KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » latest Mortal Kombat games

latest Mortal Kombat games
Started by: braz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

latest Mortal Kombat games

There's a problem IMO with all the new MK games, that despite them being 3d, being able to dodge attacks with a circular arena, konquest mode and whatnot, I miss seeing Reptile in his human form. I liked him much more this way, and miss the old MK days, and I wish they would rebirth a modernized human look for Reptile as the green ninja as he was originally portrayed, and with all the other characters to have their original fatalities, and not all these new ones that suck IMO and 'create a fatality', forget that crap. anyone else agree??

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 01:26 AM
braz is currently offline Click here to Send braz a Private Message Find more posts by braz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

No. I loved the CaF feature, and the 3d'ness.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 01:34 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

Well yeah, CAF is okay, and of course I like the 3dness alot more like you do, but I just wish the would bring back all of the original fatalities in Deception and Armageddon.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 01:38 AM
braz is currently offline Click here to Send braz a Private Message Find more posts by braz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I wish they released a remake of MK1 and MK2 in 3d but with 2d gameplay....before all the dial-a-combo trash started

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 03:16 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

3D was awesome aswell. I played Mortal Kombat since MK1 and I have been satisfied with each and every game Midway has gave all the MK fans. When MK went 3D, it was great. My favorite one out of all the MK games had to be MK trilogy, MK gold, and MKA. big grin

I really dont see why all of you have such a hate against the 3D games and start to be such smarks about it. I find it pathetic.

The more you question it, the less you will understand.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 03:22 PM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

MK Armageddon was sweet!

Bankai.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 03:29 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Otus
A come-back maker!

I Like Armageddon, but Kreate-A-Fatality is really crappy, sometimes it just doesn´t work, now matter how many times you input the command, then the opponent is left there standing with arms ripped off... Cool fatality?!? But I like it Armageddon anyway...

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 03:55 PM
Otus is currently offline Click here to Send Otus a Private Message Find more posts by Otus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JacopeX
3D was awesome aswell. I played Mortal Kombat since MK1 and I have been satisfied with each and every game Midway has gave all the MK fans. When MK went 3D, it was great. My favorite one out of all the MK games had to be MK trilogy, MK gold, and MKA. big grin

I really dont see why all of you have such a hate against the 3D games and start to be such smarks about it. I find it pathetic.

I dont hate the new 3d Mortal Kombat games..! lol thats not what I said. I just wish they would make a few adjustments by staying original to the 2d games with Reptile being human mainly and having all the original fatalities for each character which were awesome IMO. other than that, Deception and MKA are amazing.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 05:49 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I've played all the MKs except for Armageddon. I liked them all whether it was the 2d or 3d models.

I will agree though I kind of wish they would have kept some of the people like Reptile closer to the original version instead of turning him into a giant lizard man.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 07:12 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Newjak
I've played all the MKs except for Armageddon. I liked them all whether it was the 2d or 3d models.

I will agree though I kind of wish they would have kept some of the people like Reptile closer to the original version instead of turning him into a giant lizard man.
Yea, well that is how the story follows. I actually like his Lizard form. his human form always makes me think of Scorpion or Sub zero (Ninja outfit).

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 01:42 PM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Originally posted by braz
Well yeah, CAF is okay, and of course I like the 3dness alot more like you do, but I just wish the would bring back all of the original fatalities in Deception and Armageddon.

Too predictable and boring.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 04:30 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

I can forgive all the little minor discrepancies within MK:Armageddon purely for the fact that you get all the characters from all the games under one virtual roof. It's just beautiful. I swear when I first saw that huge 60+ character select screen, I almost cried. Even a two-legged Motaro couldn't ruin that for me.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 04:40 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

Originally posted by DarkC

Not IMO. I actually believe they shouldve had both. wink

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 06:00 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by DarkC

unfortunately thats just about the description for nearly every new MK that has arrived...

I will say that having the different fighting styles is very cool.. but they went about it all wrong.. and its just another excuse to lengthen the dial-a-combos

the best aspects of the new MKs are

-the new character costumes / designs
-the animation
-the stages
-special effects / graphics etc

but other than that it hasn't contributed much to the MK franchise, IMO

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 06:21 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
unfortunately thats just about the description for nearly every new MK that has arrived...

I will say that having the different fighting styles is very cool.. but they went about it all wrong.. and its just another excuse to lengthen the dial-a-combos

the best aspects of the new MKs are

-the new character costumes / designs
-the animation
-the stages
-special effects / graphics etc

but other than that it hasn't contributed much to the MK franchise, IMO
Question: What did you think of MK3?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 08:54 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by JacopeX
Question: What did you think of MK3?

In my opinion... thats when MK went down the toilet

the bad :

-dial-a-combos
-stupid fatalities
-unnecessary comedy from an otherwise gothic / morbid series
-poorly conceived characters for the sake of boosting the roster

the good :

-multi-leveled stages
-nicer sprites / animation / sound etc
-the run feature

I could clearly see they tried to up the ante with the production value.. but it wasn't enough to make me look past the stuff that I disliked about it

MK 2 was just the right amount of awesome, and they had to go and ruin it

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 09:56 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

I agree. MK2 was the best. (waiting for the Wii VC release.....)

Anyways, the 3D games are still good, and I'm waiting for Armageddon to come to Wii (the character roster is...just plain amazing)

But the 3D MK's don't reach the awesomeness of MK1 and MK2.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 05:54 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
-dial-a-combos
-stupid fatalities
-unnecessary comedy from an otherwise gothic / morbid series
-poorly conceived characters for the sake of boosting the roster

I loved MK3 (but then I love every game in the series barring #4, and all those hideous action/adventure spin-offs), but I agree with all of those points. The two most poorly conceived additions to the MK series: Stryker, and ''Babalities''.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 08:37 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

yeah I didnt like

-babality
-animality
-friendships

it sounded cool when the announcer was like *roar!* "animality.."

but... it just didnt fit in.... I guess they felt like they needed it ever since liu kangs dragon transformation.. /shrug

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 09:01 PM
Estacado
Legendary

The new create a fighter thingy in MK Armageddon was uber cool!

Bankai.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 09:46 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote