KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Anniversary

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Anniversary
Started by: InnerRise

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Anniversary

So at first I could have cared less about this game. Now I actually want it.

They using the Graphics Engine that was used for Tomb Raider Legends and Lara will also be getting some new gadgets and abilities so it's not all exactly the same as the original. It feels almost like a completely different, new game.

It's a remake of the original Tomb Raider Game for those that don't know by the way.

Thoughts?

Anata Wa Wakarimasu Ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 05:37 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R8#@NG!G@

dont know anything about tomb raider and probably never will, and probably will never buy a tomb raider game

Mercedes Benz SLR=Great Car

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 05:40 AM
R8#@NG!G@ is currently offline Click here to Send R8#@NG!G@ a Private Message Find more posts by R8#@NG!G@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanks for that waste of a post then.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 06:45 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I've been interested in this thing i've been sort of a fan of the tomb raider games. The only ones i have'nt played are Chronicles and Legend of the series and i don't know what all the fuss was about angel of darkness all they were doing was trying something different.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 07:17 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

All the FUSS? Over Angel of Darkness?

Have you been smoking pot???

That game sucked....believe me when I say, nobody is fussing over that piece of crap of a game.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 07:34 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Meh...........i enjoyed the game

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 07:39 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

No Kazenji, that is an example of an ACTUALLY bad game. That was a ridiculous excuse and should of never been released. I've enjoyed some average games before, but even I rented Angel Of Darkness: UN.PLAY.ABLE.

Legend was so much better, 1-3 were great at the time, I didn't like Revelation, and Chronicles the gameplay was very old. I can't wait for this game!

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 03:38 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

All I can say is that I hope we get to see Lara's boobies in this one... whistle shifty no expression ninja huh erm rock

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 04:31 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JToTheP
That was a ridiculous excuse and should of never been released.

Well i could see where the developers where going with it i suppose they could've spent a bit more time on it.

quote:

Legend was so much better, 1-3 were great at the time, I didn't like Revelation, and Chronicles the gameplay was very old. I can't wait for this game!

Last Revelation would have to be my fav so far out of the series. i thought the 3rd one was rather hard for the PS1 since you had to collect the save crystals mad one of the worst save systems ever.

Last edited by Kazenji on Apr 6th, 2007 at 09:45 AM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 09:37 AM
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

About as bad as having one save file where you can't save over it.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 03:57 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Which tomb raider was that one ?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 02:34 AM
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

None of them, I was giving an example of the worst possible save system. Games without completion saves, and one save file per memory card are the worst IMO.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 04:48 PM
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

http://www.destructoid.com/lara-cro...wii-31524.phtml

Wii version at the end of 07. I may definately be re-purchasing the game.

Old Post May 15th, 2007 03:58 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Re: Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Anniversary

Originally posted by InnerRise
So at first I could have cared less about this game. Now I actually want it.

They using the Graphics Engine that was used for Tomb Raider Legends and Lara will also be getting some new gadgets and abilities so it's not all exactly the same as the original. It feels almost like a completely different, new game.

It's a remake of the original Tomb Raider Game for those that don't know by the way.

Thoughts?

Anata Wa Wakarimasu Ka.....

Ah I still remember the first one... I gave up at the Midas' Hand stage though XD... I swore I checked everywhere n there was nowhere to go -,- ..

it should be fun to re-experience those classic sequences in revamped graphics cool

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 15th, 2007 04:07 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

It seems like a lazy venture to remake a video game period. I did enjoy legends even thought he story was silly and the gameplay was broken at times, i felt it was a nice effort at re establishing the tomb raider series. The remake however, seems as though it would be a waste of my time seeing how i played it not that many years ago...why not just make an improved installment after legends? Oh, i guess that would take effort.

Old Post May 16th, 2007 02:57 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

The controls have gone all dodgy. I can't quite get to grips with it. The last one, legend, was a disaster in terms of controls.

I like Tomb Raider. Its a great time killer.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post May 16th, 2007 01:02 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

I don't know why everybody is complaining about Legend. The game saved the series, between Last Revelation, Chronicles, and Angel Of Darkness, Tomb Raider was headed into the toilet. I won't go into the movies, but I don't see what made Legend so bad save for the shortness. Legend gave the series the gameplay make over it so badly needed, as well as better controls.

I guess if length is the problem, there's always RPGs, like the beloved Final Fantasy.

Old Post May 16th, 2007 03:40 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by lil bitchiness
The controls have gone all dodgy. I can't quite get to grips with it. The last one, legend, was a disaster in terms of controls.

Legend has bad controls blink

don't know what game you've been playing Legend had perfect controls for me

Oh yea i got Legend recently also and finished it also with it has anyone unlocked the soul reaver for it because i've done the requirements for it

Clear the game and complete all time trials.

any help please ?

Old Post May 20th, 2007 07:18 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Kazenji
Legend has bad controls blink

don't know what game you've been playing Legend had perfect controls for me

Yeah, i agree, aside from the horrid bike sequences I thought the controlls were spot on. I diddnt even have much trouble with the camera in this one. The dumbass story was the downfall of the game for me, but the gameplay made up for that for me, but there was something lacking in the game, it felt a bit empty compared to the other ones, anyone agree?

Old Post May 20th, 2007 08:23 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

It needed more levels for starters it was short compared to the first 3 games.

Old Post May 20th, 2007 09:41 AM