KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » was obi wan better than mace in soresu by Rots?

was obi wan better than mace in soresu by Rots?
Started by: Man of Christ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Man of Christ
Apostle and Preacher

was obi wan better than mace in soresu by Rots?

everybody is always saying that obi wan was the best candidate for beating grevous because of his form. didnt mace master soresu too?
if so was obi wan just better at soresu?

Old Post May 3rd, 2008 01:57 PM
Click here to Send Man of Christ a Private Message Find more posts by Man of Christ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

yes, Mace indicates that Obi-Wan was better at that form in the ROTS novelization when he sends Obi-Wan after Grievous. It was BECAUSE of Kenobi's form that he was chosen. (so yes as far as the Jedi Council was concerned.)

Old Post May 3rd, 2008 05:49 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

^what he said, just dont get the idea that this makes kenobi better then windu.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post May 4th, 2008 02:39 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Man of Christ
Apostle and Preacher

i would say in terms of (saber combat only) obi is near mace's level.

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

angel

Old Post May 4th, 2008 03:31 AM
Click here to Send Man of Christ a Private Message Find more posts by Man of Christ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

mace could take kenobi, however, just comparing their SORESU abilities, Kenobi has the edge. In a fight between the two however, mace wouldn't use Soresu, and so Kenobi would lose.

Old Post May 4th, 2008 03:36 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Man of Christ
Apostle and Preacher

quote: (post)
Originally posted by truejedi
mace could take kenobi, however, just comparing their SORESU abilities, Kenobi has the edge. In a fight between the two however, mace wouldn't use Soresu, and so Kenobi would lose.

i know im just saying that is mace is a 10 then obi wan is an 8

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

angel

Old Post May 4th, 2008 03:37 AM
Eminence
Boss

Who other than Starbuck has ever said that Mace was a Soresu practitioner?

Old Post May 4th, 2008 06:02 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

mace had mastered all six forms, and invented a seventh. its quite common knowledge.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post May 4th, 2008 06:20 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chik4lit

I think what Mace says to Obi-Wan in the ROTS novelization is that Mace may have invented his own lightsaber form, but Obi-Wan is the master of the ultimate form.

Old Post May 4th, 2008 06:48 PM
Click here to Send chik4lit a Private Message Find more posts by chik4lit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Originally posted by chik4lit
I think what Mace says to Obi-Wan in the ROTS novelization is that Mace may have invented his own lightsaber form, but Obi-Wan is the master of the ultimate form.

Gotta love the EU. Mace's form existed in one of the Darth Bane books. lol

Old Post May 4th, 2008 07:24 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
mace had mastered all six forms, and invented a seventh. its quite common knowledge.
In other words, you don't know. Quoting Starbuck almost word-for-word isn't going to help you out much.

Old Post May 5th, 2008 03:23 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

In the wikipedia page on lightsaber combat, it says that to master form 7 a jedi must master all of the other forms to master juyo/ vapaad.

Old Post May 7th, 2008 02:54 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McLovin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by chik4lit

Hahah.

Better name: Clit4it.

GL has spoken.

Old Post May 7th, 2008 04:07 AM
Click here to Send McLovin a Private Message Find more posts by McLovin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Faunus
In other words, you don't know. Quoting Starbuck almost word-for-word isn't going to help you out much.
WTF is starbuck? i got my info from wookiepedia, and yes, i know there is juyo, although it is almost entirely out of use by pt. Any similarity in my wording/sentence structure to someone else is coincidental. Its bound to happen sometime. And, yes, he has mastered all 7 forms. But Kenobi is the ultimate master of form III

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post May 7th, 2008 06:31 AM
chik4lit

Originally posted by McLovin
Hahah.

Better name: Clit4it.

GL has spoken.

I'm still waiting for a legitimate argument as to why I'm wrong.

Last edited by chik4lit on May 7th, 2008 at 03:49 PM

Old Post May 7th, 2008 03:45 PM
Click here to Send chik4lit a Private Message Find more posts by chik4lit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Stop waiting.

no expression

I''m not sure if you're wrong, but I'm pretty sure Mace was referring to the fact that Obi-Wan mastered the ultimate form in regards to fighting Greivous. Mace noted that Soresu was the best lightsaber form to counter Greivous's own style of combat.

And uh... don't mind McLovin. He's our token black guy... he probably won't survive long enough to make it in to the sequal.

Aside from that...

I think that Mace is highly proficient in all forms of lightsaber combat, however, Obi-Wan mastered Soresu itself to a higher degree then anyone else in history.

Last edited by Final Blaxican on May 7th, 2008 at 07:16 PM

Old Post May 7th, 2008 07:14 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
WTF is starbuck?
Master Starbuck, the last guy here to put up that exact same argument in those exact words.
quote:
i got my info from wookiepedia,
Which isn't as canon source...
quote:
And, yes, he has mastered all 7 forms.
Apparently, you don't read.

PROVE UP. What canon source states that Mace has mastered all lightsaber styles? The EGttF states that Juyo mastery requires mastery of "other" forms, not all other forms.

Old Post May 7th, 2008 10:01 PM