KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Forza 2

Forza 2
Started by: BackFire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Forza 2

I got this game the other day and have gotten really really into it. Not since Gran Turismo 2 for the PS1 has a racing sim grabbed me like this game has.

I love the psuedo RPG aspect, needing to level up in order to be allowed into better races. Gives a reason to keep going.

Anyone else have this game?

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 07:11 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

you should close the thread are open a new one when the forum is fixed.

i got forza a couple of days ago and im liking it alot

touch my penis

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 07:22 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I heard so much about making your own model and then selling it. Which sound interesting. How's the tracks? bitchin or shitty?

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 07:40 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Tracks are good, not a huge amount of variety, but enough to keep the experience fresh throughout.

PVS: *Touches*

Teehee

Hey PVS, what level are you?

Last edited by BackFire on Jun 7th, 2007 at 07:53 PM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 07:50 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

level? shit i dont know. i havent advanced very far, that i know

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 07:54 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

On your knees, wench. I hate your mouth.

Yeah you gain levels as you drive, which unlocks new cars and tracks, in career mode, that is.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 07:55 PM
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

i started out on europe...should have taken japan. it has a red honda crx just like i used to own and also my present car. the selection kicks ass...ass...ass...mmmmmmmmmmm

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 08:22 PM
BackFire

Yeah, my home is America. The discounts don't seem to matter much, you rack up so much money, and get so many free cars, that it's not really a huge deal.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 08:29 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Re: Forza 2

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
I got this game the other day and have gotten really really into it. Not since Gran Turismo 2 for the PS1 has a racing sim grabbed me like this game has.

I love the psuedo RPG aspect, needing to level up in order to be allowed into better races. Gives a reason to keep going.

Anyone else have this game?

would you recommend it to non car-freaks?.. I mean I enjoy driving.. but when I gotta do stuff like angling tires and changing gear ratios it makes me dizzy embarrasment

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 8th, 2007 01:24 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yes! I know jack shit about cars, I have no interest in them, but the game is still incredibly fun.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2007 01:31 AM
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

you can buy tunable suspension and i imagine you can adjust the drivetrain if you buy it...i never bother with that though since im not a frikin mechanic.

backfire, im level 11 now

Old Post Jun 8th, 2007 03:44 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Played the demo, and I ****ing sucked at it.

Kinda of freaked me out a little bit.

Saw the 1up show and those guys (most are gear heads also) were talkign about how you can do all shit with telemetry (whatever the **** that is).

I might pick it up later on down the road when it becomes a bit cheaper.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2007 04:25 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yeah, Gear heads love this game. But it has an appeal for people like me too. I still upgrade my car and such, and it makes it easy for me to figure out what exactly each upgrade will change, even though I don't know about cars.

The demo was pretty underwhelming.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2007 05:14 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I played the demo last night and managed to snag a win... but not without slamming into the back of the 1st place car (he was driving like a granny) embarrasment .. damn daytona USA breeding violent driving big grin

is there a penalty for having body damage?

and the real time turn taking aid is a really nice feature..

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 8th, 2007 03:07 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I aslo liked the aid.

I think thats the difference between an great car sim like Forza, to an alright car sim GT.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2007 05:11 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

You can turn on a penalty for damage. I have it turned on slightly, so if I take too much damage your steering will screw up, or your max speed will decrease. You can also have it cause no damage. Or more damage.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2007 07:26 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

So, I'm assuming the game is highly customizable.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2007 07:38 PM
BackFire

It is. You can change everything about the game, make it more arcadey, or a pure sim. Totally up to you.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2007 10:34 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Awesome.

I might pick it up sooner or later.

I love driving sims, only when I'm in the mood though. Got PGR3 for 15 bucks and I played it for awhile, but havent even touched it since.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2007 04:55 AM
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

This game to me is way better than PGR series but just under GT.... the best part is the customizing options and the paint jobs because you could make a personal paint job and sorta make it your signature.

big grin-- Laughing is good happy laughing--

Old Post Jun 9th, 2007 01:25 PM
LinixCobra is currently offline Click here to Send LinixCobra a Private Message Find more posts by LinixCobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote