KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Kratos vs Guts

Kratos vs Guts
Started by: Sado22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kratos vs Guts

The badass berserker man of the anime/manga Berserk takes on the rage consumed spartan, god of war.
Guts in his life has shown the capablity of defeating, one-on-one giant ogres, legions of demons, legions of trolls, a whole army of human beings, annihilated a platoon of demons, defeated a demongod..........all while being a regular human being...albeit a humanbeing with almost inextinguishable survivor instincts. Guts is stronger than your average human due to his size (more than six foot) and the fact taht he has been a mercenary since he was 9 years old. he also has an undying anguish in him that presses him on for vengeance. He has amazing stamina, has weapons like the throwing knives, repeating corssbow, minature bombs, a knife and the hidden canon that has saved his life on many occassions. his main weapon though is the massive 6foot zweihander he weilds with great speed and skill, powerful enough to cut through anything and after 3 years of fighitng monsters, it blade has become specialized in dealing with demons and the undead. it has its own evil aura thanks to all the butchery Guts has done with. when facing a legion of trolls in their den, Guts was literally whistling while chopping away at them and by the time it was done he was standing over a mountain of smashed limbs and heads.

Kratos, as we all know, is the rage consumed Ghost of sparta, defeating (rather overpowering) ogres, cyclops, zombies, madusas, sirens, taking on legions of undeads. He is A LOT stronger than an average human being, going so far as to overpower a collosus and a hydra and other greek monsters. he even defeated Cerebrus by ripping all three of its heads clean off. A real psycho. his main weapon is the twin blades with the chains attached that make it easier for him to produce long ranged attacks. Capable of ripping people in half with his great strenght (no kidding), overpowering minotaurs and giant rhinos, and various weapons, KRatos is almost unstoppable.

So who wins between the two. Guts and his zwheihander or Kratos and his blades of Ares. Who will it be The Berserker God of NEver ending anguish or the Ghost of Sparta.

~Sado

Old Post May 14th, 2007 10:42 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

whats Guts endurance like? it seems he has attack abilities to rival Kratos but what can he withstand? also waht form is this, God kratos?

Old Post May 14th, 2007 02:24 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kratos version is the one like how he is in God of War1. you know the normal one (if you call that freak of nature normal anyway).

Guts is a regular human being. he isn't enhanced in any way (also I'm not using the Berserker Armor version of him where he is immune to the feeling of pain the cursed armor he wears will even fix any bone that will break). For a regular human being Guts' stamina and endurance is commendable to say the least. For instance:
-he fought a giant 3 story demon that smashed him with a WHOLE TREE a couple of times! guts eventually won the fight!
-at the event called the Eclipse guts took on thousands and thousands of giant demons with a broken knife....and this was right after a battle in which he had to be stitched up and had broken (cracked) some of his bones and had suffered from internal injuries. guts (age 19) wasn't winning but he was putting up a fight. he lost his right eye in this fight and..
-he cut off his own left forearm to free himself from a demon. Guts tried to cut the monsters mouth but the sword broke. instead guts continuously hit his own forearm with the broken blade till his forearm was cut in half.
-(age 21)as a demonhunter, he was repeatedly smashed with the tail of a giant serpeant but still managed to not only walk but kicked the demon's ass
-(age 20) he was smashed through giant pillar by a giant demon repeatedly. He would simply get up and say one of his coolest lines "hah! broke my fingers, dislocated by arm, broken ribs, internal bleeded and my mind is blanking out..........nothing I can't handle!"smile he then proceeds to kill it.
-(age 21) he fought a flying demon who took him with her really, really high in the air. he fell down and got right back up to fight.....and this was right after fighting his way in a forest infested with giant insects, and was burnt by a huge fire. oh, and guts would finally kill her off only to face an army of human beings....and almost won.
-(age 22) he was electricuted thrice by a demon that was made up of a thunder cloud. He got right back up and lunged at it....to get electricuted till his facial skin peeled off but still swung his zweihander and defeated it......and all this was after fighitng off a wave of demon soldiers and being rammed by a 10foot flying minotaur.
-same age, he purposely let himself be smashed through a castle by an ogre just so he could get close enough to kill it.
-guts fought his way up a castle full of guards, then took on a wave of demon fighters, was in the tower when it collapsed, got back up started fighting more demons, fought a really strong demon who had armor skin, defeated it, fought more demons, and was in the rubble when the whole place caved in, (by now it was day), got back up and fought a legion of human soldiers, took his girlfriend and fought his way through the army.
-please not that at the age of 22, Guts got the armor called the berserk armor. prior to this he wore a regular armor (which really didn't help much). With the berserk armor, the user goes berserk and feels no pain. if a bone is broken, the shards inside the armor spike the body and literally impale the bone and support it. after a fight with a giant, when a critically wounded guts wore it for the first time, he broke his ribs, his leg and his arm bones. the armor spikes peirced his body and locked all these bones in place till the fight was over. afterwards the armor literally had to be PEALED off his body since it had dug so deep and spiked him. Guts' already scarred body was scarred even more so and his critical wound on his chest hadn't fully healed either. all the Age 22 feats I've mentioned are by THIS ailing, half dead guts!
*see attached picture of his scarred body*

and many, many more incidents. Please note that Guts only has one arm to weild his 6foot sword. the other hand is a fake metal hand that only has a magnet in it for balance. With one back hand swing with the sword, Guts cuts on average of atleast 5 heavily armed opponents in half....along with the horses. In fact, if he puts effort guts cuts through 10 trolls/zombies/humans with one swing.

you really need to see the Berserk the anime. and if you can get your hands on the manga...all the more better. try this site:
www.thehawks.org
you'll find it there, i think.

IMO, I'd love to see this fight no matter who wins. But being Guts' biggest fan I'll side with him. Not saying he'll win though. I'm still undecided.

~Sado

Attachment: gutssilke6.jpg
This has been downloaded 133 time(s).

Old Post May 14th, 2007 05:06 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

Guts is a mad man, he doesnt feel pain and has fought thousands of demons. All guts has EVER known his whole life is battle. I say guts would win. If he has the berserker amour, he would win for sure.

Shut up! It's Daddy, you shithead! Where's my bourbon?

Old Post May 14th, 2007 05:13 PM
2D_MASTER is currently offline Click here to Send 2D_MASTER a Private Message Find more posts by 2D_MASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Guts is a mad man, he doesnt feel pain and has fought thousands of demons. All guts has EVER known his whole life is battle. I say guts would win. If he has the berserker amour, he would win for sure.

Guts with berserker armor would DEFINITELY win. no stopping a madman gone even more mad. stick out tongue
the best part about guts is that after living the most cursed, f--ked up life, he's still cocky and is otherwise normal.
Kratos is a cranky bastard, always pissedoff and always yelling.........even though he's only been betrayed and killed his family by mistake.

Guts:
-was born off a corpse
-was raised by a mercenary who hated him/was indifferent to him
-was hated by his mercenary step father for being responsible for his wife's fatal illness.
-had to kill his step father in self defense
-fought in wars since the age of 9
-was raped as a child
-had to find out that his stepfather actually sold him off to the rapist for THREE SILVER COINS!!!!
-was betrayed by the person he had thrown away his life for so many times
-was forced to watch his girl get raped
-had his eye crushed
-had to cut his own forearm
-his girl lost her sanity and is now a mere child mentally
-she gave birth to a deformed son
-she now hates him after he attacked her (when he was possessed)
-she wouldn't let him touch their "new" son
-lost all his friends in ONE NIGHT
-always has his destiny being messed with by the godhand
-barely sleeps all day, and fights all the way till sunrise almost EVERYDAY
-is branded by the cursed brand meaning that no matter where he is demons will always hunt him and there is no running away
-fights against destiny but god of his universe is evil so all his efforts are invain.........not to mention that after all this he will go to hell since god himself in berserk universe is evil
-is critcally wounded and at any given moment the berserk armor can take him over

etc. etc. etc.

KRatos' suffering is not even Guts' left nut and he's still so cranky.
Guts has personality.

~The Black Swordsman Sado-sama

Old Post May 14th, 2007 05:25 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

hmm yeh id say Guts wins this if its just normal Kratos, not easily mind you...he may end up with some broken bones but will prob kill Kratos in the end

Old Post May 14th, 2007 05:37 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Damn, what a hard knock life.

Old Post May 14th, 2007 05:43 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Damn, what a hard knock life

yeah....probably the worst life in the world (next to mine) sad

quote:
hmm yeh id say Guts wins this if its just normal Kratos, not easily mind you...he may end up with some broken bones but will prob kill Kratos in the end

yup...Guts will probably win. 5.5/10 in his favor.
the thing is it just becomes so much more impressive than Kratos since Guts does it all with his own strength.

~The Miserable Never Ending Anguish Sado-sama

Old Post May 15th, 2007 04:40 AM
olympian

Gatts wins against normal Kratos.

His pain tolerance is downrigth insane.

Old Post May 15th, 2007 10:10 AM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

is this against the rules tho? i mean i thought you said he was a Anime/Manga character, not a gaming

Old Post May 15th, 2007 11:45 AM
olympian

Gatts and the whole "Berserk" universe have been showcased in at least two games so far.

Old Post May 15th, 2007 01:30 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

ah yes i see, looked it up just as i said that lol big grin he looks pretty cool, wouldnt mind playing a game of that myself

Old Post May 15th, 2007 03:45 PM
Muck101
America, #@^& yeah!

No contest in my mind. Gutts. Brilliant idea, too, Sado. Keep em coming.

God bless america, bitches! smokin'
Thanks beta ray howard!!!

Old Post May 15th, 2007 08:52 PM
Muck101 is currently offline Click here to Send Muck101 a Private Message Find more posts by Muck101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
No contest in my mind. Gutts. Brilliant idea, too, Sado. Keep em coming.

smile you keep 'em coming too Muck101! how about some more Tekken vs SF threads just to pissoff the 2D fans.................just like old times smokin'

~The Invincible Thread Maker Sado-sama

Old Post May 16th, 2007 03:41 AM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sado22
smile you keep 'em coming too Muck101! how about some more Tekken vs SF threads just to pissoff the 2D fans.................just like old times smokin'

~The Invincible Thread Maker Sado-sama
laughing

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post May 16th, 2007 03:44 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

this thread cooled down a bit so I'm just revitalizing it a bit:
just a pic of all the weird crap guts has to fight with his normal human self.

Attachment: gutsogre.jpg
This has been downloaded 101 time(s).

Old Post May 27th, 2007 07:57 PM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

That will not save him from Panda

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post May 27th, 2007 07:59 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cooples
Restricted

Account Restricted

you're an idiot if you think guts would win!

Kratos went to hell twice, and fought his way out.

He killed a God.

He killed the Sisters of the Fate (The most powerful beings in the world) and now he wields the power of time.

He's fought Zeus (KING OF THE FrEAKING GODS) and he survived, surving alone is worthy in and of itself.

He resisted the crushing palms of Atlas!

He faught the Colossus and killed it with a sword.

He fought the Hyda (only ever killed by Hercules) and won by IMPALING IT'S MAIN HEAD OVER THE MAST OF A BOAT!

He died twice by getting stabbed through the heart by objects bigger then he is.....And LIVED.

I mean, just saying: Kratos against: Every video game villain ever created is saying: This is a very fair battle if Kratos had no eyes and no legs.

Last edited by Cooples on Jun 8th, 2007 at 08:04 AM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2007 07:59 AM
Cooples is currently offline Click here to Send Cooples a Private Message Find more posts by Cooples Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cooples
you're an idiot if you think guts would win!

Kratos went to hell twice, and fought his way out.

He killed a God.

He killed the Sisters of the Fate (The most powerful beings in the world) and now he wields the power of time.

He's fought Zeus (KING OF THE FrEAKING GODS) and he survived, surving alone is worthy in and of itself.

He resisted the crushing palms of Atlas!

He faught the Colossus and killed it with a sword.

He fought the Hyda (only ever killed by Hercules) and won by IMPALING IT'S MAIN HEAD OVER THE MAST OF A BOAT!

He died twice by getting stabbed through the heart by objects bigger then he is.....And LIVED.

I'd say, if someone even breathed "Kratos" in the midst of Sephiroth, Sephiroth would **bleep** himself, throw himself on the floor and say he'd go 14 rounds with a party of every character from every FF game fighting him at once at level 99.

I mean, just saying: Kratos against: Every video game villain ever created is saying: This is a very fair battle if Kratos had no eyes and no legs.

Can you say Kratos fanboy? AND you already posted this...and you don't even remove the parts about Sephiroth. Can you say lazy Kratos fanboy?

Last edited by ESB -1138 on Jun 8th, 2007 at 08:02 AM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2007 07:59 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cooples
Restricted

Account Restricted

well there is a difference between being lazy and not having the time to write it all again, so I apologize but I did change it.
and I am simply being logical, Kratos is very underrated.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2007 08:05 AM
Cooples is currently offline Click here to Send Cooples a Private Message Find more posts by Cooples Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote