KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » WWII: Last Bridge to Freedom: Sign up, Discussion and, Rules

WWII: Last Bridge to Freedom: Sign up, Discussion and, Rules
Started by: Red Spartan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

WWII: Last Bridge to Freedom: Sign up, Discussion and, Rules

It's the last few weeks of the war and a key bridge has been targetted as a possible weak point in our line. Mainly meaning that this bridge could allow German Panzers to get up behind our infantry and cut a hole to the let the Germans in. To solve this, the brass has ordered A, and B companies to hold the bridge until relieved, three days later. They would give us more to work with but due to heavy pockets of resistance, most of the troops are fighting in rural villages. It's up to you and your soldiers to keep the German forces from advancing, the war depends on you and, more importantly, the lives of countless American soldiers depend on you.

Mission Objectives: Move into the small town, secure the bridge and do a perimeter sweep of the entire area. Afterwards you will set up a defensive and hold until you are releaved. Only retreat if you have lost your hold on the bridge and have no possible way to regain it. Destruction of the bridge is not an option.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Height:
Weight:
Blood Type:
Company:
Weapon: (I'll list some out later)
Class: (Will also list later)
Brief Background:
Special Gear: (Only one thing and keep it simple, it's only 1945)
Lucky Charm: (Ace, card, something like that)
Alligence:

Rules:
1. No double posts.
2. No posting, one post after yourself.
3. No advancing the storyline without the rest of the group ready.
4. No killing other players without permission.
5. Keep it realistic. It's only WWII
6. Maximum of two characters each.
7. Be detailed for the most part.

Russia does not want confrontation of any kind. And we will not take part in any kind of "holy alliance".
Vladimir Putin

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 12:06 PM
JohnnyW is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyW a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

Name: Jacob Book
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 170lbs
Blood Type: O-
Company: A company
Weapons: Sidearm: Colt M1911A1. Main weapon: M1 Carbine
Class: Sniper
Brief Background: After joining the army of his own free will, Jacob was placed in a Seargent position early, because of his skill. Soon afterwards, he was shipped off to the European battlefront in Germany. Now leading a small group of A Company soldiers, Jacob hopes to impliment his training to get his troops out alive.
Special Gear: M1903 Springfield
Lucky Charm: Pocket Watch
Alligence: Allies

Russia does not want confrontation of any kind. And we will not take part in any kind of "holy alliance".
Vladimir Putin

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 12:16 PM
JohnnyW is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyW a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Name: Jake Mirez
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 168lbs
Blood Type: AB-
Company: A company
Weapons: Sidearm: Colt M1911A1. Main weapon: M1 Garande rifle, Thompson sub-machine gun (aquried later on)
Class: ???
Brief Background: After joining the army US Army at the age of 21, Jake served in 82nd Airborne division in the war in europe. Starting with operation Overlord: D-day, on to market Market Garden (see 'A Bridge Too Far.'(film).) and other operations in europe. He quickly progressed through the ranks. Now leading a small group of A Company soldiers.
Special Gear: TBC
Lucky Charm: TBC
Alligence: Allies

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 04:38 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Ill finish it another day ok!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 04:40 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

I hope you know that I don't take orders. It's just something I don't do. Just one of the many things wrong with me.

With that said I am transferring to B Company.

Vladimir Putin

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 09:01 PM
Vathu
Rougue

I'll fill in a bio later..

My nerves are racked.

So much work I have to make-up for High-school after missing a whole day and two half days. no expression

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 09:36 PM
Vathu is currently offline Click here to Send Vathu a Private Message Find more posts by Vathu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

I know what you mean. I missed the crap out of a lot of work from just a hlaf day..

Vladimir Putin

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 09:36 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

lol Yeah i missed an entire month of Secondary School last year so i mustnt miss more...... Anyhoo I'll be 'sergent' Until the possibly commading officer dies!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 09:45 PM
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

Umm.. seargents were the only commanding officers ever on the field in WWII

Vladimir Putin

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 09:46 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Oh ok did you ever see Band of Brothers or Saving Private Ryan "Lieutenant and Captain respectfully" and its 'sergents' not 'seargents'..... Im Sergent Jake Mirez then. Ill be in the same company as you. A, B whatever I think it should be good. Oh I am so gonna capture or destroy me a Panzer. Do we have tanks? I personally like the: M24 Chaffe Light Tank or the M4 Sherman Medium tank.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 10:25 PM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Name:
Ria Churchil

Height:
5'5"

Weight:
140 lbs

Blood Type:
AB+

Private

Company:
B Company

Weapon:
Sniper Rifle and Handgun

Class:
Sniper/Engineer [I assume is considered class]

Brief Background:
Orphan at young age, grew up in the army. She always had problems with authority, but she dealt with it. She spent a lot of time behind bars trough the time in the army, but did turn out quite well. She knows what she is doing and she can take moments serious, despite her rebellious nature.

Special Gear:
Different grenades for different situations. Nightvision Googles. Rope.

Lucky Charm:
A teddybear from her mother and father at her birth.

Alligence:
Allies

Attachment: risaoflovelycom.jpg
This has been downloaded 99 time(s).

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 10:47 PM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fardin Vassisk
Oh ok did you ever see Band of Brothers or Saving Private Ryan "Lieutenant and Captain respectfully" and its 'sergents' not 'seargents'..... Im Sergent Jake Mirez then. Ill be in the same company as you. A, B whatever I think it should be good. Oh I am so gonna capture or destroy me a Panzer. Do we have tanks? I personally like the: M24 Chaffe Light Tank or the M4 Sherman Medium tank.

No, only SEARGENTS led troops into battle. Any higher ranks stayed behind at the major bases. Don't try to act like you know more about this than me. I am going to be a soldier as soon as I possibly can, which means I've studied.

And I'm trying to be in my own company cause it get tiring of everyone following me around but oh well not much I can do about that haha except for reverting back to A company.

Vladimir Putin

Last edited by JohnnyW on Sep 25th, 2007 at 11:17 PM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 11:12 PM
android217
Death's Embrace

Name: "Monty" Redfield

Height: 5'11''

Weight: 184 lbs

Blood type: A+

Company: B

Weapon: Browning Automatic Rifle

Class: Weapon Support

Brief background: During WW1, Montgomery Redfield Sr. was KIA by getting his flamethrower tank shot by friendly fire. Monty was raised by his mother, and his abusive step-father. His mother would drink, until the Prohibition of alcohol, which caused her to realize her husband beat Monty, and divorced him.

Lucky charm: Four leaf clover incased in a steel cover, wrapped around his neck.

Allegiance: Allies

Apearence: http://www.hmisite.com/WWII_soldier_2002.jpg

Last edited by android217 on Sep 25th, 2007 at 11:15 PM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 11:13 PM
android217 is currently offline Click here to Send android217 a Private Message Find more posts by android217 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

Originally posted by Diamond Kisses

Special Gear:
Different grenades for different situations. Nightvision Googles. Rope.

This is 1945....

Vladimir Putin

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 11:15 PM
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

I expected people to at least have a basic understanding of the near end of the war.. from what I can see.. I was wrong.

Vladimir Putin

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 11:21 PM
android217
Death's Embrace

anything wrong with mine?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 11:29 PM
android217 is currently offline Click here to Send android217 a Private Message Find more posts by android217 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

Originally posted by android217
anything wrong with mine?

The Lance Corporal part. Read some books on the war and you will learn that the only people who led troops into actual battles were the Seargents.

Vladimir Putin

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 11:31 PM
android217
Death's Embrace

Are we supposed to be the leaders? i thought we were just followin orders?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 11:32 PM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Originally posted by Red Spartan
This is 1945....

Night Vision was used during World War II, was it not?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 11:34 PM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

Originally posted by android217
Are we supposed to be the leaders? i thought we were just followin orders?

Well you can be a leader if you want. I am taking a small battalion on my own during the RP and moving back to the rest when it's over run.

Vladimir Putin

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 11:36 PM