KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Contacting a brukhiemer producer

Contacting a brukhiemer producer
Started by: Keith Chevrier

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Keith Chevrier

Contacting a brukhiemer producer

I have a great movie idea that is ready for now and Mr. Brukheimer's creative geniusness.

How can I contact someone?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 06:15 PM
Keith Chevrier is currently offline Click here to Send Keith Chevrier a Private Message Find more posts by Keith Chevrier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I suggest finding an agent first.

The screenplay business is very similar to the book writing business, which I have experience in. You will want to get some books on how to do screenplays and make successful pitches. An idea will not be enough. Now if you choose to make it into a book, I could be of more help to you.

If you find an agent, he/she can send out your work and give it the credibility it wouldn't normally have. Like submitting manuscripts, some places just don't want to look at unsolicited material. If someone chooses to take on your screenplay, you will get a certain percentage and you do have to pay your agent.

You can find a lot of information at your local bookstore in the Performing Arts section about how to write and pitch screenplays. Also consider the material of your idea. From what I know of screenplays, there is a lot of formatting to them. You'll want to make sure whatever you write is thoroughly edited. So here is what I would do.

1. Decide to write it in some kind of format.
2. Research how to write in the format you've decided.
3. DON'T GIVE UP ON WRITING EVEN IF YOU THINK YOUR WORDS ARE CRAP. Things can ALWAYS be revised.
4. When you're done, have someone edit it and read it for comprehension. Try to pick two people, one being a teacher or an English expert or someone already in the business. They need to tell you whether or not they can understand what's going on in your story. What's clear to the author isn't always clear to someone else.
5. Start work on either selling it yourself or finding an agent. For books, find The Writer's Market 2008. It will give you a whole directory of publishing companies and how they want manuscripts formatted. Be sure if you don't have an agent, you don't submit to a place that only takes agented material. They won't even read what you gave them.
6. DON'T GIVE UP! It took my mentor 9 years to be published. Believe in your idea all the way and SELL it. It's much harder to sell than it is to write.

Hope this helps.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 06:53 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote