KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Ryu Hayabusa vs Cloud

Ryu Hayabusa vs Cloud
Started by: Gumachi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gumachi

Ryu Hayabusa vs Cloud

Topic.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 09:49 PM
Gumachi is currently offline Click here to Send Gumachi a Private Message Find more posts by Gumachi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Ryu with ease. Cloud's got nothing, worst he ever fought was Sephiroth.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 09:50 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Hayabusa, but it would be the fight of a life time for both characters.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 10:10 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by I am who I am
Hayabusa, but it would be the fight of a life time for both characters.
..How? Cloud's got nothing on Ryu. He's slower, weaker, less durable, and he has to be allowed to live long enough to start whining if he wants to use omnislash, which is featless. We only know it kills Sephiroth, everytime. And Seph seems to just walk into them. laughing

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 10:16 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

How is Cloud slower or weaker? I give Hayabusa the durability, but that's the only thing he obviously exceeds Cloud in. I don't think Haybusa is gonna stomp Cloud at all.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 10:35 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kirikaze Fuuma
Kaze no Soldier

Ryu may be cut a battle airship, but cloud cut a building. Cloud also taken a giant fireball that much stronger than the one who destroyed some part of the city and he passed through it WITHOUT DAMAGE.

Ryu is faster. agreed. but remember that Cloud already fought someone faster than him (Loz) and he stand toe to toeith him.

Cloud wins.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 11:54 PM
Kirikaze Fuuma is online now! Click here to Send Kirikaze Fuuma a Private Message Find more posts by Kirikaze Fuuma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Kirikaze Fuuma
Ryu may be cut a battle airship, but cloud cut a building. Cloud also taken a giant fireball that much stronger than the one who destroyed some part of the city and he passed through it WITHOUT DAMAGE.

Ryu is faster. agreed. but remember that Cloud already fought someone faster than him (Loz) and he stand toe to toeith him.

Cloud wins.

Advent Children feats do not count here from what I understand.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 11:55 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kirikaze Fuuma
Kaze no Soldier

so that's why he always lose whenever I visit a thread which involved him. laughing

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 12:00 AM
Kirikaze Fuuma is online now! Click here to Send Kirikaze Fuuma a Private Message Find more posts by Kirikaze Fuuma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
..How? Cloud's got nothing on Ryu. He's slower, weaker, less durable, and he has to be allowed to live long enough to start whining if he wants to use omnislash, which is featless. We only know it kills Sephiroth, everytime. And Seph seems to just walk into them. laughing
No.

Slower, yeah.

Weaker? Hahahaha no. Cloud swings a giant sword with ease and cuts it through stone and steel. The Dragon Sword does the cutting for Ryu.

Less durable? Maybe, Ryu did not directly take that blast from Vazdah however.

He wins though.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 12:35 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I could argue Cloud's sword does the cutting for him, =P Tbh, given it's size it should haul him with it whenever he swings the thing. Also, I don't think the OP allows for movie feats, without AC Cloud's pretty much bottom tier.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 12:38 AM
NemeBro

Cloud cut that section of building while swinging upward, that would make it more difficult to cut.

I don't much care, AC is canon, so it should be allowed in arguments.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 12:39 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Without it, Cloud gets roflstomped, with it, he does a bit better, but still loses, so it's moot, really.

And I think canon should be restricted to the same medium, a limitless medium like a CGI movie allows for much more rediculousness in the way off effects, and freedom to have the charascter do whatever they want, besides which point you can't argue "gameplay" against things that occur in a movie. It's really a huge boon to a character to allow movies in a debate.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 12:42 AM
NemeBro

Without it, Cloud gets roflstomped, with it, he does a bit better, but still loses, so it's moot, really.

And I think canon should be restricted to the same medium, a limitless medium like a CGI movie allows for much more rediculousness in the way off effects, and freedom to have the charascter do whatever they want, besides which point you can't argue "gameplay" against things that occur in a movie. It's really a huge boon to a character to allow movies in a debate.
If the creators intended him to be able to do that, he can, period.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 12:53 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

But flawed, because they can't do that so simply with games. Besides, movies, particularly anime-ish ones are prone to ridiculous embelishment in what I call the "DBZ effect.". The fact remains, regardless of anything, Movies are simply not under the hindrances games are.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 12:56 AM
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

I can see Cloud fighting through the things Ryu did in NG2 and I see Ryu going through FF7. Its honestly a close call. The thing about Vs threads ppl argue about the people the LIKE the most. Maybe 20% argue through skill of each person. Without Items but each at their best I say Ryu wins. His Ninpo would be hard to dodge since it tracks and Ryu was trained in the way of ninja so his fighting skills would outmatch that of cloud. Im not saying one is more powerful then the other I just think ryu has more and better Training then cloud does. Im also not saying Ryu would get out unscathed. It would be a good fight but Ryu would win IN MY OWN OPINION.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 01:03 AM
Scarlet Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

But flawed, because they can't do that so simply with games. Besides, movies, particularly anime-ish ones are prone to ridiculous embelishment in what I call the "DBZ effect.". The fact remains, regardless of anything, Movies are simply not under the hindrances games are.
Wrong-o, games are quite capable of showing ridiculous feats.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 01:08 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Not in the same way, because games are played =P Games have limited space, limits on what's feasible to code, limits on what's plot related, and rarely have the time between plot advancement to let the character show off.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 01:09 AM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Not in the same way, because games are played =P Games have limited space, limits on what's feasible to code, limits on what's plot related, and rarely have the time between plot advancement to let the character show off.
that and game developers being cheap with cutscene won't show feats in storyline

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 01:12 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Movies don't have plots now? Feats can very easily be fit into the plot.

And if what you say is true, why is it that games like Darkstalkers have shown shit like mass soul eating and planet warping on the NES, and shit like that?

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 01:12 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Bec0z, such things are -essential- to the plot.

Edit: I'm talking about things in games that are handled either by gameplay, or just not included because it's a pain to code. Movies are a limitless medium, games are not.

Last edited by ScreamPaste on Mar 29th, 2009 at 01:45 AM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 01:42 AM