KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Vergil vs. Sephiroth

Vergil vs. Sephiroth
Started by: Eon Blue

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Vergil vs. Sephiroth

Who takes it?

This is DMC3 Vergil against CC Sephiroth.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post May 12th, 2008 07:52 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

If I had to give one the speed edge, it would be Vergil, and his Yamato sword gives him some nifty moves, being able to ut through probably anything Sephiroth's Masamune can. I supopse it depends on what Sephiroth gets, but if it's just his Masamune sword, I see the fight ending, sooner or later (probably later), in Vergil's favor, partially 'cause while the Masamune sword is long (as hell), it isn't really quite wide enough to lop sometihng off of Vergil without his durability coming into play.

Last edited by BloodRawEngine on May 12th, 2008 at 08:21 PM

Old Post May 12th, 2008 08:18 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fascistcrusader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Vergil has much better regen than Pre Nibelheim Sephiroth. Unless Sephiroth had some good materia, possibly an elemental + death combo, going for him he couldn't kill Vergil. It would take Vergil along time to take Seph down, but he'd do it eventually.

Old Post May 12th, 2008 10:38 PM
fascistcrusader is currently offline Click here to Send fascistcrusader a Private Message Find more posts by fascistcrusader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Sephiroth wins this.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post May 12th, 2008 10:51 PM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JerseyMage

fascist crusader,

Can Sephiroth really equip other materia besides his default? I recall that in the game his materia was unremovable. Not that it was bad materia since level 3 fire, ice, and bolt materia is awfully strong. Does he ever equip other materia in AC or CC?

Old Post May 12th, 2008 11:41 PM
JerseyMage is currently offline Click here to Send JerseyMage a Private Message Find more posts by JerseyMage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Terryc250

AC Sephiroth doesn't need materia, because he has control over the his negative lifestream which infact is magic/power/energy/life itself.

We've never seen CC Sephiroth at full strength, but CC Sephiroth is equipped with basically every elemental materia at its highest level, plus the powers he has without materia, it would be a close fight; however if this was AC Sephiroth, he'd win in a curbstomp.

Old Post May 12th, 2008 11:49 PM
Terryc250 is currently offline Click here to Send Terryc250 a Private Message Find more posts by Terryc250 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

CC Sephiroth doesn't have what it takes to beat Vergil, AC prolly could though.

Isn't there gonna be a new AC movie showing Seph's full power?

Old Post May 12th, 2008 11:59 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Terryc250

No they're just making a Blu-Ray HD version, with a few small differences, adding bruises and cuts, and some small parts changed, u'll see the differences in this vid

Old Post May 13th, 2008 12:06 AM
Terryc250 is currently offline Click here to Send Terryc250 a Private Message Find more posts by Terryc250 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Great, now I've gotta get a PS3.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 12:08 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Vergil takes it, then.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 01:54 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JerseyMage

Terry,

How do we know CC Sephiroth is equipped with all the materia from the FFVII game? I don't think lifestream=materia, and thats because in the game, during the nibelheim flashback, the process of creating materia naturally was explained to take special circumstances in the environment + time. I understand that sephiroth controls the lifestream, but I'm specifically interested in whether he can equip the materia combinations available in the FFVII game.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 02:43 AM
JerseyMage is currently offline Click here to Send JerseyMage a Private Message Find more posts by JerseyMage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Terryc250

What materia does is aid a user into tapping into the power of the lifestream, thats all materia does, in the flashback when Sephiroth is in your party, you can look into his inventory, hes well equipped with materia back then, he also does powers without materia as well during CC.

Sephiroth after absorbing some lifestream has been doing magic without materia, In AC, his remnents were using magic without materia because they can control a small portion of Sephiroth lifestream.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 02:59 AM
SHM

Vergil wins. Pre-Nibel Sephiroth isn't enough to take him.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 09:53 PM
SHM is currently offline Click here to Send SHM a Private Message Find more posts by SHM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Great, now I've gotta get a PS3.

Or you could wait till someone puts it on youtube and save yourself $600.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 01:29 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Csdabest

How......no.....In AC they had materia..they stole it from Tifa and future ****. Seriously I dont know where your getting all this sephiroth can create materia crap. Where has he been shown to do so. Also what makes you think we havent seen Sephiroth at full strength. He is the strongest because of his control over the lifestream. Stop hyping BS.

Be smart, and use corrective grammar, so you don;t sound like a complete jackass."

In the Great words of Shao Khaun
"YOU HAVE FAAAIIILLLLED!!!!!!!!"

Old Post May 14th, 2008 08:49 AM
Csdabest is currently offline Click here to Send Csdabest a Private Message Find more posts by Csdabest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Terryc250

Originally posted by Csdabest
How......no.....In AC they had materia..they stole it from Tifa and future ****. Seriously I dont know where your getting all this sephiroth can create materia crap. Where has he been shown to do so. Also what makes you think we havent seen Sephiroth at full strength. He is the strongest because of his control over the lifestream. Stop hyping BS.

... at the beginning of the movie, they summoned shadow creeps without materia.. who said Sephiroth created materia? Read a little closer please. We haven't seen Sephiroth at full strength well.. because we haven't, he never used his full powers in AC did he? I'm stating facts, not "hyping".

Old Post May 14th, 2008 08:53 AM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Vergil wins with ease

Old Post May 14th, 2008 04:00 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SHM

Sephiroth didn't create Materia, he just could use magic without the aid of it.

Last edited by SHM on May 14th, 2008 at 06:09 PM

Old Post May 14th, 2008 05:57 PM
SHM is currently offline Click here to Send SHM a Private Message Find more posts by SHM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol Sephiroth create materia, what a joke not that its worth much Vergils not going to wait an hour for the dude to cast a spell smile

Old Post May 14th, 2008 06:08 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SHM

Originally posted by Burning thought
lol Sephiroth create materia, what a joke not that its worth much Vergils not going to wait an hour for the dude to cast a spell smile

If you want to be taken seriously, you should at least learn the difference between the story and gameplay mechanics.

But it doesn't matter. Pre Nibel-Sephiroth isn't enough to beat Vergil.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 06:16 PM