KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Lex Luthor's role in Lex-Mas reminded me of Anakin's role in "Revenge of the Sith"

Lex Luthor's role in Lex-Mas reminded me of Anakin's role in "Revenge of the Sith"
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Lex Luthor's role in Lex-Mas reminded me of Anakin's role in "Revenge of the Sith"

-How he could've been with Lana if he chose the path to the light side.

-How Lana (his wife) was pregnant and how she died during child-birth.

-How he said that his mother died (and his baby brother) and he couldn't do anything to save them. And he was always mad at himself for that. He always blamed himself as if they died because he couldn't save 'em.

-How Lex couldn't do anything to prevent Lanna from dying because he didn't have the power to do so.

-Jonathan and Clark are both Obi Wan in one and how Lex respected them and admired them like brothers with genuine love.

-Lionel reminded me of the Jedi council particularly Mace Windu. How Lionel prevented and held Lex back from giving him the ability to help Lana, even though Lex had the potential.

-How Lex woke up and said that the only way to prevent pain and to keep the ones you love from dying is to "Have money, and power."

-I think this is the episode where Lex has finally turned to the Dark-side entirely by saying that and by going against Jonathan and Clark the threateningly in the same way Anakin and Obi Wan did. After he looked at them as brothers.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 10th, 2005 02:49 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenal

There's so many references to Lex Luthor moving to the darkside that it's laughable sometimes.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2005 03:02 PM
Arsenal is currently offline Click here to Send Arsenal a Private Message Find more posts by Arsenal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arsenal
There's so many references to Lex Luthor moving to the darkside that it's laughable sometimes.

Yea but this time it wasn't a reference. It's was direct and blatant. He ordered a hit on Jonathan just for political gain. His best friend father. This is where he literally and officially becomes Lex Luther the Criminal Mastermind. Like it's not subtle anymore. Finally.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 10th, 2005 03:23 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazylozer
n00b boy

C'mon, he's not all bad, and I don't think he ever will. Sure, the old lady's prediction implied that he'll become the devil and kill everyone, but that's not going to really happen. Sure he's bad, but not without ample emotional scars and traumatic experiences to justify it.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2005 10:27 PM
crazylozer is currently offline Click here to Send crazylozer a Private Message Find more posts by crazylozer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by crazylozer
C'mon, he's not all bad, and I don't think he ever will. Sure, the old lady's prediction implied that he'll become the devil and kill everyone, but that's not going to really happen. Sure he's bad, but not without ample emotional scars and traumatic experiences to justify it.

FYI Lex Luthor is currently Criminal Master, and one of Earth's biggest threats as Superman's #1 arch nemesis, if you didn't know.

Lex Luthor becomes like the antichrist.

And no one can be justly bad. If your're being bad, you're being unjust.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 10th, 2005 10:47 PM
crazylozer
n00b boy

I said not all bad. Sure, criminal mastermind, will lie, kill and steal, but still has a conscience. Even Darth Vader [SPOILER - highlight to read]: who was Luke's father, repented in the end

Old Post Dec 10th, 2005 11:47 PM
crazylozer is currently offline Click here to Send crazylozer a Private Message Find more posts by crazylozer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

LMFAO that you spoilerized that "HGE" revelation.

And Fist your comparisions are nothing new, they've been all over the net for 2 weeks now.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2005 08:11 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PrettyboyTom
Restricted

Account Restricted

Priestess, what's with your nasty attitude towards the fist of the north star? Firstly, it's a good animated series and secondly, it hasn't written anything nasty towards you. Has it occured to you that perhaps (with the net being the home of several million people across the globe) fist only visits this forum and has no clue about the rest of the net? It would indicate his comparisons 'coincidental' in simularity to the ones that you say have "been all over the net for 2 weeks now.", making him innocent and therefore a victim (aka scared bunny rabbit caught in the headlights of an oncoming truck) at the receiving end of your attack?

User Disclaimer: By reading any post issued to this forum by this user, you adhere to the fact that this user cannot be held responsible for a negative light you may view any of his posts in, as this user isn't responsible for your comprehension abilities or lack of them. Nor is this user responsible for any responses your comprehension may prompt you to give. The user(s) responsible for removing this user from this forum, at any time, because of a comprehension ability (or own culture's collective comprehension) drawing you the wrong conclusion of this user's intent, shall be looked upon as a mega ejit, discriminative of other cultures.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 02:58 AM
PrettyboyTom is currently offline Click here to Send PrettyboyTom a Private Message Find more posts by PrettyboyTom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazylozer
n00b boy

Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
LMFAO that you spoilerized that "HGE" revelation.

So I should probably not spoil the ending of Smallville [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Clark Kent is Superman

All kidding aside though, when exactly do you think Lex started being interested in Lana? Sure, he always seemed to dote on her, but he did have flings with women plus was engaged...

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 03:04 AM
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by PrettyboyTom
Priestess, what's with your nasty attitude towards the fist of the north star? Firstly, it's a good animated series and secondly, it hasn't written anything nasty towards you. Has it occured to you that perhaps (with the net being the home of several million people across the globe) fist only visits this forum and has no clue about the rest of the net? It would indicate his comparisons 'coincidental' in simularity to the ones that you say have "been all over the net for 2 weeks now.", making him innocent and therefore a victim (aka scared bunny rabbit caught in the headlights of an oncoming truck) at the receiving end of your attack?

Hey. Buddy. I don't need yours or anyone else's assistance in defending myself. I don't want it either, never did. I'm perfectly capable of holding my own thank you.

It might've looked like Priestess was throwing a monkey wrench in order to disrupt this thread or the enthusiasm I felt about the topic, but I in no way felt like it was an attack nor did I feel like "a scared bunny rabbit caught in the headlights of an oncoming truck" I've felt her wrath and I've paid for it in the form of being flamed, banned, suspended, threatened to get kicked out permanently and even as of now I'm hanging by my pinky finger off a cliff on this thread for my trying to defend myself. I came to find out that people aren't worth it because I like writing on here more than trying to defend myself and getting booted permanently. lol especially when your on probation.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 05:40 PM
PrettyboyTom
Restricted

Account Restricted

So in other words, Fist, you lay down for her because it keeps your 'KMC Smallville' membership card active? So long as you aren't abusive with how you defend yourself, I don't see why your card shouldn't remain valid for as long as you choose to live in this forum.

There's no need to get your knickers in a twist, I wasn't defending you. I was giving my view on this lil' squabble between you and some other teenager. What it looks like and what it is, I do not care about. I will say what I see and if I see it, I'll say it. Just as you did with how you saw what I said as 'defending you'.

I agree with you that people on the internet aren't "worth it", but you did look like a scared bunny rabbit caught in the headlights of an oncoming truck though, and Priestess was selfishly attacking you.

User Disclaimer: By reading any post issued to this forum by this user, you adhere to the fact that this user cannot be held responsible for a negative light you may view any of his posts in, as this user isn't responsible for your comprehension abilities or lack of them. Nor is this user responsible for any responses your comprehension may prompt you to give. The user(s) responsible for removing this user from this forum, at any time, because of a comprehension ability (or own culture's collective comprehension) drawing you the wrong conclusion of this user's intent, shall be looked upon as a mega ejit, discriminative of other cultures.

Last edited by PrettyboyTom on Dec 14th, 2005 at 02:20 AM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 02:18 AM
PrettyboyTom is currently offline Click here to Send PrettyboyTom a Private Message Find more posts by PrettyboyTom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overNtexas

I hate lex..and Lana they make a great couple. My bad off topic..uh..i agree with crazylozer.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 03:02 AM
overNtexas is currently offline Click here to Send overNtexas a Private Message Find more posts by overNtexas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

*Ahem*. Report her.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 03:07 AM
NinthCorona is currently offline Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overNtexas

Worried

Originally posted by Snoopbert
*Ahem*. Report her.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 03:10 AM
overNtexas is currently offline Click here to Send overNtexas a Private Message Find more posts by overNtexas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Hey. Buddy. I don't need yours or anyone else's assistance in defending myself. I don't want it either, never did. I'm perfectly capable of holding my own thank you.

It might've looked like Priestess was throwing a monkey wrench in order to disrupt this thread or the enthusiasm I felt about the topic, but I in no way felt like it was an attack nor did I feel like "a scared bunny rabbit caught in the headlights of an oncoming truck" I've felt her wrath and I've paid for it in the form of being flamed, banned, suspended, threatened to get kicked out permanently and even as of now I'm hanging by my pinky finger off a cliff on this thread for my trying to defend myself. I came to find out that people aren't worth it because I like writing on here more than trying to defend myself and getting booted permanently. lol especially when your on probation.
So in other words, Fist, you lay down for her because it keeps your 'KMC Smallville' membership card active? So long as you aren't abusive with how you defend yourself, I don't see why your card shouldn't remain valid for as long as you choose to live in this forum.

There's no need to get your knickers in a twist, I wasn't defending you. I was giving my view on this lil' squabble between you and some other teenager. What it looks like and what it is, I do not care about. I will say what I see and if I see it, I'll say it. Just as you did with how you saw what I said as 'defending you'.

I agree with you that people on the internet aren't "worth it", but you did look like a scared bunny rabbit caught in the headlights of an oncoming truck though, and Priestess was selfishly attacking you.
Originally posted by Snoopbert
*Ahem*. Report her.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 03:15 AM
NinthCorona is currently offline Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overNtexas

i agreee why is it so boring???

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 03:19 AM
FistOfThe North

Snoopbert, I don't report. I don't cop-out like that cause it's the easy way.

And Prettyboy, if i get booted from here then hey f*** it, ill find somewhere else on the net to go, as if as if nothing happened.

I never worry.

Sure I like writing on here kinda, but thats why I'm on here. Not for KMC, not for the mods and definitely not for J. Priestess. KMC is just a site I randomly chose out of many to write what I feel on certain topics and all posters are basically text on my screen. That's how I look at it.

And how did I "look scared" by not starting a flame war. Starting problems on here would get me banned permanently, understand. But if I get booted even right now, hey. J. Priestess knows that so do the mods and others (you know who you are) want me outta here. The Mods booted me, but I came back and just started posting up threads like crazy, just doing the exact opposite of what every one expected me to do when I came back, which was to probably to just stay quiet. And it frustrated them and i loved it. I do catch it, I get pm'ed with the craziest BS and I love it. I can't attack directly because cause yea, one more strike and I'm out but I attack indirectly cause I like posting on here, thats it. Not sobbin'. Just had to let it be known, whether you or anyone else who just finished reading this post cares or not, mainly cause I don't care if you or anyone else care or not,..you know?

I'm a loner/rebel on here I know that, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love it.

But I digress..

Another comparison "Lex-Mas" I just though about was how Lex got shot in the beginning of the show by his Ferrari just like Anakins limbs were hacked off and he was unconscious just like Lex was and the fact that, that deformation may have got him upset to the point that somehow it also may have had a bit to do with his lure to the Darkside. Their invulnerability.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 04:54 AM
PrettyboyTom
Restricted

Account Restricted

All posters are text on your screen, you rebel you.

You go on about how much you don't care and THEN contradict yourself by giving reasons why you won't 'step over the line' to make them ban you!? You then ADMIT you're behaving in the opposite way you thought they'd expect you to, indicating to me that you're purposely behaving yourself.. to please them. no expression

Rebels aren't pleasers.

I couldn't give a flying king sized banana if Lex Luthor woke up from his coma fully suited up in a Darth Vader suit at the end of that Lexmas episode. Star Wars sucks - Star Trek is much better. No argument!

Last edited by PrettyboyTom on Dec 14th, 2005 at 05:58 AM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 05:43 AM
FistOfThe North

All posters are text on your screen, you rebel you.

Yea, but some people see anoother human being typing what he thinks in an emotional way. Not to me. To me it's like clockwork.

Let me rephrase it. To me, all posters are paractically bots that offer revelant and irrelevant feedback. I don't see the human. Just plain text. There is no life behind the words. Just letters.

But back to "Lex-Mas" Was Chloe Clarks wife or what?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 05:58 AM
PrettyboyTom
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm a tad slow on the edit, please forgive me

Edit 2.2 v182 (subject to change): Mind you, at least the viewers wouldn't have the shine off lex's head to contend with if he was to do the rest of Smallville in a Darth Vader suit.

Last edited by PrettyboyTom on Dec 14th, 2005 at 06:04 AM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 05:59 AM