KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Started by: AstroFan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
@stroFan
SMUDGE

The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

HELL ****ING YEAH!!!!!

quote:
This weekend, SpikeTV's GameHead program confirmed rumors that a Chronicles of Riddick game is coming to next-gen consoles. Speaking with host Geoff Keighley, Sierra Entertainment executive producer Pete Wanat confirmed that The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena is being developed for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Assault on Dark Athena will contain all the content from The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, which was a critical and commercial hit on the PC and original Xbox. It will also add new material that takes place after the previous game's titular jailbreak and feature reworked graphics.

"This isn't a case when we took the old-gen game and up-rezed it," said Wanat. "All the textures are being redone so it truly looks like a next-gen game." The producer also confirmed that developer Starbreeze, Universal Pictures, and Tigon Studios--Vin Diesel's game company--are all collaborating on the new game. Diesel himself is also doing new voice work for the expanded storyline.

Wanat also confirmed that the PS3 version of the game will take advantage of the console's motion-sensing Sixaxis controller. He called the controller "totally perfect" for the game's shiv-based prison combat, but did not elaborate. Wanat also dodged questions about whether or not Assault on Dark Athena would have a multiplayer component, saying only "it would be beneficial if it did in the era of Xbox Live."

Assault on Dark Athena currently has no official release date, although British site Computer & Video Games claims to have learned it will arrive before the end of the year. Reps for Vivendi Games, Sierra's parent company, had not responded on requests for comment as of press time.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/617121...estnews;title;3

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 21st, 2007 11:24 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm aroused. no expression

Old Post May 21st, 2007 11:43 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tekno Boy
Master of the Games

YOU'RE aroused?

You never know with Hideo

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 08:28 AM
Tekno Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Tekno Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Tekno Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Nice.. worthy of keeping ones eye on, considering the quality of the last title

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 08:55 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Gamespot updated their story, now confirming online multiplayer. big grin big grin big grin

quote:
[UPDATE 2] Early Wednesday, Sierra formally announced Assault on Dark Athena--and answered some of the questions Wanat left hanging. The game will indeed "for the first time in the Riddick universe, take action in intense multi-player combat." Sierra later clarified said MP mode would be online-enabled. Both the 360 and PS3 editions of Dark Athena will be released later this year.

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 05:39 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I loved the first one for Xbox. The graphics were outstanding, gameplay was innovative, smooth and FUN as hell. Overall best movie licensed game EVER....after Goldeneye anyways.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 07:56 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

I don't know, I wasn't a huge fan of the first one...

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 10:03 PM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I never played much of the first, but from what I did, I was really impressed.

I'll definitely be checking this one out.

Old Post May 23rd, 2007 12:47 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hancock1

Sweet.This I have to see.

Old Post May 24th, 2007 08:39 PM
Hancock1 is currently offline Click here to Send Hancock1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hancock1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

butchar bay was one of the smoothest and entertaining fps game i ever played, i am highly looking forward to this one

Old Post May 25th, 2007 03:56 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I hope they retain the stealthy shadow gameplay .. I mean I did like the other elements but shadows are what made the game

Old Post May 25th, 2007 12:08 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Yall do realise this is a remake of the original right? So everything that was in it will be back. lol

Old Post May 25th, 2007 11:47 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

If it is, thats retarded.

Create an new game with new storyline.

Old Post May 26th, 2007 04:38 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AstroFan
Yall do realise this is a remake of the original right? So everything that was in it will be back. lol
I'm talking about the multiplayer component.. sometimes multiplayer turns into a watered down version of single player experience (gameplay wise)

Old Post May 26th, 2007 05:36 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I still dont the idea of redoing a game that still looks pretty good on the PC.

I think its being lazy. I'm not going to buy it, or rent it, or play it.

Old Post May 26th, 2007 06:35 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

the article says its 'the original adventure and some added events that take place after the big jail break' completely redone... /shrug

I'll probably rent it if anything

Old Post May 26th, 2007 11:58 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah...shrug is right.

Why the hell are they doing this? If The Darkness turns out to be a great game...then if they continue with an new game, they can become one of the better known studios out there.

Releasing an updated Riddick game is retarded. Who the hell is going to buy it? I'm not. I dont care about updated graphics because the graphics werent bad to begin with. I can understand if Valve redo's Half Life because its almost 10 years old. But Riddick...the PC version is still good looking today.

Old Post May 26th, 2007 06:15 PM
Phat J

i never played the first one so ill probably check it out

Old Post May 30th, 2007 01:50 AM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I would definitly check it out.

It's a pretty sweet game.

Loads of atmosphere, excellent voice acting, great fistacuffs, GTA like missions (go around and do things for people), pretty sweet graphics, and overall good story.

Definitly check it out...but if you dont like stealthy FPS then you might not like it.

Old Post May 30th, 2007 02:34 AM