KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Akira Yuki vs Ryu Hoshi

Akira Yuki vs Ryu Hoshi
Started by: NASA

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NASA
Restricted

Account Restricted

Akira Yuki vs Ryu Hoshi

Akira Yuki vs Ryu Hoshi

No special moves/projectiles for Ryu

Last night, me & my son Shane proved that who ever it was that said you cannot fool all of the people, all of the time - WAS A DAMN FOOL! - Vinnie Mac

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 07:34 PM
NASA is currently offline Click here to Send NASA a Private Message Find more posts by NASA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Ryu still wins this...he has better feats.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 08:35 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Cap'n

Ryu don't need now Hadouken and the like to beat this guy.

KMC's Favorite Double-Agent.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 08:58 PM
The Cap'n is currently offline Click here to Send The Cap'n a Private Message Find more posts by The Cap'n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

If Ryu did have his powers, I would have said him but if he's without them, then I'd say Akira got this. Coming from a realistic fighting game series like VF, Akira seems to have the most techniques of the two.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 03:46 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

B..b-but Ryu is superhuman.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 04:09 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
If Ryu did have his powers, I would have said him but if he's without them, then I'd say Akira got this. Coming from a realistic fighting game series like VF, Akira seems to have the most techniques of the two.

DISRESPECTUL!
how dare you say ryu doesn't have enough moves?! mad

ryu has...........COUNT YOU FANBOY...................three moves! THREE MOVES! THREE MOVES YOU IDIOT! did you get that yet?! THREE MOVES! THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! mad

~Sado

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 09:41 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

Actually, Ryu's got 7 moves, yo.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 04:59 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NASA
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SmashBro

I agree with you dude 100%

Last night, me & my son Shane proved that who ever it was that said you cannot fool all of the people, all of the time - WAS A DAMN FOOL! - Vinnie Mac

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 06:24 PM
NASA is currently offline Click here to Send NASA a Private Message Find more posts by NASA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by King Hellstorm
Laughable compared to most Tekken fighters' 120 or so different moves.

Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 07:19 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Csdabest

You do realize that most of those 120 moves consist of nothing but combo's right? Just named combo's

Be smart, and use corrective grammar, so you don;t sound like a complete jackass."

In the Great words of Shao Khaun
"YOU HAVE FAAAIIILLLLED!!!!!!!!"

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 07:22 PM
Csdabest is currently offline Click here to Send Csdabest a Private Message Find more posts by Csdabest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Csdabest

Also is M.U.G.E.N. canon? @_@

Be smart, and use corrective grammar, so you don;t sound like a complete jackass."

In the Great words of Shao Khaun
"YOU HAVE FAAAIIILLLLED!!!!!!!!"

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 07:23 PM
Csdabest is currently offline Click here to Send Csdabest a Private Message Find more posts by Csdabest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

Originally posted by Wandering Flame
Laughable compared to most Tekken fighters' 120 or so different moves.
But they suck, though.
Originally posted by Csdabest
You do realize that most of those 120 moves consist of nothing but combo's right? Just named combo's
Exactly

-Anakaris-

Last edited by No End N Site on Dec 10th, 2007 at 08:32 PM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 08:29 PM
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by Sado22
DISRESPECTUL!
how dare you say ryu doesn't have enough moves?! mad

ryu has...........COUNT YOU FANBOY...................three moves! THREE MOVES! THREE MOVES YOU IDIOT! did you get that yet?! THREE MOVES! THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! mad

~Sado

I didn't say anything about "powers" (heck, Akira has NO powers). I'm saying hand-to-hand combat techniques. You see that more in games like Virtua Fighter or Tekken than you see in games like Street Fighter, since they're more fireball-based games.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 03:43 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Um, no, they don't "suck". Otherwise Ryu's Tetsumaki sempuu kyaku (sp)? would suck, at the very least.

And on the contrary, Jin is one of the few characters who's moves consists mainly of one-hitters.

And whether or not Mugen is canon? Lmfao. I couldn't resist giggling at that question.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 04:54 AM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:

i'll smack kazuya's movelist in your face, foo! heck kazuya has more THROWS than ryu has moves.

quote:

i'm talking regular moves.
hadouken
tatsumakisenpuukyaku
shoryuken

and...? joudan sakoutou geri? don't make me laugh.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 07:29 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

i'll smack kazuya's movelist in your face, foo! heck kazuya has more THROWS than ryu has moves.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 07:33 AM
No End N Site

Um, no, they don't "suck". Otherwise Ryu's Tetsumaki sempuu kyaku (sp)? would suck, at the very least.
Yeah right...

And on the contrary, Jin is one of the few characters who's moves consists mainly of one-hitters.
Still...they're just regular punches and kicks though, nothin super human bout them at all...they suck.
i'm talking regular moves.
hadouken
tatsumakisenpuukyaku
shoryuken
You for got the Aerial Tatsumakisenpuukyaku, the Shakenatsu Hadouken, and the fake Hadouken AND if you wanna get real technical...the Sakoutsu Wari which will add up to 8 and not 7.

joudan sakoutou geri? don't make me laugh.
Rather you think it's good or not is absolutely, to the max...irrelevant.

It's still a special move and it's actually is VERY useful and damaging...it can lead to instant kill combos actually, yo.

-Anakaris-

Last edited by No End N Site on Dec 11th, 2007 at 04:21 PM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 04:12 PM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
You for got the Aerial Tatsumakisenpuukyaku, the Shakenatsu Hadouken, and the fake Hadouken AND if you wanna get real technical...the Sakoutsu Wari which will add up to 8 and not 7.

that there is your bias. you go on calling a flame hadouken a move but refuse to acknowledge the tekken characters' moves on the count that they (according to you) are part of a chain move...whcih is retarded, cuz:
-they are not all like that
-it depends totally from character to character

so we're back at square one: Kazuya has over 60 moves. ryu has 8. it's still around 8 times more than ryu's.

and if i go by your logic, than kazuya has even more moves than that since you can alternate so many of his moves to just one hit (like dragon uppercut where we don't do the follow up) or we can enhance the move (glorious demongod fist to soul annihilator). they become different moves altogether and i didn't count those.

so no.

~Sado

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 04:33 AM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Haha @ but they're superhuman and Jin's isn't so they suck. If I get bored from playing Hi-res mugen I may bother to profile that.

King Hellstorm is an awesome guy. big grin

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 06:38 AM
Bro SMASH

B..b-but Ryu is superhuman.

Actually, Ryu is pretty normal. He may have the fireballs, the shin shoryuken (which IS very strong) and dark hadou but he doesn't have super strength or super speed or something. He's on regular human level in those areas.

Last edited by Bro SMASH on Dec 12th, 2007 at 06:55 AM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 06:46 AM