KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix

Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix
Started by: InnerRise

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix

This game comes out this week and the console to get it on is most definitely the Wii being that you can actually use the Wiimote as a Wand and wave it around and do the motions to call out specific spells.

Not to mention the graphics are much improved in this latest installment and you can freely roam the world without any load times and many secrets lie in wait to be discovered.

I purchased the First 2 Harry Potter Games and skipped the following 2, but I'll definitely be getting this latest one.

Anata Wa Wakarimasu Ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Last edited by InnerRise on Jun 25th, 2007 at 04:55 AM

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 04:51 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

Ah - Now I remeber why I left.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 05:42 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

im THINKING about getting this on the xbox 360 only cuz its a free roam style game, im not into the wii really, sure you can use it as a wand but ive seen the demonstration and the wingardium spell hand gesture is nothing like what i've seen from the first film so...

we'll see how the review is

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 03:53 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
Ah - Now I remeber why I left.
Too bad you came back.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 07:36 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

is this worth buying or is it just another movie game thats only worth a rent?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2007 02:34 AM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well it's authentic creation of Hogwarts is the best yet and besides the main quest there are many things to do and discover at Hogwarts and you can even go up to other students and engage them in a duel if you want.

The Main Quests could be better. They involve going and finding something and bringing it back to a specific location, but it does contain platforming that requires you to perform magic which seems to be pretty good.

This is suppose to be the best yet of all the Harry Potter games.

The way I see it is, I enjoyed the first 2, and this is supposed to be better, so I'll be getting it tomorrow.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Old Post Jun 30th, 2007 01:20 AM
xNIXSONx

yeah it looks like the best Harry Potter game so far but thats not gonna say much since the other ones were meh lol i guess ill have to give it a rent, i just dont wanna spend any money on titles id regret buying.

or i could just wait for GTA IV, Mass Effect or Stranglehold lol

Old Post Jun 30th, 2007 03:55 PM
General G
Canadian.

I didn't think the graphics were veyr good, I was very disappointed.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2007 09:28 PM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Harry Potter=Meh.....

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2007 09:37 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

yaeh im thinkin just save my money for GTA IV, Mass Effect (looks very promising), Halo 3, Stranglehold and NHL 08 or somethin

Old Post Jul 1st, 2007 12:13 AM
darth_royke

my gf has it, and it looked very boring to start with, but she saids its getting better as you get people in the da. it reminds me of a childs fantasy version of bully/cani canem edit.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2007 09:26 AM
darth_royke is currently offline Click here to Send darth_royke a Private Message Find more posts by darth_royke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

What console did you people get it for?

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 04:54 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

I rented the Wii version. Its alright, walking around Hogwarts is cool, and the detail and art direction of the game are very well done. But its too mundane, everything you do is well...boring, not exciting. Even when you get into a duel, they arnt very well done and look pretty pathetic. The main problem I had though was the lack of camera control. If I'm exploring Hogwarts I want to be able to gaze around and take it in, but you cant and its unfortunate.

All in all it is by far the best Potter game ever made, by a large margin. I'd say its like a 7.5/10. It could have been much better then it was, but it was still pretty good.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 08:13 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
I rented the Wii version. Its alright, walking around Hogwarts is cool, and the detail and art direction of the game are very well done. But its too mundane, everything you do is well...boring, not exciting. Even when you get into a duel, they arnt very well done and look pretty pathetic. The main problem I had though was the lack of camera control. If I'm exploring Hogwarts I want to be able to gaze around and take it in, but you cant and its unfortunate.

All in all it is by far the best Potter game ever made, by a large margin. I'd say its like a 7.5/10. It could have been much better then it was, but it was still pretty good.
Did they Wii Controls add anything to the game? I'm surprised you didn't mention anything about it. Can't be a good sign.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 12:28 AM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I pray to god that the Console Version of this game is nothing like the PC Version b/c I've seen nothing but horrible.....terrible things about the PC Version.

Even though I've purchased this game, I have gotten around to playing it yet, so yeah.

I am hopeful, b/c I've played a bit of a previous Harry Potter PC Game and it was different from it's Console counterpart.

Not to mention that this was only Demo so yeah. I have seen, based on console version reviews, that this is the best of the Harry Potter games so I'm hopeful it's just a PC issue and the fact that it was only demo could mean a lot as well.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 06:56 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Originally posted by InnerRise
Did they Wii Controls add anything to the game? I'm surprised you didn't mention anything about it. Can't be a good sign.

Actually yes, but only for the Winguardian Leviosa (sp?) spell where you get almost 1:1 movement over the thing you are levitating. That is pretty cool. Sadly though all the rest of the spells with the Wiimote are pretty much indifferent to button controls IMO.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 03:58 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh ok. Well how do the actual spells look when they're performed? Do they provide any amount of visual satisfaction if any kind of satisfaction at all?

Duels any good?

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 08:40 PM