KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Favourite Games

Best Game Genre IS
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
RPG 5 50.00%
RTS 1 10.00%
FPS 0 0%
Racing 2 20.00%
Platform Game 1 10.00%
Action/Adventure 1 10.00%
Puzzle 0 0%
MMO 0 0%
Simulation 0 0%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Favourite Games
Started by: Remindme

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Favourite Games

I ran a search and was kinda surprised when nothing came up.

Just wondering your absoulte favourite game, or favourite games of each type, because i myselff find it hard to compare say a RTS with a RPG etc. Also what made it your favourite

Puzzle Game
Myst series, one of the few puzzle games i had the pateince to play, plus it was a challenge, and i can't resist that.

Racing Game
Forget your Gran Turismo's and need for speeds, Destruction Derby is by far the best racing game ever released (In my humble opinion) I don't need to explain why to anyone who played it, as for the rest of you, well, the name should say it all.

RTS
Just Finished Warcraft 3, but it just doesn't beat Dungeon Keeper 2. It's an RTS where you build a dungeon by digging out ground, make rooms for your mininos, different rooms attaracte different kinda of minions, kee them happy etc, then you eventually break the walls between you and your enemy and have a nice fight, that is usually pretty amusing because you can posess your minions if you have enough magic. Shame it never was a big name, but was awesome, as you can see from my ramblings

RPG
TCH, hard, Would be FF7, but lately it's been milked a tad too much. I couldn't say another FF over it. Kingdom Hearts was also very good but again, not the best ever. So instead I'm gonna go with The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. Not so much for the story but the gameplay and style. For story In my humble opinion, i can't see anything so much as touchnig FF7. That just blew me away first time

MMO
Yeow, Spilt Tie between 3. Everquest 2 has the best graphics i have ever seeon on a mmorpg. The crafting part of the game is genius. But it suffers on game play compared to others, andthe PvP isn't as good as it could have been.

City of Villains, by far the Best mmorpg for PvP I've played, (thats what i love about mmorpg's) Leveling through the game is easy, and the travel powers make it fun fun fun. To finish off this game i feel has put alot into making the locations and such more realistic, thus it's pleasing to the eyes when your moving about.

World of Warcraft Joined Few weeks ago, I love the freedom, not stuck whille fighting your very free to move at all times.The Mount freature is pretty nifty, aswell as some of the gadgets you can get, like the Shrink Ray. The PvP.......hmmm, the freedom thing makes it very nice, BUT, Blizzard don't have a little thing called Balance that most other mmorpgs have.

Of the 3 City of Villains is my favourite, but WoW is a dark horse in my little race here.

FPS

Unreal Tournament 2004, no competetion in sight

Last edited by EvilAngel on Dec 1st, 2007 at 06:00 AM

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 05:55 AM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

'Cuz you spell favorite that way.

Why aren't fighting games mentioned?! mad

Tekken 5 ftw bidge!

Edit: Favorite RPG: Final Fantasy X

FPS: Halo 3

Action: Ninja Gaiden Sigma (probably Devil May Cry 4 in the future)

Racing game: Don't play too many of those but Burnout. That shit is tight.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Last edited by Wandering Flame on Dec 1st, 2007 at 06:35 AM

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 06:32 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Re: Favourite Games

Puzzle Game
N: the way of the ninja - an original idea thats puzzle and action based..

Racing Game
mario kart ftw!

RTS
does Black and White 2 count as an RTS? if so than that..

RPG
diablo 2 (action rpgs count right??)

MMO
WoW...easily big grin

FPS
star wars battlefront 2...not because of the game itself, but because of the friends ive made playing it, and the good times we had big grin

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 06:41 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

RPG: Tales of the Abyss, for the lovable characters, fun combat, excellent writing, and equally good voice acting and music.

RTS: Not much of an RTS fan, but I did enjoy Galactic Civilizations II. And, if Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings counts, that.

FPS: True FPS, currently Call of Duty 4. With a broader definition, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

Racing: Mario Kart DS, without compare.

Platform: Super Mario Galaxy, naturally. Current best in the genre.

Action/Adventure: Now that's a toughie. Assassin's Creed, the Prince of Persia trilogy, and, of course, Legend of Zelda are prime choices all.

Puzzle: Hmm... Dr. Mario.

MMO: Don't play MMOs. Do not. Play them. Blech.

Simulation: Haven't really played many sim games.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 06:59 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Hmmm...

RPGs - Final Fantasy X. Hands down. My favorite game ever, for that matter.

Puzzle - Dr. Mario. Puzzle Quest is also ridiculously addictive.

FPS - not generally big on these, really...Goldeneye I would say.

Racing - Mario Kart. Any incarnation, really, but 64 will always be my favorite with DS a close second.

RTS - also not something I play very often, though I've certainly had some fun with Civ IV. I will also toss in a vote for FFXII Revenant Wings as it sort of counts, I think.

Action/Adventure - Zelda and Prince of Persia.

MMO - don't play these. Except for Guild Wars on occasion and really, that barely counts IMO.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 07:11 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lana
Final Fantasy X. Hands down. My favorite game ever, for that matter.
You know I'd own you in it if it had online multiplayer.

Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 07:15 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I wouldn't touch the multiplayer part if it had it. FF should stay single player because as neat as it would be, there's no real way to do it multiplayer without ruining it.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 07:17 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

You mean like the story/concept of it?

I'd still beat you though.

Blitz Ace ftw.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 07:19 AM
MadMel
Heh

you would bow down to the might of lana and you know it inside erm

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 08:31 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MadMel

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 08:52 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

To many games to say.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 11:18 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

Puzzle Game
Myst series, one of the few puzzle games i had the pateince to play, plus it was a challenge, and i can't resist that.

Racing Game
All Burnout Games

RPG
KH2

MMO
World of Warcraft

FPS
Halo 3

Fighting Game
Tekken 5

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 03:46 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

i cant put my finger on a faverite for most, although ill have a go

Puzzle Game
does soul reaver count, that has some puzzles stick out tongue

Racing Game
.... sick sick sick

RTS

Action/Adventure
God of War 1 and 2 as well as the sands of time series are the best, although i did enjoy shadow of colossus, short but i enjoyed it

RPG
you would prob think i would say Legacy of kain, and possibly in story i would and the games are long and for the first play or two through their prob the best imho, but after that they slow down, wheras Diablo games, their classic and even now ime playing Diablo 2, so it has to be that.

MMO
Not played anything other than WoW in this section and early on its a blast, but eventually after the 100th lvl 60/70 run, the 100th raid, the 100th guid youve had to quit because its now full of annoying people it starts to get slow and i enjoy it less, but i feel the amount of stuff you can do before it gets old are in huge amount.

FPS
Crysis in the future i think will be a cool one, Unreal tournement 3 also, but i agree at the moment for multi UT 2004 is nice and for single player i quite enjoy FEAR. Would like to get COH 4, but not got it yet

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 04:16 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hidden Lotus
Jetta FTW

well id rather not categorize them XD
Sly Cooper Series
Ratchet and Clank Series
God of war 1 and 2
Need for Speed Games

Thanks to tylerTOXICITY for the sig

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 06:37 PM
Hidden Lotus is currently offline Click here to Send Hidden Lotus a Private Message Find more posts by Hidden Lotus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Role Playing Game: "POKEMON RED, BLUE, & YELLOW" /"Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2"

First Person Shooter Game: "Team Fortress 2"

Racing Game: "Mario Kart DS"

Platform Game: "Super Mario World"

Action/Adventure Game: "Indigo Prophecy"/"Prince of Persia Trilogy"/"God of War I & II"/"Shadow of The Colossus"

Puzzle Game: "Tomb Raider"

Massively Multiplayer Online Game: Nunya

Simulation Game: "The Sims 2"

Fighting Game: "Tekken 3"

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Last edited by InnerRise on Dec 1st, 2007 at 07:50 PM

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 07:37 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MadMel
Please..I have every character mastered the sphere grid and every ultimate weapon, surpassed damage and health limits, triple overdrive and maxed out Aeons...I would wtfpwn any FFX owning KMC member. erm

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 07:43 PM
Morridini
Morridini

RPG
Pokémon Silver, after having played through Blue.

RTS
Red Alert 2

FPS James Bond: GoldenEye, like if any other games comes withing lightyears of this one.

Racing
Mario Kart DD

Platform Game
Super Marip Bros 3/Super Mario World

Action/Adventure
Metroid Prime

Puzzle
Tetris count?

MMO
World of Warcraft (so far, let's see how Age of Conan does)

Fighting Game
Soul Calibur 2

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 07:46 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Just so many.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 08:11 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sado-sama
Please..I have every character mastered the sphere grid and every ultimate weapon, surpassed damage and health limits, triple overdrive and maxed out Aeons...I would wtfpwn any FFX owning KMC member. erm

Is that all you've done?

Negro please I'm twice the man you are. Id' destroy you.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 08:53 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I destroy all.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 08:55 PM