KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Spectre vs Myx (new edition)

Spectre vs Myx (new edition)
Started by: Mordum

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mordum
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States

Spectre vs Myx (new edition)

To those saying spectre depowered myx during day of vengeance read.

* Though named as the Earth 1 Mister Mxyzptlk, it seems that it was the Earth-Two version of the character who is apparently killed in Adventures of Superman #646 in the Ruin saga, as he looks far closer and acts far kinder to Superman which is inline with the Earth 2 Mister Mxyztplk.

More importantly, this character is specifically depowered because of the effects done to the Earth universe's magick as noted in earlier Justice Society stories which is the source of Mxyztplk powers.

He also uses the known incantation of the reverse form of his name to disappear from the Earth dimension and return to his home dimension which he does after being shot through his chest.

These conditions specifically contradicts the Post-Crisis version Mxyzptlk who only leaves because he agrees to do so, as well as using some undetermined higher dimensional powers which were not effected by magick or physical sciences from the Earth dimension.

Some suggest that this was really the Earth-Two Mister Mxyzptlk simply using his counterpart's name as this happened just before Kal-L returned to the DC universe due to the Infinite Crisis



So who wins?


__________________

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 02:58 AM
Mordum is currently offline Click here to Send Mordum a Private Message Find more posts by Mordum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location: Anti-Forum Elitist. I put Elitist i

Account Restricted

There is only one mxy. As there is only one 5th dimension. It could be an aspect of mxy, like batman is, and the mxy twins. Spectre wins unless Mxy ties him to the cosmos or something crazy like that. Mxy would bop him on the head or do something silly, but he can't really win. Nor can the spectre over ride Mxy's ban on death.


__________________

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 03:01 AM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mordum
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States

People say Spectre depowered myx in the day of venegeance saga but thus making spectre making more powerful. But this wouldnt make sense seeing as how myx does not derive his power from magic it only appears if he does. There seems to be multiple myxs the weaker version who actually uses magic and the omnipotent one who appears more often.


__________________

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 03:07 AM
Mordum is currently offline Click here to Send Mordum a Private Message Find more posts by Mordum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Gender: Male
Location:

Re: Spectre vs Myx (new edition)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mordum
To those saying spectre depowered myx during day of vengeance read.

* Though named as the Earth 1 Mister Mxyzptlk, it seems that it was the Earth-Two version of the character who is apparently killed in Adventures of Superman #646 in the Ruin saga, as he looks far closer and acts far kinder to Superman which is inline with the Earth 2 Mister Mxyztplk.

More importantly, this character is specifically depowered because of the effects done to the Earth universe's magick as noted in earlier Justice Society stories which is the source of Mxyztplk powers.

He also uses the known incantation of the reverse form of his name to disappear from the Earth dimension and return to his home dimension which he does after being shot through his chest.

These conditions specifically contradicts the Post-Crisis version Mxyzptlk who only leaves because he agrees to do so, as well as using some undetermined higher dimensional powers which were not effected by magick or physical sciences from the Earth dimension.

Some suggest that this was really the Earth-Two Mister Mxyzptlk simply using his counterpart's name as this happened just before Kal-L returned to the DC universe due to the Infinite Crisis



So who wins?
Mxy leaves because he wants to, but at the same time, he always says his name to do it, even when he's not duped into doing it. In other appearances he's got the short end of the stick and just said his name to leave. In one occurance, Superman looked at him all pissed off, and he said his name and left. So him doing that isn't contradictory to his character.

None of what happened is really contradictory to Mxy at all.


And his powers being messed up, because of what was done to the Universe's magic? Guess who did that?


__________________


I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 03:08 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Gender: Male
Location: Deep South

Spectre should win this


__________________

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 03:31 AM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Gender: Male
Location: Best company on the planet

myx puts him back in his cage.


__________________

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 03:55 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location: Anti-Forum Elitist. I put Elitist i

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
myx puts him back in his cage.


You don't even know what the cage represented. Rediculous. are you like 10? if you were then maybe i'd be nicer to you becuz i'd understand that you really dont' have that high of a reading comprehention yet.


__________________

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 04:44 AM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Gender: Male
Location: Best company on the planet

quote: (post)
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
You don't even know what the cage represented. Rediculous. are you like 10? if you were then maybe i'd be nicer to you becuz i'd understand that you really dont' have that high of a reading comprehention yet.
mxy has done more impressive things. while spectre loses to amped cap marvel. spectre cant handle ultimate power either. mxy more impressive feats.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 04:46 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location: Anti-Forum Elitist. I put Elitist i

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
mxy has done more impressive things. while spectre loses to amped cap marvel. spectre cant handle ultimate power either. mxy more impressive feats.

Mxy has never had ultimate power. That is one. two, The Spectre was never meant to handle Ultimate power. It has a human host. Humans aren't meant to handle ultimate power. What does that have to do with the power the spectre actually has? Not a damned thing. 3, Mxy has more impressive feats than the LT as well. Do you think he puts the lT in a cage? and one more thing, the spectre had no host when he fought Cm. so dont' be a retard and bring that up again ok.


__________________

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 04:50 AM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Gender: Male
Location: Best company on the planet

quote: (post)
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Mxy has never had ultimate power. That is one. two, The Spectre was never meant to handle Ultimate power. It has a human host. Humans aren't meant to handle ultimate power. What does that have to do with the power the spectre actually has? Not a damned thing. 3, Mxy has more impressive feats than the LT as well. Do you think he puts the lT in a cage? and one more thing, the spectre had no host when he fought Cm. so dont' be a retard and bring that up again ok.
spectre needs a good host to stand a chance. mxy just puts him ina acge. he couldnt put lt in a cage. lt>mxy>spectre. spectre would rather feel more at home fighting batman in a dark alley. leave the big time cosmic stuff to mxy and lt. spectre can be such a putz. he can be powerful to but to compare him to either is just wrong in my opinion.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 06:07 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Gender: Male
Location:

lmao.


__________________


I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 06:45 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Gender: Male
Location:

Mxy wasn't in the DoV.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 07:24 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Gender: Male
Location: Ohio

Mxy was in Superman during DoV running around scared because of The Spectre destroying very powerful magical beings.. Mxy would lose just like the Thunderbolt lost, The Spectre was even blinded and still beat him. The Spectre was only stopped by God himself.


__________________

The Word

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 08:33 AM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Gender: Male
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kevdude
Mxy was in Superman during DoV running around scared because of The Spectre destroying very powerful magical beings.. Mxy would lose just like the Thunderbolt lost, The Spectre was even blinded and still beat him. The Spectre was only stopped by God himself.

Yeah but Mxyzptlk was never in DoV, which issue did Spectre beat him in?

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 10:50 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kutulu
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
There is only one mxy. As there is only one 5th dimension. It could be an aspect of mxy, like batman is , and the mxy twins.


Batman is an aspect of Mxy? eek!

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 12:32 PM
Kutulu is currently offline Click here to Send Kutulu a Private Message Find more posts by Kutulu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location: Anti-Forum Elitist. I put Elitist i

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kutulu
Batman is an aspect of Mxy? eek!


meant Batmite. stick out tongue


__________________

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 01:12 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Gender: Male
Location: Best company on the planet

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Astner
Yeah but Mxyzptlk was never in DoV, which issue did Spectre beat him in?
mxy has been shown more powerful than spectre.

cap marvel crushed him amped up. spectre needs a host or he can be really taken for a fool. spectre needs lots of things to happen to even give mxy a fight. mxy wins this all day.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 02:34 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
norrinradd43
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

If I remember right, Captain Marvel still lost to Specter in that fight


__________________
Who Else wants some of Debo!?!?!?!

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 02:43 PM
norrinradd43 is currently offline Click here to Send norrinradd43 a Private Message Find more posts by norrinradd43 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Gender: Male
Location: Best company on the planet

quote: (post)
Originally posted by norrinradd43
If I remember right, Captain Marvel still lost to Specter in that fight
spectre had to leave becuz he was losing. cap marvel never fought him amped. only reason spectre got away is becuz enchantress went whacky and turned evil. if cap marvell still would have been amped it was a foregone conclusion that spectre was toast. spectre was getting creamed and had to escape and regroup.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 02:45 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline
Junior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom

Mxy wins. Joker with 99 percent of his powerr took control of the Spectre.


__________________
Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.
- General George Patton Jr

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 02:46 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 11:46 PM.
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Spectre vs Myx (new edition)

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.