KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Wii Virtual Console Discussion

Wii Virtual Console Discussion
Started by: General Kaliero

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Wii Virtual Console Discussion

Well now that the Wii's VC has a nice bit of selection to it, I figured we should have a thread where people can recommend VC games that are worth getting.

Bonk's Adventure: This one is both fun and funny. Bonk, your typical large-headed caveman, kills enemies by whacking them with his head. A platformer that starts out simple enough, but quickly becomes a nicely challenging game.

Super Mario 64: Basically the advent of 3D platforming. If you loved it before, you're going to enjoy this, but in comparison with todays platformers the controls aren't quite as tight as they could be, and it does of course look dated nowadays. I'd recommend this if you need a nostalgia trip.

Super Star Soldier: An excellent entry into the scrolling shooter genre. Four different types of weapons, each with four tiers of power and their own pros and cons, imaginative backgrounds, good music, and enough enemies to practically fill the screen at times. If you like this genre, you need to buy this one.

F-Zero: Nintendo's premiere racing series before Mario Kart got so dang popular. F-Zeros are still made, and are still excellent, so here's a good way to learn the ropes while Nintendo is making the next F-Zero for the Wii. F-Zero was one of the first SNES games to use the Mode 7 pseudo-3D technology, and it used it well. The game looks old now, but still offers a brilliant experience with great controls, well-made courses, and now-classic music.

Gunstar Heroes: The game that put Treasure Games on the map. A running shoot-em-up (think Contra) with great design and gameplay. An excellent game that most people should buy, though I have to note: If you have Gunstar Super Heroes for the GBA, it did everything Gunstar Heroes does, but slightly better.

Sonic the Hedgehog: Need I say more? It's ****ing Sonic the Hedgehog, before the series went 3D and became crap.

The Legend of Zelda: Again, need I say more? The first entry in one of the best game series of all time. Remember, though, it is NOT a linear game, so be prepared to wander... err, explore.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Last edited by General Kaliero on Dec 11th, 2007 at 11:43 PM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 05:30 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Bought The Legend of Zelda & Wario Woods yesterday.... Just for nostalgia... I actually own both in cartridge form though.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 05:51 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Anyone got a full list of available games for VC now and those coming?

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 07:24 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I believe this list extends to the end of the year.

NES

Baseball
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Ice Hockey
Mario Bros.
Pinball
Soccer
Solomon's Key
Tennis
The Legend of Zelda
Urban Champion
Wario's Woods

SNES

F-Zero
SimCity

N64

Super Mario 64

Sega Genesis

Altered Beast
Columns
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
Ecco the Dolphin
Gunstar Heroes
Golden Axe
Ristar
Sonic the Hedgehog
Space Harrier II
Toejam & Earl

TurboGrafx-16

Bomberman '93
Bonk's Adventure
Dungeon Explorer
R-Type
Super Star Soldier
Victory Run

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 08:25 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dirkdirden
Senor Membber

I got Toe Jam and Earl and thats All I need.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 08:53 PM
dirkdirden is currently offline Click here to Send dirkdirden a Private Message Find more posts by dirkdirden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Hmm, the most interesting console to get VC games on would be the SNES in my opinion, why does it have so few? I would at least have expected Donkey Kong Country.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 10:53 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Keep in mind that the current games include only the launch games and four for each week to the end of the year. I was most excited for the SNES games too; I want my Super Metroid and Star Fox.

I'm a bit confused that they've been focusing so much on Genesis over here, but at least most of the Genesis games are good. SNES games will come.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 10:58 PM
Morridini
Morridini

genesis was never really popular here in Norway so I don't know much of it, and "TurboGrafx-16" I haven't even heard of.

I did some checking, and Donkey Kong Country is available in Australia now.

Ah yes, Star Fox and Super Metroid would be nice to see as well. However, is there any possibility for more "rare"games? I remember a game called Pocky and Rocky (KiKi KaiKai: Nazo no Kuro Manto) which i really liked and would love to get my hands on again.

Too bad we have to wait for Nintendo to be arsed to send out accessories for us who don't have wireless net before we can start getting VC games.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 11:03 PM
sXe
jenr

I DL'd SM64. big grin

I have 1000 points left, but nothing out right now is really calling me.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 11:03 PM
sXe is currently offline Click here to Send sXe a Private Message Find more posts by sXe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Morridini
Too bad we have to wait for Nintendo to be arsed to send out accessories for us who don't have wireless net before we can start getting VC games.
hmm...im still checking EB though (havent been there since i got my wii a week ago)

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 02:12 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Games I want to see on the VC.

NES: Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros. 3, Duck hunt, Contra, Mega Mans.

SNES: Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, F-Zero (already out), Mega Man X1-X3. Donky Kong games.

Genisis: Sonic (which I already got) Sonic 2, Sonic and Knuckles, Mortal Kombat games.

N64: Mario 64 (which I already got), Zelda: OoT, Zelda: Majora's Mask, Star Fox, Turok 1&2, Mario Kart, F-Zero X, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark (both of which are long shots because of Rare) Donky Kong 64, 1080 Snowboarding, Blast Corps, Pilot Wings.

Thats all I can think of right now.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 02:31 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

i want more bomberman games on the VC..especially the SNES versions..

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 02:50 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

Why? 93's the best one.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 07:45 AM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

*COUGH* superBM5isbest *COUGH*

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 08:39 AM
Morridini
Morridini

Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
...Goldeneye, Perfect Dark (both of which are long shots because of Rare) Donky Kong 64...

Isn't Donkey Kong also Rare?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 10:29 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Chances of Goldeneye in the near future are zero.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 12:58 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swe_Bum
R.I.P Dimebag Darrell!

Cuz Rare and Nintendo Doesn't work together anymore... right?

Pure American Metal

My fanart/art-- My sigs

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 04:40 PM
Swe_Bum is currently offline Click here to Send Swe_Bum a Private Message Find more posts by Swe_Bum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Morridini
Isn't Donkey Kong also Rare?

Yeah, DK was made by Rare, but Nintendo owns the rights to Donkey Kong period. Same thing with Star Fox. Even though Rare made Star Fox Adventures, Nintendo owns the rights to all the elements of the game, so they could use Krystal and the Dinosaur Planet in Assault.

While Goldeneye would be awesome, Ush is right, that won't be happening for a LONG time, if at all.

Originally posted by Swe_Bum
Cuz Rare and Nintendo Doesn't work together anymore... right?

Microsoft bought Rare, that's why.

Last edited by General Kaliero on Dec 20th, 2006 at 04:48 PM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 04:44 PM
Swe_Bum
R.I.P Dimebag Darrell!

I want Perfect Dark! The best Shooting game for 64... FFS

Pure American Metal

My fanart/art-- My sigs

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 04:47 PM
Swe_Bum is currently offline Click here to Send Swe_Bum a Private Message Find more posts by Swe_Bum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

So, why didnt Nintendo get the rights to Perfect Dark and GoldenEye?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 05:12 PM