KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Ryu vs Ryo Sakazaki and Robert Garcia

Ryu vs Ryo Sakazaki and Robert Garcia
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Ryu vs Ryo Sakazaki and Robert Garcia

(continued after the Ryu vs Kim thread...)

Ryu's autobiography, Reflections in a Dragon's Eye, continues to be a must-read for die-hard fighting fans.

However, in Southtown, Ryo Sakazaki and Robert Garcia are jealous of the attention that Ryu's book was getting, mainly because Ryu's memoirs had knocked their book, The Tao of Kyokugenryu, to dead last in sales.

They both find out that Ryu is going to be in San Francisco visiting Ken Masters, who was in a training accident, ending up with a torn ligament.

They find Ryu at a fighter-exclusive sports rehab clinic, training Ken. They both challenge Ryu to a 2-on-1 King of Fighters match.

Robert fights first, then Ryo. Should Ryu win his first match, then he starts off the second round 100%.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 10:30 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

ummm how is this different that Ryu versus Ryo or Ryu versus Robert, if he can start at 100% after each match? It's already been argued that Ryu can beat both of them one on one.

Shut up! It's Daddy, you shithead! Where's my bourbon?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 11:00 PM
2D_MASTER is currently offline Click here to Send 2D_MASTER a Private Message Find more posts by 2D_MASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

He manages to beat both.

In fact once he beats Robert he will have an upperhand against Ryu because he will know Ryo's style.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 01:44 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
He manages to beat both.

In fact once he beats Robert he will have an upperhand against Ryu because he will know Ryo's style.

Not exactly. According to SNK canon, Kyokugenryu Karate has five levels of study: Kou-Ou (Tiger), Ryugeki (Dragon), Raiou (Lightning Sparkle), Hienshippu (Flying Gale) and Shoran (Flying Knee), whereas Ansatsuken only has two.

Ryo's style of Kyokugen is the Kou-Ou level, which is the standard style of Kyokugenryu. The movesets are based upon the traditional aspects of Shotokan Karate with some Bushido Tie-Ins.

Robert's style is the Ryugeki level, which incorporates fancy footwork, like Ken's Ansatsuken style. While this form is easier to master than the Kou-Ou form, it is not as versatile of a form as Ryugeki has some known imbalances which exist.

Also, as for the other styles...

Yuri uses the Raiou level of Kyokugen, which is the basic study of the style. It focuses more on defense rather than offense since it also encourages personal instinct to be used. All Kyokugenryu practitioners must pass the Raiou moveset in order to advance to more difficult forms.

Marco Rodriguez (Khusnood Butt) uses the Hienshippu study, which is in some elements, a combination of the first two levels of study.

Takuma (Mr. Karate) is the master of the Shoran level, which is the most advanced of Kyokugenryu. Only the most serious and most disciplined are capable of handling this principle. This principle includes the hardest technique to master, called the Shoran Kyaku and up to date, Takuma is the master of the Shoran style.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 02:23 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

With my previous statement proven wrong I still think Ryu will beat them both.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 02:38 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Cap'n

The Kyokugens will put up a tough fight, pushing Ryu to his limits, but still the Ansatsuken practitioner will somehow beat Ryo and Robert.

KMC's Favorite Double-Agent.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 03:01 AM
The Cap'n is currently offline Click here to Send The Cap'n a Private Message Find more posts by The Cap'n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Ansatsuken has Four: Shoryu, Hadou, Tatsumaki, and the Shun-Gouku-Satsu

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 03:05 AM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

he beats Robert, yes, but he's going down against Ryo. stop the hate people. Robert is about as good as Ryo, if not as good.

its like SF2 Bison taking on Ken and Ryu. he may be stronger than both of them, but if he's fighitng them one and then the other, he's going to go down since he'll be worn out after his fight with Ken while ryu will be fresh and is slightly better than Ken.

The Ansatsuken warriro goes down.

~Sado

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 08:00 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sado22
he beats Robert, yes, but he's going down against Ryo. stop the hate people. Robert is about as good as Ryo, if not as good.

its like SF2 Bison taking on Ken and Ryu. he may be stronger than both of them, but if he's fighitng them one and then the other, he's going to go down since he'll be worn out after his fight with Ken while ryu will be fresh and is slightly better than Ken.

The Ansatsuken warriro goes down.

~Sado

But he said if RYu beats one, he starts on the other at 100%...

Shut up! It's Daddy, you shithead! Where's my bourbon?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 02:04 PM
2D_MASTER is currently offline Click here to Send 2D_MASTER a Private Message Find more posts by 2D_MASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

oh...Ryu still goes down. Ryo rocks. mad

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 04:14 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Yeah, I'm not sure what the point of the 100% thing was.

Ryu could take both.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 04:23 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Ditto. Ryu beats them. Kyokugenryu is a disgrace. They claim to have the strongest stlye but never prove it. Ryo(in his much vaunted Mr. Karate form) gets his ass kicked by lil' girls doing cat cosplay. He ain't nothin' but a punk bit*h

Last edited by I-Drop on Jul 25th, 2007 at 05:59 PM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 05:46 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

laughing

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 06:12 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HonkyTonkMan

The battle between the fighters would be intense, Ryo and Robert would be caught of guard not actually realising just how good Ryu is until it's too late in the battle.

Robert is quicker than Ryu but doesn't pack the same punch. I think Ryu beats Robert by taking a blow and delivering a more devastating blow back leaving Robert dazed and confused for the next week.

Ryo becomes upset over the defeat of his friend to this 'stranger' and comes in fists flying. The two go blow for blow for a while and Ryo becomes upset over the fighters equal if not better skill. Realising fists alone won't take him down, Ryo challenges Ryu to his 'Hao Shokou Ken' versus Ryus 'Shinkuu Hadouken'. The two release their mighty attacks and as the time goes on Ryo eventually breaks under the stress and is almost killed if not for Ryu withdrawing the Hadou leaving Ryo speechless.

CHUCK NORRIS CAN ROUND HOUSE KICK WITH HIS HANDS.
CHUCK NORRIS HAS A BEARD MADE OF FIRE.
CHUCK NORRIS MADE THE EARTH ROUND.
CHUCK NORRIS INVENTED WOOD.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 09:08 AM
HonkyTonkMan is currently offline Click here to Send HonkyTonkMan a Private Message Find more posts by HonkyTonkMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NASA
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ryu goes down to Ryo but beats Robert

Last night, me & my son Shane proved that who ever it was that said you cannot fool all of the people, all of the time - WAS A DAMN FOOL! - Vinnie Mac

Old Post Nov 10th, 2007 04:49 PM
NASA is currently offline Click here to Send NASA a Private Message Find more posts by NASA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Wow alot of people say that Ryu beats both...now is that overration or what?

Old Post Nov 10th, 2007 08:01 PM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Not really. You have read the 1st post right?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2007 07:54 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Originally posted by brainchild81
Not really. You have read the 1st post right?

Yeah seams kind of shitty now that I think about it. Should of made it Ryu fights both at the same time.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2007 11:22 PM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

laughing Why is that? Rolling on someone that's not uberpowerful is a bit*h move.

Last edited by I-Drop on Nov 13th, 2007 at 01:23 AM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 01:19 AM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

ryo beats ryu.
funny how everyone is saying that ryu will beat robert and will know how to deal with ryo........................did it occur to you people that ryo would be ALSO able to do the same as he watches ryu fight robert.
shamefully biased.

"ichigekihissatsu" and ryu goes flying back to japan.

~Sado, the Kyokugenryu expert mad

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 05:37 AM