KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Big Boss & Solid Snake vs Raiden & Solidus Snake

Big Boss & Solid Snake vs Raiden & Solidus Snake
Started by: Hooverman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hooverman

Big Boss & Solid Snake vs Raiden & Solidus Snake

Two similar relations but who would win

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 06:00 PM
Hooverman is currently offline Click here to Send Hooverman a Private Message Find more posts by Hooverman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

hmm.. solidus bear-hugs big boss and solid while raiden breaks out the katana and plays pinata embarrasment

on a more serious note, I think if raiden defeated solidus, snake n big boss should have no problem overwhelming them

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 10:50 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

cant say at the moment.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 11:06 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hooverman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
cant say at the moment.

y not?

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 06:15 PM
Hooverman is currently offline Click here to Send Hooverman a Private Message Find more posts by Hooverman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I wnat more research and info.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 07:31 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

Raiden is a big cry baby,but he is tough.I still give it to snake and Big Boss though

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 01:04 AM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hoshi

raiden is just a guy that was trained to be like snake , and couldnt do it perfectly , solidus is a strong guy , but big boss is in another level of fighting .

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 05:22 PM
Hoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Hoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Hoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

Big Boss and Snake can beat Raiden. Raiden can beat Solidus. Solidus is the weakest guy right here.
Big boss and Solid Snake are the dominant ones here.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 12:51 AM
Stealth Agent is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Agent a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Agent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hooverman

what if it was solid snake and raiden vs. solidus and big boss

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 01:12 AM
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is a good thread. needs more posts. Solidus' speed and abilities place him far above Solid and Big Boss. They can neither keep up with his speed or have a prayer of hitting him with any sort of weapon. Was seen when olga went to aim at him that his tentacles move fast enough to both knock the gun away and then grab her by the throat before she can effectively aim and fire. So, should be no problem for him to do the same to either Snake or Big Boss. Then zoom up, stab whoever is left and game over.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 06:35 AM
Shin_Nikkolas is currently offline Click here to Send Shin_Nikkolas a Private Message Find more posts by Shin_Nikkolas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Big Boss beats Raiden
Solid beats Solidus

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 09:17 AM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lightness

raiden wins by himself if it's mgs4 version. otherwise solidus/raiden loses

Old Post Nov 24th, 2006 11:31 PM
lightness is currently offline Click here to Send lightness a Private Message Find more posts by lightness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

I love when people don't read and just use their own unfounded beleifs to judge who will and will not win.

I showed how Solidus could take down Solid or Naked with no problem. They have no chance of hitting him with any weapon. He'll chop their heads off or crush their throats or do any of the million other ways he can can obliterate them.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2006 11:41 PM
Shin_Nikkolas is currently offline Click here to Send Shin_Nikkolas a Private Message Find more posts by Shin_Nikkolas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Olga is not Solid Snake nor is she Big Boss. Let me just say it out right: Twin Snakes Solid Snake. Nothing more needs to be said.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 11:00 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Pretty much! Solid is as good as they come, and Solidus for all his ability, is still neither faster, stronger or harder to hit than Gray Fox is. I think that if they are all fully equipped, Solid and Big Boss wins (seeing as Snake has stealth camoflauge and rocket launchers, etc, same with BB except Stealth camoflauge).

If they are just equipped with normal weaponry like guns and assault rifles, I can see BB losing to Solidus, and Solid (if by TS) beating him in a damn hardpressed battle. If this is BB by Portable Ops, he takes Raiden. Watch the trailer and all, he takes out someone that is roughly the speed of Gray Fox and Solidus, and dodges bullets from a machine gun for a long time on an open space. He's no Solid Snake, but I would put him around the 2 or 3 in the list of the best MGS characters...

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 12:01 AM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Solidus can't beat Solid.
Even Raiden kicked his ass.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 10:12 AM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

A>B>C logic. ALso, Plot-induced stupidity. Villains lose. Solidus, by all showings, is a master with both swords. His speed and strength are higher than Raiden's. He could have, quite frankly, cut down Raiden with ease. But, as is the game, the hero must prevail. That's how RPG villains who can destroy countries and planets lose to the band of heroes.

Also, Raiden was using a sword. Snake, as far as I know, is not. So, Solidus showed he could doge RPGs and machinegun fire as well as block them with his arms or swords. And who says Olga's aim/fire is any slower than Snake's...? I can't see how you can prove that unless you're saying he has better reflexes (which he may very well have ie. that stupid jumping over the missile iN Twin Snakes). But, still, if Snake has rockets, he fires them. Solidus dodges them. Snake is thus left with an opponent faster than him and no form of weapon except an empty rocket launcher. If he has a FAMAS or AK-74u, he still dies because Solidus deflected RAY's fire and it was definitely faster than a normal assault rifle.

And this is not even taking into account the snake-arms which have a couple different uses; such as range attacks by swipign or misssile or grabbing Snake/Big Boss.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 10:40 AM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Funny how Raiden won by OUTSPEEDING Solidus. He made a quick step to the side while Solidus struck, and cut off his spine. You can't say that it is plot line, Raiden was a better swordfighter and that was proved, I don't see it getting any clearer than that.

But I do see your point, I'm thinking about sides....

Arguments for Snake!

And Snake dodgin a bullet while being unprepared speaks for good refelexes. And seeing as how Raiden dodged Solidus über Snake-arms, I don't see how Snake should not be able to dodge them.
And when did Solidus dodge rocket launchers? He dodged Snake's grenades, and fell down as well, (He had to make huge leaps to avoid it), and that is not a rocket launcher with homing ability.

And Snake's has alot of weapons except for the Stinger though! He has other weapons (he does have a HF blade in Acid, but whatever), and sure Solidus can parry all shots when fired directly at him, however if Snake does a similair expert move that Raiden did, or jumps over his head, he could fire at his head!
And Snake always beat's the faster, stronger and more durable person. Gray Fox is by all mean's a faster opponent and the stronger, and Solidus speed is only enhanced in quick bursts and dashes....

If Snake has all equipment, he can turn invisible, which is game over for Solidus!

Argument's for Solidus.

Well the thing is that I don't think Snake could easily penetrate his defences, even with his arm Solidus could defend against bullets from a machine gun, and with his two swords it is damn near impossible to penetrate! Although his quick bursts are effective, I don't see them doing a huge advantage against Snake, Raiden after all was not overthrown by these, and Snake is quicker to react from what we have seen. However, they are a good defence against things as grenades and bullets.
Though Solidus is deadly as hell in sword combat, Snake still had a stalemate with Gray Fox when he was wielding his sword, and got in a couple of strikes. But Solidus having two swords and a larger suit than Fox (whom with I don't think Solidus can be as easily tripped as Fox was), that gives a huge advantage.

Well it depends for me....

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 02:41 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Funny how Raiden won by OUTSPEEDING Solidus. He made a quick step to the side while Solidus struck, and cut off his spine. You can't say that it is plot line, Raiden was a better swordfighter and that was proved, I don't see it getting any clearer than that.

Once Raiden does all Solidus did with his swords, then he's a better swordfighter than Solidus. He got in a lucky move. When Solidus lost the snake-arms, his speed was made double. All he had to do is use one burst and he could have easily skewered Raiden. He did not make that burst in the scene. He was using only feet and not the accelerator which makes no sense.

quote:
And Snake dodgin a bullet while being unprepared speaks for good refelexes. And seeing as how Raiden dodged Solidus über Snake-arms, I don't see how Snake should not be able to dodge them.
And when did Solidus dodge rocket launchers? He dodged Snake's grenades, and fell down as well, (He had to make huge leaps to avoid it), and that is not a rocket launcher with homing ability.

I said RPG - rocket-propeled grenade. And Snake's Stinge rmissiles have no chance of locking on Solidus. He is way too fast. Anyone who has used that weapon knows it slimitations. Solidus, given a good area to dasha bout in, will be impossible to hit with that thing unless Snake has ungodly amounts of luck.

quote:
And Snake's has alot of weapons except for the Stinger though! He has other weapons (he does have a HF blade in Acid, but whatever), and sure Solidus can parry all shots when fired directly at him, however if Snake does a similair expert move that Raiden did, or jumps over his head, he could fire at his head!
And Snake always beat's the faster, stronger and more durable person. Gray Fox is by all mean's a faster opponent and the stronger, and Solidus speed is only enhanced in quick bursts and dashes....

That is the thing about Snake...by all accounts he should have died quite a lot against most of his opponents. Examples include Gre Fox. If Fox had wanted to, Snake would have been dead. That's beyond question.Fox's mobility and strength are above anything Snake could have handled. And how is he gonna jump over Solidus' head if Solidus has the snake-arms? One effortless strike and he's right back down.

quote:
If Snake has all equipment, he can turn invisible, which is game over for Solidus!

No one said all equipment. So, who knows.

If BB can kill Raiden off then a 2-on-1 is their best chance against Solidus.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 05:41 PM
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nikkolas
A>B>C logic. ALso, Plot-induced stupidity. Villains lose. Solidus, by all showings, is a master with both swords. His speed and strength are higher than Raiden's. He could have, quite frankly, cut down Raiden with ease. But, as is the game, the hero must prevail. That's how RPG villains who can destroy countries and planets lose to the band of heroes.

Also, Raiden was using a sword. Snake, as far as I know, is not. So, Solidus showed he could doge RPGs and machinegun fire as well as block them with his arms or swords. And who says Olga's aim/fire is any slower than Snake's...? I can't see how you can prove that unless you're saying he has better reflexes (which he may very well have ie. that stupid jumping over the missile iN Twin Snakes). But, still, if Snake has rockets, he fires them. Solidus dodges them. Snake is thus left with an opponent faster than him and no form of weapon except an empty rocket launcher. If he has a FAMAS or AK-74u, he still dies because Solidus deflected RAY's fire and it was definitely faster than a normal assault rifle.

And this is not even taking into account the snake-arms which have a couple different uses; such as range attacks by swipign or misssile or grabbing Snake/Big Boss.

That is not A>B>C logic, that's simple logic. Snake is better than Raiden in every way. Even Olga was able to block machine gunfire with her sword and her reflexes or speed aren't on Snake's level and Snake dodged bullets as well and he doesn't need any super-suit to do that. As for speed and weapon, Snake was able to dodge Gry Fox's sword who I believe is faster than Solidus, Solidus is only fast when he uses his suit engine (or whatever that thing is) in combat he is not faster than Snake, I actually believe Snake is faster and more agile. As for killing Rays, they were only copies of real MG Ray and weren't as good as original, Raiden was able to take few of them with only rocket launcher.
And Dodging Solidus swords or tantacles wont be a problem for Snake. Give him a gun and a knife I'm pretty sure he'll take Solidus down.

Originally posted by Nikkolas

If Fox had wanted to, Snake would have been dead.

Fox WANTED to kill Snake, that is beyond the question. But he just couldn't.

Last edited by Sam Z on Nov 27th, 2006 at 06:10 PM

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 06:03 PM