KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Illidan VS Sephiroth

Illidan VS Sephiroth
Started by: Burning thought

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Illidan VS Sephiroth

Illidan from World of Warcraft

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burn...lidan-1280x.jpg

http://www.wowwiki.com/Illidan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqpz2WOjtBE

VS

Sephiroth from FF

http://www.rpgland.com/fanart/parsons/sephiroth.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sephir..._Fantasy_VII%29

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRBUtvyCbFc

all powers and abilities known.......this is a live battle, so there may be difficulty judging certain sephiroth attacks due to the fact FF games are Turn-based

both are extremely powerful, skilled melee, powerful Magic, speed and strength...let the battle begin

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 08:23 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mesirus
Infomation Trafficer

if mana burn can kill sephiroth, illidan would be the all day draining mana, and would win, but i think sephiroth is going to win

Auron: Heh, no wonder no one wants to die.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 01:59 AM
Mesirus is currently offline Click here to Send Mesirus a Private Message Find more posts by Mesirus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

hmm ime not so sure, Illidans weapons are far more powerful than Sephiroths, i mean the Masamune as far as i know has no truly special enchants, ive heard combined with his speed and strength and the swords metal it can cut through most things but it cannot possibly match a pair of Demon glaives enchanted with dark power

also Illidan is faster, and although he doesnt have many magics he has proven to be able to call lightning to strike, send forth dark magic from his hands and burst into flames, engulfing his enemies if they get too close

i think Sephiroth is a little outmatched

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 11:41 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLink

Dont be So Sure

Sephiroth is a little stronger now (because of remake of FF7 for PS3)
i think that Square Enix is going to make some new spells for him,

so its going to be EQUAL

ROUND 1
1=1
(Both Die)

ROUND 2
1=1
(Both Die Again)

ROUND 3
1=1
(ok that was final round its a tie)

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 02:09 PM
TheLink is currently offline Click here to Send TheLink a Private Message Find more posts by TheLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

hmm possibly Equel, but i still think Illidan has a bit more chance, i mean Sephiroth cannot clear the distance between the ground and above the clouds in 3 seconds like illidan can when he flies.....

also Illidan has glowing tattoes, he has to win stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 02:51 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

i thought this was quite a good matchup...ok rules changed, Only melee skills allowed, now that is a good matchup, i think illidan will win but with difficulty, since he dont know his spells both cant do spells now

ok let battle commence

(or dont we have many with a love for WoW)

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 07:36 PM
lightness

seph wins, what have illidan ever done?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 02:24 AM
lightness is currently offline Click here to Send lightness a Private Message Find more posts by lightness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mesirus
Infomation Trafficer

Sephiroth is the superior combat artist, he wins with reletive ease

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 04:41 AM
Mesirus is currently offline Click here to Send Mesirus a Private Message Find more posts by Mesirus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

what do you mean what has Illidan ever done, on a number of occasions hes nearly blown up the world, summoned forth armies to destroy the world and has faced off against beings that would chew up Sephiroth, the only weakness Illidan has in this fight are perhaps he needs some of his magic abilites and his weapons are not made for dueling, their made for mass killing

However i still say illidan wins, what makes you so sure that Sephiroth is superior, so hes a genetically engineered soldier? big deal.....Illidan has lived tens of thousands of years.....in that long life, even while trapped and blind under ground his battle skill in his mind would be thought, he can move much faster than sephiroth, Sephiroth is a slow flier indeed....Illidan can move at extreme speed....Illidans power and strength were already great as an elf, then increased by the power of the magic water added on by the SKull of Guldan that gave him incredible power, i think you two are greatly underesmating illidan

all Sephiroth has to show is feats of magic, his sword skills leave much to be desired, his best skills are his magic ones, his sword although a very powerful and lengthly sword bears no enchantments from what ive heard, comepared to the combined power of shadow and flame from illidans Demonic blades

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 08:07 AM
Mesirus
Infomation Trafficer

Maybe you don't know I'm a long time Warcraft follower, not someone swept up by WoW.

And i know in combat alone sephiroth wins

He nearly blew up the world? when was that? The only thing remotely like that is when he used the Eye of Sargeras to attempt to shatter the Frozen Throne, but your talking earthquakes at best there...... i know nothing about blowing up the world

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 05:39 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mesirus
Maybe you don't know I'm a long time Warcraft follower, not someone swept up by WoW.

And i know in combat alone sephiroth wins

He nearly blew up the world? when was that? The only thing remotely like that is when he used the Eye of Sargeras to attempt to shatter the Frozen Throne, but your talking earthquakes at best there...... i know nothing about blowing up the world

maybe you dont know, i am also a long time Warcraft follower and i know in combat alone illidan wins

you have no proof that would tell this.....night elf, magical, Demon >>>>>>> bio enginerred soldier who gets pwned by Cloud many times and Cloud isnt much better, how is Sephiroth going to hit the far faster illidan, and how is he going to best Illidans furious assault?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 05:43 PM
lightness

what fighting skills has illadin shown besides getting his ass handed to him by arthras and getting captured by that night elf band, while seph destroyed armies by himself. Arthras/Illidin's fighting skills were really weak compared to those seen in AC

using a device to blow up a planet and being able to command an army wont help, unless you mean including all those against him. The only one who can destroy planets was seph, if you count that annoying spell as a final boss.

if he flew he can just strike him down with lightning bolts.

Last edited by lightness on Dec 20th, 2006 at 06:54 AM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 06:47 AM
lightness is currently offline Click here to Send lightness a Private Message Find more posts by lightness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by lightness
what fighting skills has illadin shown besides getting his ass handed to him by arthras and getting captured by that night elf band, while seph destroyed armies by himself. Arthras/Illidin's fighting skills were really weak compared to those seen in AC

using a device to blow up a planet and being able to command an army wont help, unless you mean including all those against him. The only one who can destroy planets was seph, if you count that annoying spell as a final boss.

if he flew he can just strike him down with lightning bolts.

the only reason the fighting skill seemed poor is because its a game...using relitively dated game graphics compared to those used in recent FF games and the AC film...if you watch the Video at the end of the link i gave for illidan you can clearly see he is far faster than sephiroth, he moved from the ground to above the clouds wthin about 3 seconds, sephiroth is not capable of such an act, he is far slower which imediatley suggest that Illidan speeding at him like a bulet bearing two Demonic enchanted glaive blades would not be easy for sephiroth to overcome

Sephiroth sword would probably end up getting smashed by illidans blade, and Illidan was going to blow open the roof of the world with the eye of sergerus, it wasnt a simple earthquake, he was attempting to blow it to pieces which would probably undoubtably unless magic forces intervene knock a world off its orbit or such with an explosion like that

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 10:34 AM
Mesirus
Infomation Trafficer

Originally posted by Burning thought
maybe you dont know, i am also a long time Warcraft follower and i know in combat alone illidan wins
well that proves to me you hopped on the Warcracft band wagon at WoW and assume so much.

you have no proof that would tell this.....night elf, magical, Demon >>>>>>> bio enginerred soldier who gets pwned by Cloud many times and Cloud isnt much better, how is Sephiroth going to hit the far faster illidan, and how is he going to best Illidans furious assault?
ok my points:

1) I know the warcraft universe, and Sephiorth in combat would take illidan without much difficulty

2) Sephiroth kicks Clouds ass until he lets Clouds break limit come through

3) What you saw in AC wasn't the real Sephiroth. The Real one is way more powerful, that was just a lava, a fragment if you will, of the true power.

4) Sephiroth is faster than Illidan. AC where they fought in the building chunks with fallings, cloud had 2 weapons also, sephiroth was keeping up with ease

5) Backup your points with more than opinion please

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 01:04 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

the Fact illidan is faster is not opinion, Sephiroth CANNOT clear the space between the ground and the top of the clouds, he merely floats around, his sword skills are fast indeed, but Illidans weapons are far better at defence than a single sword, that has no true encahntments....

and wtf is all this about WoW bandwagon, ive played all the games, all i havnt done is read ALL the books, it seems you assume too much yourself, what the hell about the Warcraft universe that you know would imediatley make illidan seem weaker or slower than Sephiroth, theres nothing

the facts are layed clearly in front of you

Illidan= Faster, Demon Lord, consumer of the skull of Guldan who was a greatly feared and powerful Warlock who was corrupted by the power of sergerus as well as the demons which increased Illidans power consderably, he bears a pair of powerful Demonic blades used by a Doom Guard commander called Azzinoth, he is over about 10,000 years old, since for 10,000 years he was imprisoned, when he fights he is constantly in a blood lusted and angry state and never lets arrogance overcome like Sephiroth may do

Sephiroth= bio engineered human, injected with jenova cells increasing his speed and strength considerably, almost becoming a near god through the life stream, wields an unenchanted (unless proven otherwise) Masurmane blade (not good at spelling stick out tongue ) which has considerable length, the soldier has considerable fightings skill as well and knows how to use his sword

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 03:55 PM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Last edited by Wandering Flame on Dec 20th, 2006 at 04:54 PM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 04:51 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Cloud_VII
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye0dJhSH_LU

thats no argument....where does that blast come from, if its a supernova then he needs a sun in the battle to be able to do it, which there is none, its just a open battle in pitch black since i did not create any layout...so no supernova

also it takes a while to cast, in that time Illidan will just beam straight into him and slice him to peaces.....OR burn his magic away so he cant cast any spells...easily stopped

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 05:11 PM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sephiroth can cast wall for defense or he could inflict petrification. Also, Sin Heartless Angel is an instant kill move. Here's the list to all of Sephiroth's moves; They're half way of the page. Though for some reason it won't show unless you press enter twice in the address bar. http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/...sy_vii_boss.txt.

Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Last edited by Wandering Flame on Dec 20th, 2006 at 05:29 PM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 05:14 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Cloud_VII
Sephiroth can cast wall for defense or he could inflict petrification. Also, Sin Heartless Angel is an instant kill move. Here's the list to all of Sephiroth's moves; They're half way of the page. Though for some reason it won't show unless you press enter twice in the address bar. http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/...sy_vii_boss.txt.

instant kill......only in game mechanics m8, you cant expect that just because it can instantly kill cloud that it can instantly kill illidan, Segerus, God?

and all his spell have cast times and mana costs wheras Illidan can drain away his magic power and is fast enough to clear the space between him and sephiroth and slice him to pieces

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 05:47 PM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

instant kill......only in game mechanics m8, you cant expect that just because it can instantly kill cloud that it can instantly kill illidan, Segerus, God?

and all his spell have cast times and mana costs wheras Illidan can drain away his magic power and is fast enough to clear the space between him and sephiroth and slice him to pieces

How can he drain his magic power? Also, it's not like Sephiroth will be standing there. Like I said, he could petrify Illidian and turn him into stone. Also, Pale Horse inflicts every status ailment known in the FF7 universe. It takes time? Either way Sephiroth doesn't worry about that since he's casted Wall which stops Illidian from attacking him. Sin Heartless Angel puts a halo on a character so what do you think it will do to him? Illidian isn't God, God isn't a living being so how could he be killed? Also, Sephiroth can cast Doom, which is pretty much the same as SHA only it kills the opponent after a few moments, in which Sephiroth is invulnerable because of his defensive barrier.

Last edited by Wandering Flame on Dec 20th, 2006 at 06:11 PM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 06:09 PM