KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dragon Age

Dragon Age
Started by: Morridini

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Morridini
Morridini

Dragon Age

Most RPG players probably allready knwo of this title, but since there has hardly been any info about this game before now, there hasn't been a need for a thread before now.

We have just gotten ourselves the first look at the game through their:
Debut Trailer

Other nice place to look for more info is their Official Site

So anyone got any thoughts on this one? I'll definitley keep an eye out to see how this one develop.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 10:04 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Would like to direct your attention to the 4 part demo video on the frontpage of their site: http://dragonage.bioware.com/ (gametrailers for some reason only had part I and II of IV so didn't bother linking to those).

I liked a lot of what I saw, I thought it started out bland, but improved after things got going.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2008 05:01 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Icy Ninja
Ninja Sith

Will this game come to consoles or will it be just on pc

Old Post Sep 25th, 2008 05:50 AM
Icy Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Icy Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Icy Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

It's first coming to the PC, then later in 09 it will come to consoles.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=217002

Old Post Sep 25th, 2008 06:44 AM
Icy Ninja
Ninja Sith

sweet cant wait bioware is one of my fav developers probably get the game when it comes to consoles just cuz their making it

Old Post Sep 27th, 2008 03:42 AM
Icy Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Icy Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Icy Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Same here. Bioware has yet to disappoint me, infact they are the only developer that has not yet disappointed me.

Does anyone know who is writing it, because I know that The Drew is working on a personal fantasy story and Mass Effect's stories.

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Sep 29th, 2008 at 01:57 AM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2008 01:55 AM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

David Gaider is the Lead Writer.

Also, a vid about the toolset: http://dragonage.bioware.com/gallery_worldbuilders.html

Old Post Sep 29th, 2008 04:10 AM
Great Vengeance

Yep the game is looking good. Supposedly they are going to be using more mature fantasy in this game ala A Song of Ice and Fire, as opposed to the high fantasy they use in games like Baldurs Gate. Should be a refreshing change.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 04:54 AM
Great Vengeance is currently offline Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yep, if you get blood on your armour it stays.

Looking at one of the trailers, it reminded me of the Wheel of Time.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 01:53 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Hmm, what exactly reminded you of WoT?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 02:24 PM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

I just wish that this game would come out on consoles closer to the time it comes out on PC. I hate waiting for a game I want to play to come out on a system I have.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 02:54 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Morridini
Hmm, what exactly reminded you of WoT?

Cant give you specifics because I only saw the trailer, but just the way the characters are and the enemies that were attacking the castle.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 05:32 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Can't say anything in the trailers reminded me of WoT, other then the medieval setting.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 05:40 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well it did.

The trailer has a tower, the action scenes look realistic, the saying, "the blight ends here", all humans and no dwarves or elves and something a plan, which there is alot in WoT.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 10:31 PM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Hmm... Interesting.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2008 03:10 AM
Morridini
Morridini

Some new photos and info on this weeks GTTV: http://www.gametrailers.com/gametra...p;sd=0&ch=1

Chapter 2 and 3 revolve around Dragon Age.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 09:42 AM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by THE JLRTENJAC
Hmm... Interesting.

Sometimes I'm not to sure it was a good idea to introduce Bioware to you.....

"The wait is over."

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 04:13 PM
Nactous is currently offline Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Old Post May 13th, 2009 01:34 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

This game looks so ****ing awesome.

Old Post May 13th, 2009 12:23 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

http://blog.bioware.com/2009/10/13/...social-network/

Kinda neat, you can play with the character creator from the game. I downloaded it and made a few characters just to see what the options are. Pretty standard customization, though, just the typical slider stuff.

I'm sort of interested in the game itself, not sure if I'll buy it or not. I'd like to play it but I'm worried it'll end up like Oblivion or Mass Effect where I'm bored brainless immediately.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 15th, 2009 12:21 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote