KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Gray Fox vs. Dante

Gray Fox vs. Dante
Started by: Pyron_is_God

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

Gray Fox vs. Dante

No timepowers or any of that wanky stuff. Just Dante with a sword and his own natural abilities against Cyborg Ninja Gray Fox.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2008 02:05 PM
Pyron_Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Pyron_Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Pyron_Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Gray Fox could actually put up a pretty good fight in just a sword fight. He's at least almost as fast, and also possesses formiddable strength and endurance. I'm not saying he'd win, but Dante sure as hell wouldn't be able speedblitz him.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2008 05:03 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Gray Fox

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 01:15 AM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rascaduanok
any% speedrunner

Very impressive. I’ve not seen any of that before (never got into MGS, believe it or not, and never had opportunity to play any of it) but I know the characters through discussions, etc. First time I’ve seen that. I must say that he does indeed move extremely quickly. I particularly liked his bullet–dodging and cutting bullets in ½ malarkey. Very jaw–dropping.

This doesn’t exactly show Dante at his best since he gets hacked up by his brother Vergil, but the first couple of minutes shows their speed in reference to bullet–dodging and hacking:

Also this one to get a feel for the actual speed of Dante’s sword–swinging abilities:

Check it out 1 minute into the video. Dante and Vergil swing their swords and parry each other so quickly that not even the bloody RAIN can reach them until their swords lock together!

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 10:32 PM
Rascaduanok is currently offline Click here to Send Rascaduanok a Private Message Find more posts by Rascaduanok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

That's almost about the same speed Gray Fox can swing his sword at max. Look at the way he deflects those bullets.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 12:09 AM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

Fox may have trouble with Dante's regen. But on the same token, Dante will have trouble with Fox's exoskeleton's durability.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2008 12:22 PM
Pyron_Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Pyron_Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Pyron_Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Give Dante Yamato and the exosceleton of Fox might not exist as well (though Rebellion is also good in cutting stuff, Yamato can cut through everything belonging to the "human" plane of reality due to it's ability of cutting through dimensions).

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Apr 27th, 2008 03:34 PM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Dante will also have trouble with Fox's superior strength.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 12:10 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

And his HF Blade...

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 03:47 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

If you think the HF blade is any stronger than Dante's swords, you're wrong.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 08:02 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Dante will also have trouble with Fox's superior strength.
Superior how? Dante was able stop the Savior's fist, sure, while he was shutting down, but that thing is SERIOUSLY much larger than Metal gear ray which I'll remind you, he still got crushed by.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 09:54 AM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

gFox got crushed by REX, not RAY. And it was after it had cut him apart with a laser and smashed him into a wall.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 03:09 PM
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

Your point being Grey Fox got bested by a heavily armed slowmoving behemoth?

Also, Yamato > HF blade.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 03:44 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

Yes, a heavily-armed slow moving behemoth that could probably take Dante no problem.
The weapons REX is carrying would splatter Dante beyond his regen's ability in short order.
M61 autocannon >>>> pistol rounds Dante can shoot down.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 04:21 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

It would have to hit him first. It's guns are big, but they'd never hit him. He'd cut Ray apart easily.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 08:09 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fascistcrusader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dante has this in the bag. There's nothing Fox could do against his superior swordsmanship, speed, the fact that he has DT, and the fact that there's nothing Fox could do to hurt Dante.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 09:02 PM
fascistcrusader is currently offline Click here to Send fascistcrusader a Private Message Find more posts by fascistcrusader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

He could easily blow off his head.
Regen from that, prettyboy.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 09:27 PM
fascistcrusader
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
He could easily blow off his head.
Regen from that, prettyboy.

Dante got shot in the head a few times in DMC 3, and that's the weakest we've seen him. Gray Fox would crap his pants and be slaughtered after realizing he couldn't do anything to hurt Dante.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 10:25 PM
fascistcrusader is currently offline Click here to Send fascistcrusader a Private Message Find more posts by fascistcrusader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

So Dante could survive a shot to the head that could pierce hard metal armor? Gray Fox wins. His head flys off.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 10:37 PM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Dante...... Easily....

Magical abilities, superhuman speed, strength, regenerative abilities even Wolverine would find familar, hand eye coordination and reflexes that are insanely accurate, Devil Trigger... Magic weapons... The ability to ressurect... And a baddass attitude.

WTF did Grey Fox ever do to you to deserve this horrible horrible curbstomp?

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 12:36 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote