KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » best goal ever

best goal ever
Started by: nick1811

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nick1811
At Gunpoint

best goal ever

what do you think is the best goal ever scored?
(sorry if this thread has already been posted)

mine is zidane's goal in the 2001-2002 champions league final against bayer leverkusen.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 11:09 AM
nick1811 is currently offline Click here to Send nick1811 a Private Message Find more posts by nick1811 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

ya tht one was amazing... left-foot..

wht bout that beckham goal.. the one from half-line..tht was pretty good.. but i think its over-rated

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 05:03 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

maradona v england, giggs vs arsenal?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 08:46 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

quote:
Originally posted by pr1983
maradona v england, giggs vs arsenal?

Was that Maradonna's FIRST goal against England or the second...? eek! whistle

Peter Gabriel - SLEDGEHAMMER.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 08:54 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

either one'll do, but i like the legal one

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 02:45 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nick1811
At Gunpoint

i think van bastens goal in the euros was a bit over rated

"Rest in Piece, Brother Dime"- Vinnie Paul

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 09:58 AM
nick1811 is currently offline Click here to Send nick1811 a Private Message Find more posts by nick1811 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

why nick? one of the best volleys ever scored surely?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 05:11 PM
nick1811
At Gunpoint

it was fairly close to the goal, im not saying it was bad, just not as good as others

"Rest in Piece, Brother Dime"- Vinnie Paul

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 06:04 PM
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

Josimar (spelling) for Brazil against Ireland in the 86 world cup springs to mind. Also i remember Robero Carlos scoring an amazing free kick with the outside of his boot from about 30 yards, it looked like it was going wide then just swerved back in (not sure of the year).

"The Capitol of this rugged slang is WU-TANG,
Witty Unpridictable Talent And Natural Game". GZA

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 10:20 PM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

beckham freekick against greece.....england was 2-1 down and there was 92 minutes on the clock...BECKHAM!!! BANG!!!

quality goal 2-2

also trevor sinclair bycicle kick from out side the box

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2004 12:20 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

quote:
Originally posted by pr1983
why nick? one of the best volleys ever scored surely?

Ronnie Whelan's goal in the same competition was far better!!!

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2004 06:37 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

quote:
Originally posted by koolruningz
Josimar (spelling) for Brazil against Ireland in the 86 world cup springs to mind. Also i remember Robero Carlos scoring an amazing free kick with the outside of his boot from about 30 yards, it looked like it was going wide then just swerved back in (not sure of the year).

How the hell did I let THAT one go? That's NORTHERN IRELAND mate...they're BRITISH! And very much THIRD WORLD! roll eyes (sarcastic) The *REAL* IRELAND did'nt get to the WC 'til '90... wink

And then bowed out to a Packie Bonner f*ck up!!! sad

Old Post Sep 26th, 2004 09:33 PM
The Redeemer

Apologies for the previous rant...did'nt see the poster's location...from a LITTLE ISLAND off the coast of Australia it seems... wink Obviously a BIT confused with EUROPEAN TERRITORY... whistle

Old Post Sep 26th, 2004 09:42 PM
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

I am actualy from England but didnt take the time to think (or care to be honest) which Ireland it was against. I was just remembering a great goal i saw, i didnt think people were scrutinizing the facts so closely. Im sorry if you were insulted by it but refering to New Zealand as a backwards country isnt really the best way to get your point across. Let me correct myself so you can sleep easier. Josimar (spelling) for Brazil against Northern Ireland in the 86 world cup springs to mind. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 26th, 2004 10:13 PM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

Backwards? blink Now where did I say that? Relax mate...just taking the piss...not notice the winking smilie? wink Just a bit of wicked Irish humour! No hard feelings, eh? smile

NORTHERN IRELAND were good in their day...Espania '82 immediatley springs to mind...and Gerry Armstrong's winner against Spain. I think Laurie Sanchez may get a few decent results out of them this time round...they'll give England a good run for their money when they visit Windsor Park. They should have beaten Wales last time out!

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 07:41 PM
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

Chill pills administered to both parties. smokin'
Nothing to see here. Move along.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 08:11 PM
The Redeemer

Your user handle is named after the film, right? Great flick...the late John Candy was a genius!

Oh yeah...ON topic...sort of! wink How do you think NZ will do in the WC qualifiers? Last time they were there was in '82 in a group with Brazil, the then USSR and Scotland IIRC..

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 08:22 PM
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

Yeah my dad's Jamaican thats why i use koolruningz (great movie). New Zealands football team is not even worth talking about unfortunately. If by some miracle they do qualify it will be because the other teams didnt turn up. Football just isnt that big over here, rugby is still the #1 sport followed by cricket. I'll be cheering for England as its my home country, although if they dont change their tactics it will be a short journey.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 08:40 PM
vagaryatwill

Anybody got any clips of these goals? I remember seeing clips of a couple that are mentioned, but some I have no clue...

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 06:20 PM
vagaryatwill is currently offline Click here to Send vagaryatwill a Private Message Find more posts by vagaryatwill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

Carlos Alberta's against Italy in the 1970 World Cup. Or Archie Gemmels against Holland in 1978.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 10:03 PM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote