot of winning. If not, very hard to call. Goro is almost in the upper tier of SF. And Ashtar, other way around. Most of the SF cast is out of MK's league.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 06:20 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

Goro in later games was able to get Kintaro's ground stomp. Also he was harder to beat. And the best grab was powerful. I think once Saget thowns a Tiger shot. Goro could counter with a ground stomp in theory. Also its a unblockble move. I will hand Goro this in MK1, his fireball though not as fast as Saget's, does more damage. 4 or 5 of thsos shots and its game over. saying that, its a easy move to not get hit with. Goro was just slow in MK1. But like I said they impove him in later games.

I think Goro is at his peak in MKA or MKD(Gamecube) that Goro would clobber Saget.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 07:38 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

I think Sagat is one of the few people not in the top tier in SF that could beat Goro. Top tier being Gouki, Bison, etc. Sagat is borderline top tier storywise. Gameplaywise, Sagat is considered #2 in CVS2. I think even Goro would fall down after the tiger uppercut. Unblockability aside, I think the tiger uppercut could stop the tele stomp.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 09:49 PM
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mrtal kombat characters are out of sf league.
Funniest quote of the day.

The more you question it, the less you will understand.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 10:13 PM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

I see Sagat beating the Holy Shit out of Goro.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 09:10 PM
Frisky Dingo is currently offline Click here to Send Frisky Dingo a Private Message Find more posts by Frisky Dingo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote