KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Solidus Snake VS. Dante

Solidus Snake VS. Dante
Started by: ThoraxeRMG

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Solidus Snake VS. Dante

Discuss..
My money's on Solidus....

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 01:11 AM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

Um, I think Dante is too fast.
Solidus can block bullets with his arms. Can't Dante like catch them with his teeth or something? I think i heard that somewhere but who knows.
Even ignoring that, Dante's regen is too much.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 01:32 AM
Pyron_Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Pyron_Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Pyron_Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

You're slightly wrong with the speed part.

4:11

If Dante even touches one of Solidus' bullets, he can say bye to that area that was touched. As Solidus' bullets are customized to be explosive, that pack more power than Grenades. So Dante catching them in his mouth may be suicide. Solidus could also use those Tentacles as distractions, I guess. This is not gonna be easy for Dante.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 02:01 AM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Come on...Dante?

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 07:03 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

Ok, I didn't see any explosive bullets in that waste of 7 minutes, sorry, and the only one who was actually shooting in that clip was the actual Solid Snake and those bullets were not exactly explosive.

Look, there's no effing way Dante would lose to him, he speedblitzes this guy.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 10:55 AM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Dante 10\10.

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 01:33 PM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Raijin
Ok, I didn't see any explosive bullets in that waste of 7 minutes, sorry, and the only one who was actually shooting in that clip was the actual Solid Snake and those bullets were not exactly explosive.

Look, there's no effing way Dante would lose to him, he speedblitzes this guy.

Well, for one, it was an awesome scene. Solidus' intro is more badass than Dante's whole career.

Second, he probably meant this vid

Solidus' gun hs armor-piercing rounds.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 02:39 PM
Pyron_Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Pyron_Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Pyron_Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Actually, it's not explosive bullets. If you read the script in Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance it says Solidus shoots the computers that control the Ray's on their bodies, and they're what explodes. It's pretty much clear that they're not explosive when he shoots Olga in the head, and her head doesn't explode... :/

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 05:55 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

Where's this script? Is it official?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 05:59 PM
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Originally posted by kamikz
Actually, it's not explosive bullets. If you read the script in Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance it says Solidus shoots the computers that control the Ray's on their bodies, and they're what explodes.

*Ahem*
WRONG!

quote:
Solidus however had the bullets in his P90 modified to fire explosive rounds (which explains how he was able to pierce the armor of the Metal Gear RAYs and why his missing bullets exploded on the deck of Arsenal Gear as he was shooting at Ocelot).

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/P90

As a Metal Gear Fanatic myself, it disappoints me to see another fan of the series to lack the knowledge of anything from the series. *Sigh*

Originally posted by kamikz
It's pretty much clear that they're not explosive when he shoots Olga in the head, and her head doesn't explode... :/

Not really, because the bullet pretty much went through her skull. And it most likely didn't hit a surface hard enough for it's impact to go off. And besides I doubt Kojima would want a depiction of Olga having her head explode via Headshot.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Last edited by GenomeFrozener on Mar 28th, 2008 at 09:59 PM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 09:51 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Um... Aren't wikipedia articles written by fans? That means it is not official, you can't use it as a source. For all I know, you wrote that article.

Do you have the script of Metal Gear Solid 2? If you do, read it. I'd take that over any wikipedia article.

The only way I could see me being wrong would be if Solidus hit the computers on the Ray's WITH exploding bullets, then again, it should've said so, and it doesn't say it was used to pierce their armor.

And what the hell is with you jumping on me saying I know nothing of the series? Even if I'm wrong here, it's one damn thing. Jesus...

Btw, where the hell do Solidus' bullets "explode when they hit arsenal gear"? Here's the scene, they do not...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=k6tPHc4JuV4

Last edited by kamikz on Mar 28th, 2008 at 10:24 PM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 10:16 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Originally posted by Pyron_is_God
Where's this script? Is it official?

It's in the "Documentaries of Metal Gear Solid 2", the second disc of Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance. There is the script for the game, I doubt they'd put an unofficial version in there really...
However, it's been a while since I read it, but I'm pretty sure I'm right. I know 100% it's there, however I don't know if there are details I've missed. If someone wants to check it out that's fine, I might do it if I feel like it, but I don't at the moment. (It's at the scene where Ocelot betrays Solidus and shoots Fortune, somewhere around there)

Sorry for double post, was over the 15 minute edit time...

Edit: Ok, I checked it out anyway, and I was right. Here it is....

"Harnessing the accelerator, he deftly evades the Ray's lashing tails and other attacks while sniping out their AI control systems with the P90."

Nowhere does it mention an exploding one, and nothing points at it. The official script from Hideo Kojima has spoken, don't try to refute it with opinions and other fan made articles please. Unless you can prove it...

Last edited by kamikz on Mar 28th, 2008 at 10:47 PM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 10:34 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/P90

As a Metal Gear Fanatic myself, it disappoints me to see another fan of the series to lack the knowledge of anything from the series. *Sigh*

OMG!

You fool. You fool of fools... how are you going to come into a thread, talk shit, then use a wikipedia article to prove your point? Everyone knows wiki's are not reliable sources, tend to be biased, and as such aren't valid sources in debates!

omfg... hahaha..

And how ya doing Kamikz? Long time no see.

Last edited by Final Blaxican on Mar 28th, 2008 at 11:39 PM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 11:32 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
OMG!

You fool. You fool of fools... how are you going to come into a thread, talk shit, then use a wikipedia article to prove your point? Everyone knows wiki's are not reliable sources, tend to be biased, and as such aren't valid sources in debates!

omfg... hahaha..

And how ya doing Kamikz? Long time no see.

Hey, nice to see ya! I'm doing fine at the moment, stopped coming here for about a year because I lost interest (and found alot of others at the same time). But today I decided to check in and write some!

You?

Old Post Mar 29th, 2008 12:00 AM
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
You fool. You fool of fools... how are you going to come into a thread, talk shit,

*Facepalm*
*Reported for unneeded comment*

*Looks at kamikz's video*

Hmm, I could of sworn I saw mini explosions the last time I played the game. Oh well, that statement has been fully blown out. Anyways, I WISH I made that site, it was made by a mod from the Metal Gear Solid unofficial forums, which is known for some members who use unbiased information.. Anyways, I didn't say you knew NOTHING of anything from MGS, just the whole Solidus Bullets.

*Scratches Head*

Any who, who shall win?

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Mar 29th, 2008 12:13 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

hahaha. Unneeded comment? That's not against the rules, unless it's either A) Off-topic, which it wasn't because my post was still in regard to the topic at hand, namely Snake's bullets and the sources behind them, or B) flaming, which I wasn't doing because I wasn't attacking you so much as I was attacking your argument and your thought process in this instance, and it's still foolish to use a wikipedia site, no matter what the people who wrote it are "known for"... especially after stating superiority of knowledge over someone.

By your logic, I can report you for this:

quote:

As it has no bearing on the actual topic. Rather, it's a jab at someone.
quote:
Hey, nice to see ya! I'm doing fine at the moment, stopped coming here for about a year because I lost interest (and found alot of others at the same time). But today I decided to check in and write some!

You?

Meh, same here pretty much. I don't really frequent the video game vs. since so many people left and the fights got boring. I check in to get in a scrap every once in awhile though stick out tongue

Last edited by Final Blaxican on Mar 29th, 2008 at 12:27 AM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2008 12:23 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
*Facepalm*
*Reported for unneeded comment*

*Looks at kamikz's video*

Hmm, I could of sworn I saw mini explosions the last time I played the game. Oh well, that statement has been fully blown out. Anyways, I WISH I made that site, it was made by a mod from the Metal Gear Solid unofficial forums, which is known for some members who use unbiased information.. Anyways, I didn't say you knew NOTHING of anything from MGS, just the whole Solidus Bullets.

*Scratches Head*

Any who, who shall win?

It's really hard not to think the bullets are explosive, I did too and still would've unless I read the script. It's really misleading....
And I thought you meant my overall knowledge of MGS. Sorry.

Anyway, I haven't played a single DMC game so I wouldn't really know, but from what I've seen here, most people would say Dante. Though I guess such things are always up to debate. I have no stance in this.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2008 12:25 AM
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

My comment was a slight jab while yours was a full blown insult.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Mar 29th, 2008 12:48 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

You mean you interpreted it as a full blown insult, at your argument. Your's was a jab at a person.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2008 01:38 AM
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

I see...

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Mar 29th, 2008 02:01 AM