KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » greatest dual in starwars

greatest dual in starwars
Started by: Atticus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Atticus

greatest dual in starwars

whats your fav and what do think is the greatest?

Old Post May 6th, 2008 05:51 AM
Click here to Send Atticus a Private Message Find more posts by Atticus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

The one where those two guys were fighting with the lightsabers. I loved that one.

Old Post May 6th, 2008 06:10 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I don't know...... I didn't really understand that fight. I didn't get the impression that it was really happening.

Old Post May 6th, 2008 09:16 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

I personally am a big fan of the luke vs vader fight from Rotj along with obi-wan and anakin vs dooku in rots but those are from the movies in th e.u. i'm goin to have to think for a little while longer.

Old Post May 6th, 2008 06:15 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

its a toss up between:
"Sister, you have a sister, your thoughts betray her as they do your freinds. IF you will not join me, then perhaps she will"
"NEVER"
pimped music, amaizing emotion, and really the climax of the whole sextulogy (is that even a word?)

and the esb "i am your father" is the other contendor.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post May 6th, 2008 07:35 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

TPM, when Qui Gonn dies. The most realistic climax to any lightsaber battle. Qui Gonn is the only Jedi or Sith to die without his "freeze" moment at the end.

Old Post May 6th, 2008 08:13 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

there is also the "you are revan" fight. That is one of the greatest.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post May 6th, 2008 08:26 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Atticus

my fav is probably grievous versus 6 jedi in the clone wars.

dunno what the greatest is.

Old Post May 6th, 2008 08:46 PM
Click here to Send Atticus a Private Message Find more posts by Atticus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

quote: (post)
Originally posted by truejedi
TPM, when Qui Gonn dies. The most realistic climax to any lightsaber battle. Qui Gonn is the only Jedi or Sith to die without his "freeze" moment at the end.

Are you joking?! He had the biggest "freeze" moment. I always hated how he just held his lightsaber high and let maul stab him in the gut.

Old Post May 6th, 2008 10:43 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you didn't remember.. he kinda got like headbutted... with a lightsaber hilt.

I'd be zonked out as well.

Old Post May 6th, 2008 11:21 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

My fav. is the Battle in the Arena in AOTC

Old Post May 7th, 2008 12:35 AM
Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

i guess thats where you see all the jedi fighting at one time.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post May 7th, 2008 01:44 AM
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Many of the ones you people have mentioned are my favorites.

1. Grievous vs. six Jedi (CW) - just complete coolness.
2. I actually loved the ROTS battle, Kenobi vs. Skywalker. Come on, you don't fool anybody, you guys were itching for that fight, as well.
3. Qui-Gon & Kenobi vs. Darth Maul - I agree with the 'freeze moment' comment, it's one of the few battles in which the Jedi/Sith dies realistically. Plus, the fight is awesome.
4. The Revan vs. Malak fight was probably one of the best, in my opinion.
5. The Arena Battle.

Old Post May 7th, 2008 09:16 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Empire Strikes Back of course.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post May 7th, 2008 09:25 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Originally posted by skywalker833
Are you joking?! He had the biggest "freeze" moment. I always hated how he just held his lightsaber high and let maul stab him in the gut.

well, he was still fighting... he got hit, so he jerked back, he was still trying to bring his saber back down when he got stabbed. He was in the process of fighting back.. in most of the others, they seriously just don't try to block the final attack.

Old Post May 7th, 2008 09:45 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

How predictible. stick out tongue

Old Post May 7th, 2008 09:46 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

grievous against the four jedi from the ROTS prequel novelization (one again title escapes me) was a pretty good duel too.

Old Post May 7th, 2008 10:23 PM
Rebel95

Yeah, though you could see them freeze in that one.
I liked the ESB one. That one is a classic.

Old Post May 8th, 2008 12:42 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I'm rather fond of the TPM three-way, and the Mustafar one was quite good.

If I had to pick though it would be tie between ROTJ and ESB, you just can't beat the OT ones.

Old Post May 8th, 2008 12:53 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Originally posted by Tangible God
I'm rather fond of the TPM three-way

Sounds naughty.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post May 8th, 2008 01:19 AM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote