KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Ganon vs. Okami

Ganon vs. Okami
Started by: Dark-Jaxx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

Ganon vs. Okami

Don't know, was bored. I say Ganon wins.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 02:04 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Bloody hell

the wolfs name is Amaterasu not okami. Okami is the name of the game roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 03:09 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Bloody hell

the wolfs name is Amaterasu not okami. Okami is the name of the game roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thank you.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 03:53 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Okami is shorter to type.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 04:26 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx

Ammy is even shorter.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 04:34 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rascaduanok
any% speedrunner

Shall we use LoZ instead of Ganon then???

I’d say Ganon wins. As much as I love the wolf goddess, she’s exactly the sort of thing Ganon imprisons and/or destroys to blight the land and cause Link to set out to save the world.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 05:16 PM
Rascaduanok is currently offline Click here to Send Rascaduanok a Private Message Find more posts by Rascaduanok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Ammy is even shorter.
Hey, make like a banana and shut up!

stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 06:06 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Rascaduanok
Shall we use LoZ instead of Ganon then???

I’d say Ganon wins. As much as I love the wolf goddess, she’s exactly the sort of thing Ganon imprisons and/or destroys to blight the land and cause Link to set out to save the world.

Meh, don't think so. Ammy's kinda, y'know, a goddess and all? And she's beaten down beasts that would make ol' Ganny think twice about taking on.

And as before, the whole "freezing time" thing when she attacks with the Celestial Brush.

Hey, make like a banana and shut up!

stick out tongue

Wouldn't be more appropriate to tell me to "peel out" or something?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 06:25 PM
NemeBro

Meh, don't think so. Ammy's kinda, y'know, a goddess and all? And she's beaten down beasts that would make ol' Ganny think twice about taking on.

And as before, the whole "freezing time" thing when she attacks with the Celestial Brush.
1. Last I checked Ganon was a God. Ganon has created beasts that would make Ammy pee herself.

2. Time? Pfft...Ganon has warped an entire dimension under his own power.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 06:44 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

1. Last I checked Ganon was a God. Ganon has created beasts that would make Ammy pee herself.

2. Time? Pfft...Ganon has warped an entire dimension under his own power.

Ammy pees on such beasts just to add insult to injury. And I'm not kidding on this.

And corrupting a realm has... what relevance to Ammy attacking literally instantly?

Also, Ganon is not a god. He lied to Zant about being one, but in no way is he a god of any sort. Just a very powerful mage.

Last edited by General Kaliero on Jun 10th, 2008 at 06:57 PM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 06:48 PM
Peach
mordrem

...since when is Ganon a god?

His own claims of (or lies about) being one do not count.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 06:56 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Ammy pees on such beasts just to add insult to injury. And I'm not kidding on this.

And corrupting a realm has... what relevance to Ammy attacking literally instantly?
1. I know lol.

2. IT has reference to planetary reality warping powers. But other than that, Ganon has power over souls(t3h Twilight magic), has teleportation, has great physical strength and speed, and has ridiculous endurance even without the ToP. He destroyed his castle within an inch from death. He disintegrated a Sage with but a punch. He dodges and blocks light arrows effortlessly, even jumping 30 feet in the air to do so sometimes. He can blot out the sun through the planet as well(not a combat feat...But still cool). He can warp beings to make them powerless, be it to a rabbit, to an imp, or sumthin else. Ganon by all rights is a God.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 06:59 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

1. I know lol.

2. IT has reference to planetary reality warping powers. But other than that, Ganon has power over souls(t3h Twilight magic), has teleportation, has great physical strength and speed, and has ridiculous endurance even without the ToP. He destroyed his castle within an inch from death. He disintegrated a Sage with but a punch. He dodges and blocks light arrows effortlessly, even jumping 30 feet in the air to do so sometimes. He can blot out the sun through the planet as well(not a combat feat...But still cool). He can warp beings to make them powerless, be it to a rabbit, to an imp, or sumthin else. Ganon by all rights is a God.

What the hell? Ganon had no power over souls in the Twilight Realm.

Also, punching out a Sage? It's not much of a feat. They may be powerful magically, but they're very much the "weak old man" cliche. Most decently fit men could probably do the same thing.

WW Ganondorf dodges Light Arrows (sort of... wonder why he can't do the same when they're bounced off Link's shield...), but I don't recall TP Ganondorf doing the same. Which Ganon are we dealing with, here?

Changing Link into a bunny was an effect of the corrupted Dark World, not Ganon's personal power. Otherwise he would do such a thing in battle.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 07:15 PM
NemeBro

What the hell? Ganon had no power over souls in the Twilight Realm.

Also, punching out a Sage? It's not much of a feat. They may be powerful magically, but they're very much the "weak old man" cliche. Most decently fit men could probably do the same thing.

WW Ganondorf dodges Light Arrows (sort of... wonder why he can't do the same when they're bounced off Link's shield...), but I don't recall TP Ganondorf doing the same. Which Ganon are we dealing with, here?

Changing Link into a bunny was an effect of the corrupted Dark World, not Ganon's personal power. Otherwise he would do such a thing in battle.
1. Zant could turn beings into lost souls, ALL of Zant's power is from Ganon.

2. So any normal human can disintegrate a Sage with a punch? And prove they have incredibly low endurance like you say.

3. Because it was such an unexpected and indirect attack. He did not expect it(which is kinda stupid). TP Ganon was on a horse...Did you really expect a 9 foot tall man to jump up and land back on the horse to dodge arrows? Also, every Ganon is the same Ganon.

4. The World he warped and created under his own power. It was his power.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 07:37 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

1. Zant could turn beings into lost souls, ALL of Zant's power is from Ganon.

2. So any normal human can disintegrate a Sage with a punch? And prove they have incredibly low endurance like you say.

3. Because it was such an unexpected and indirect attack. He did not expect it(which is kinda stupid). TP Ganon was on a horse...Did you really expect a 9 foot tall man to jump up and land back on the horse to dodge arrows? Also, every Ganon is the same Ganon.

4. The World he warped and created under his own power. It was his power.

The Twilight Realm reduced Hylians to lost souls, but Ganon has no personal power over them. That's just how they exist in the Twilight.

Can you prove a Sage is physically strong? To the point that Ganondorf's punch is worth any special consideration?

WW Ganondorf did not physically change into Ganon, he used a puppet. And he's the one with the lightning-fast reflexes, and seems to have trained extensively in Gerudo dual sword fighting. TP Ganondorf has apparently trained in single straight sword fighting, and his reflex feats are relatively simple parries. He also uses magic attacks. There is one Ganon (in two timelines), but his skills vary depending.

Then why not alter someone's form in battle?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 08:02 PM
NemeBro

The Twilight Realm reduced Hylians to lost souls, but Ganon has no personal power over them. That's just how they exist in the Twilight.

Can you prove a Sage is physically strong? To the point that Ganondorf's punch is worth any special consideration?

WW Ganondorf did not physically change into Ganon, he used a puppet. And he's the one with the lightning-fast reflexes, and seems to have trained extensively in Gerudo dual sword fighting. TP Ganondorf has apparently trained in single straight sword fighting, and his reflex feats are relatively simple parries. He also uses magic attacks. There is one Ganon (in two timelines), but his skills vary depending.

Then why not alter someone's form in battle?
1. Right. But he can warp the dimension into the Twilight Realm.

2. Nope. You can't prove they are weak either. So they must be assumed to be average.

3. He chose not to change into Ganon. Or maybe Ganon knows both dual and single sword skills? Also, Ganon in TP, while holding his sword pointing outward to the side, could bring in the blade to easily block Link's direct attacks, he even in TP has good reflexes. Ganon in TP had no time to get in extra training, and in WW he may of...But train with who? He honed his skills as a Magician and Swordsman when he was King of the Gerudo.

4. Well PIS for one, cause Link beating Ganon, who is stronger, faster, more durable, more powerful, more skilled, and smarter, reeks of it. But, the Master Sword in A Link to the Past guarded the effects of the warp if you remember.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 08:10 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

1. Right. But he can warp the dimension into the Twilight Realm.

2. Nope. You can't prove they are weak either. So they must be assumed to be average.

3. He chose not to change into Ganon. Or maybe Ganon knows both dual and single sword skills? Also, Ganon in TP, while holding his sword pointing outward to the side, could bring in the blade to easily block Link's direct attacks, he even in TP has good reflexes. Ganon in TP had no time to get in extra training, and in WW he may of...But train with who? He honed his skills as a Magician and Swordsman when he was King of the Gerudo.

4. Well PIS for one, cause Link beating Ganon, who is stronger, faster, more durable, more powerful, more skilled, and smarter, reeks of it. But, the Master Sword in A Link to the Past guarded the effects of the warp if you remember.

1. No, that was a result on sealing/KOing the light spirits that guarded over areas of Hyrule

2. True

3. Alright I'm lost with this one.

4. Link overpowered Ganondorf in a swordlock in TP. Heck Link was able to throw around that giant 50 ton Goron around like it was nothing. That Link was no push over. And the Maste Sword had nothing to do with Link not becoming a bunny in a Link to the Past; it was that crystal orb thingie (I forget the name) because Link can go to the Dark Realm without the Master Sword (when you're getting it up graded by the smiths).

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 08:36 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by ESB -1138
1. No, that was a result on sealing/KOing the light spirits that guarded over areas of Hyrule

2. True

3. Alright I'm lost with this one.

4. Link overpowered Ganondorf in a swordlock in TP. Heck Link was able to throw around that giant 50 ton Goron around like it was nothing. That Link was no push over. And the Maste Sword had nothing to do with Link not becoming a bunny in a Link to the Past; it was that crystal orb thingie (I forget the name) because Link can go to the Dark Realm without the Master Sword (when you're getting it up graded by the smiths).
1. No, they were preventing Zant from doing it, but Zant when he defeated that one spirit clearly made the effect happen on his own.

2. Basically he is reasoning that the Ganon in WW and TP have different skills and abilities.

3. That Link had exceptional physical strength, I give you that. But that does not excuse the other attributes that Ganon has far above Link. Also, Ganon SHOULD be able to amp his strength higher, so that was bullcrap.

The MS did nothing? Really? Haven't played the game in ages. Well, then I call PIS.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 08:43 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

1. No, they were preventing Zant from doing it, but Zant when he defeated that one spirit clearly made the effect happen on his own.

2. Basically he is reasoning that the Ganon in WW and TP have different skills and abilities.

3. That Link had exceptional physical strength, I give you that. But that does not excuse the other attributes that Ganon has far above Link. Also, Ganon SHOULD be able to amp his strength higher, so that was bullcrap.

The MS did nothing? Really? Haven't played the game in ages. Well, then I call PIS.

1. No, it was the effect of the light spirit no longer being there because to return the realm to the light Zant brought it back and not just did so by his own will.

2. Well they kind of do. I mean TP and WW takes place in the different timelines and where WW Ganon has faced the OoT Link before TP Ganon never had the chance so that alone would change them.

3. Link also had Midna's and Zelda's assistance in many games...well Midna's just in one. And in WW the king made that wish for the kids to basically win so Ganon was fighting a losing battle.

4. ALttP Link had magical abilities, the Golden Master Sword, Silver Arrows, and went through a ton of dungeons (most in any Zelda games I believe) so he had a while to get better.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 08:56 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by ESB -1138
1. No, it was the effect of the light spirit no longer being there because to return the realm to the light Zant brought it back and not just did so by his own will.

2. Well they kind of do. I mean TP and WW takes place in the different timelines and where WW Ganon has faced the OoT Link before TP Ganon never had the chance so that alone would change them.

3. Link also had Midna's and Zelda's assistance in many games...well Midna's just in one. And in WW the king made that wish for the kids to basically win so Ganon was fighting a losing battle.

4. ALttP Link had magical abilities, the Golden Master Sword, Silver Arrows, and went through a ton of dungeons (most in any Zelda games I believe) so he had a while to get better.
1. Well...Now that I think of it, do either of us have proofs?

2. It wouldn't change his whole arsenal, or change whether or not he used one of two swords. Also, that timeline is still not official, it is highly accepted, not official.

3. Which is still PIS. In OoT though, there could have been some CIS. Powerful villains usually do suffer from PIS.

4. True. Also, ALttP was a prequel to OoT, right?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 09:04 PM