KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Jet Li/ Jackie Chan Movie

Jet Li/ Jackie Chan Movie
Started by: lordofwar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lordofwar

Jet Li/ Jackie Chan Movie

On Jet Li's website it says he is currently in talks with Jackie Chan about making a film together. He states that he and Jackie were going to do one in 94 in HK, but it never happened. He says he and Jackie are good friends and that they both want to do a movie together.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 10:18 AM
lordofwar is currently offline Click here to Send lordofwar a Private Message Find more posts by lordofwar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

http://jetli.com/jet/index.php?s=wo...mp;p=jackiechan

^That's probably what you are speaking of.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 12:24 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thought Jet Li isn't going to make any more films... he apparently said the film he is making now/just made is the last one.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 03:54 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordofwar

Jet's young enough but Jackie's getting a bit old.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 03:25 AM
lordofwar is currently offline Click here to Send lordofwar a Private Message Find more posts by lordofwar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

I thought Jackie Chan had retired from action movies...

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 03:46 AM
DeVi| D0do is currently offline Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I thought Jet Li wanted to be respected as an actor with movies like Unleashed and get out of the kung fu movies.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 03:59 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

laughing out loud

This thread cracks me up... I scrolled down, expecting to here some news about the possible film and all the posts are just people saying: "I thought..."

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 04:05 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

tony jaa their collective ass anyway

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 05:58 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jet Li's big film at the moment is Fearless, Jackie Chan's is The Myth(nothing special imo) which came out some time ago and going to be working on Project BB, and the Rush Hour 3. As for Tony Ja, we still need to get Tom Yum Goong in most places around the world, The Body Guard 2 and Sword.

So quite some things to look forwards to.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 07:19 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I wouldn't dismiss Jackie just for being old. He is no teenage kid of course. But still has that energy to film a few stunts. And having Jet Li would be great. Now...get me John Woo as a director and we're in for blockbuster action flick.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 12:42 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
get me John Woo as a director and we're in for blockbuster action flick.

I never cared for John Woo. His action flicks just seem to be pure eye candy, and lack in good story and dialogue. Usually the only thing that brings out his movies are one good actor. I.e. John Travolta/Broken Arrow, Nick Cage/WindTalkers, Tom Cruise/M:I:2.

I'm Anxious to see what he does with 'Metroid' and 'He-man'.

Afterall, He is working on 6 2006 projects.

Last edited by Dusty on Jan 10th, 2006 at 12:50 AM

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 12:45 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

But on the positive side John Woo delivers entertaining and at times comedic factors to his films. Rather unfortunate that he has overdone it especially since he started doing films for big studios. The way I see is if an action film keeps you interested it works! No need for good story or even great dialogue. As long as the action flick keeps you wanting more then is all good.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 12:59 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

But on the positive side John Woo delivers entertaining and at times comedic factors to his films. Rather unfortunate that he has overdone it especially since he started doing films for big studios. The way I see is if an action film keeps you interested it works! No need for good story or even great dialogue. As long as the action flick keeps you wanting more then is all good.

Good Point. But I didn't find 'Broken Arrow' anything like you described. Did you?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 01:06 AM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

No...not at all. I think a better description would be Hard Boiled. Hong Kong Police action movies are always fun. wink

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 01:08 AM
Dusty

No...not at all. I think a better description would be Hard Boiled. Hong Kong Police action movies are always fun. wink

Rush Hour 2 laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 01:09 AM
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
laughing out loud

This thread cracks me up... I scrolled down, expecting to here some news about the possible film and all the posts are just people saying: "I thought..."

I laughed too, that's why I began my post the way I did.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 02:08 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Striding Cloud

lol yea

One Missed Call!

Thnx Malk! big grin

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 02:42 AM
Striding Cloud is currently offline Click here to Send Striding Cloud a Private Message Find more posts by Striding Cloud Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Striding Cloud

Originally posted by Wolfie
I laughed too, that's why I began my post the way I did.

One Missed Call!

Thnx Malk! big grin

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 02:43 AM
Striding Cloud is currently offline Click here to Send Striding Cloud a Private Message Find more posts by Striding Cloud Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
I never cared for John Woo. His action flicks just seem to be pure eye candy, and lack in good story and dialogue. Usually the only thing that brings out his movies are one good actor. I.e. John Travolta/Broken Arrow, Nick Cage/WindTalkers, Tom Cruise/M:I:2.

Have you seen any of his Non American films?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 06:46 PM
Dusty

Originally posted by MildPossession
Have you seen any of his Non American films?

I bought 'A better tommorow' and 'A better tommorow II' 2 Disc set in a 5 dollar bin. They were slightly above average movies IMO.

Last edited by Dusty on Jan 10th, 2006 at 09:30 PM

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 09:27 PM