KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » I need sources proving Palpatine's strength

I need sources proving Palpatine's strength
Started by: fascistcrusader

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
fascistcrusader
Restricted

Account Restricted

I need sources proving Palpatine's strength

I've heard it said on these forums that Sidious has killed off a planet like Nihilus did, that Sidious had mastered every dark side technique, and that Sidious mastered every lightsaber form. I've also heard it said George Lucas stated that he was the most powerful Sith.

I have all the quotes from the novels, soucebooks, and essential chronologies stating that he is the most powerful, but I would like to have sources for the above facts.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2008 06:07 AM
Click here to Send fascistcrusader a Private Message Find more posts by fascistcrusader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

I really don't get what you mean...if you have the sources then what are you looking for?

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Feb 19th, 2008 06:33 AM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fascistcrusader
Restricted

Account Restricted

I need sources for this information:

I've heard it said on these forums that Sidious has killed off a planet like Nihilus did, that Sidious had mastered every dark side technique, and that Sidious mastered every lightsaber form. I've also heard it said George Lucas stated that he was the most powerful Sith.

I was just saying I already have the sources and quotes that just say "Palpatine is the strongest" though, so that people wouldn't give me what I already have.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2008 06:41 AM
Click here to Send fascistcrusader a Private Message Find more posts by fascistcrusader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

There's already a thread for dicussing Palpatine.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Feb 19th, 2008 11:34 PM
Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fascistcrusader
Restricted

Account Restricted

This isn't a thread for discussing Palpatine, this is a thread where I ask for sources of the statements of the original posts first paragraph. Does nobody have these sources, where these facts just pulled out of thin air?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 02:02 AM
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

who gives a crap... sideous succeeded where all others failed... except for The Dark Side Revan, which, as I am told, is not cannon.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 03:14 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

they were pulled out of Lucas's butt. its easy for lucas to say palpatine is the strongest, but does he consider the people at KMC's Star wars versus forum when he says it? no... thus our sudden snafu, and nobody is allowed to fight palpatine without instantly losing because the palps fanboys are backed by lucas... pretty much...

go suck on it.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 03:16 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
"Palpatine has spent decades studying the most arcane and esoteric Jedi disciplines. It is believed that he has mastered nearly all the known powers, previously unknown powers, and devises new ones at his pleasure". It goes on to list the following powers: Absorb/dissipate energy, accelerate healing, control pain, detoxify poison, enhance attribute, hibernation trance, rage, reduce injury, remain conscious, resist stun, short-term memory enhancement, combat sense, danger sense, instinctive astrogation, life detection, life sense, magnify senses, receptive telepathy, sense Force, sense path, injure/kill, telekinesis, farseeing (i.e., prescience and clairvoyance), lightsaber combat, projective telepathy, accelerate another's healing, control another's pain, feed on dark side, Force lightning, inflict pain, return another to consciousness, transfer Force, affect mind, control minds, create Force storms, Dopplegänger, drain life essence, enhanced coordination, telekinetic kill, transfer life, and dim another's senses.

-- The Dark Empire Sourcebook.

quote:
When the Sith finally emerged from a thousand years of watching and waiting, they numbered -- in accordance with the tradition set down by Darth Bane -- only two. The most powerful of these was Darth Sidious, an ice-cold, diabolically calculating genius equipped with the strength of the dark side of the Force, as well as an enormous wealth of Sith artifacts, equipment, and knowledge.

-- The Dark Side Sourcebook.

quote:
“[The Galactic Emperor] had succeeded where all others failed in taming the Dark Side. He would journey across the universe, spreading the shadow of his rule, blotting out the stars themselves, and taking his Dark Rule to other helpless galaxies.”

-- The Dark Side Sourcebook.

quote:
Darth Sidious proved to be the grim culmination of a thousand years of Sith philosophy and teachings.

-- The Essential Guide to the Force.

quote:
Beyond the vision of the Jedi Knights, somewhere within the darkness, the greatest master of evil ever to use Sith power bides his time.

-- The Complete Visual Dictionary.

quote:
The Sith have waited a millennium for the birth of one who is powerful enough to return them from hiding. Darth Sidious is that one -- the Sith's revenge on the Jedi order for having nearly eradicated the practitioners of the dark side of the Force.

-- The Complete Visual Dictionary.

quote:
And then there was Palpatine, of course: he was beyond power. He showed nothing of what might be within. Though seen with the eyes of the dark side of the Force itself, Palpatine was an event horizon. Beneath his entirely ordinary surface was absolute, perfect nothingness. Darkness beyond darkness. A black whole of the Force.

-- The Revenge of the Sith novelization.

quote:
[Mara Jade] learned to listen for [the Galactic Emperor's] telepathic "voice", which I could hear from across the galaxy, and to draw strength from his own vast reserves of power.

-- The Essential Guide to the Force.

quote:
The Emperor was completely in concert with the dark side of the Force. He was the most powerful Sith who had ever existed.

-- Death Star.

These are not all of the relevant, canon quotes concerning the issue, and I'm certain that specific individuals will come to try to shed some doubt on them, but it's futile; this should be enough. This is also excluding the rest of the quotes, the incalculable Force feats.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 04:38 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Escape said it all. Try to argue with those, Noobaris.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 06:00 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fascistcrusader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thank you very much Gideon. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 07:47 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

There are also a few panels where Sith spirits contemplate Palpatine, noting him as being extremely powerful or some such thing.

Nice trick.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 08:55 AM
Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fascistcrusader
Restricted

Account Restricted

There are also a few panels where Sith spirits contemplate Palpatine, noting him as being extremely powerful or some such thing.

That would be in Empire's End, where one Sith spirit says of Sidious, "He gave up everything to the Dark Side long ago. He has become the greatest who ever lived. He is the strongest who ever lived....I say we give what he wishes."

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 10:02 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Yup, that's it. It's been awhile since I've read it.

Nice trick.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 10:39 AM
Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Thank you very much Gideon. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

To collect all of the quotes and on-panel evidence would take an unparalleled assload of time. Fortunately for my schedule, the quotes are conclusive themselves.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 11:07 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Originally posted by Gideon
To collect all of the quotes and on-panel evidence would take an unparalleled assload of time. Fortunately for my schedule, the quotes are conclusive themselves.

If your not named Nebaris they are roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 11:54 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Elite Hunter
If your not named Nebaris they are roll eyes (sarcastic)

I believe that Captain REX's philosophy on that particular user is best: in most -- if not all cases -- he should be ignored.

Furthermore, let me reiterate that it is not enough to simply assert a statement or perspective and expect it to hold any water without necessary support. For example, to cast doubt on the quote that "[the Galactic Emperor] succeeded where all others failed in taming the dark side", the explanation was offered that "taming = make less dangerous, so it means sh1t!!1!" -- this is absurd beyond words. To tame something is to domesticate and control it. This is something positive, not negative, and even the aforementioned (stupid) explanation can be reworked that the Emperor made the dark side less dangerous for himself (compare this with the statement issued by the Essential Guide to the Force that "the more successful the dark sider, the more that dark sider's body decays" -- thus nullifying any theory indicating that there are those whose raw dark side prowess exceeds Palpatine's own).

In short, don't fall into the trap. Don't argue the point. Make these people argue it for you, make them prove why doubt should be cast on these statements.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 02:14 AM
0°Mandalore°0
Mandalorian Pride

I just don't understand why he keeps coming back... I mean, I've been here since March and by then he was already on his, what, 15th sock?

A warrior knows nothing of surrender.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 06:36 AM
Click here to Send 0°Mandalore°0 a Private Message Find more posts by 0°Mandalore°0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Escape said it all. Try to argue with those, Noobaris.
Ah yes, the darth sexy way of life.... call everything that moves or types noobaris... Noob... maybe, the dark lord Noobaris has been hiding amongst us the whole time? Maybe.... Supreme chancellor Darth Sexy?????

*dramatic cliffhanger music*

has darth sexy been calling anything that moves noobaris to move attention away from himself? will noobaris ever be found? does anybody really care?

tune in next time.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 06:53 AM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
Ah yes, the darth sexy way of life.... call everything that moves or types noobaris... Noob... maybe, the dark lord Noobaris has been hiding amongst us the whole time? Maybe.... Supreme chancellor Darth Sexy?????

*dramatic cliffhanger music*

has darth sexy been calling anything that moves noobaris to move attention away from himself? will noobaris ever be found? does anybody really care?

tune in next time.

Stfu Noob..

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 07:05 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Oooo, this gearing up for a great season finale!

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 08:40 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote