KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Metal Gear REX vs Metal Gear RAY

Metal Gear REX vs Metal Gear RAY
Started by: Arestrike

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arestrike

Metal Gear REX vs Metal Gear RAY

Which of the 2 Metal Gears would win if they were to fight each other? I'm going with RAY because of the insanely powerful cannon in its mouth

Old Post May 17th, 2008 02:52 AM
Arestrike is currently offline Click here to Send Arestrike a Private Message Find more posts by Arestrike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

RAY is specifically designed to destroy REX.

Old Post May 17th, 2008 03:06 AM
Pyron_Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Pyron_Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Pyron_Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arestrike

Well, i learned somthing today, lol

Old Post May 17th, 2008 03:11 AM
Arestrike is currently offline Click here to Send Arestrike a Private Message Find more posts by Arestrike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Yeah, that you need to play the Metal Gear Solid series a little more...

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post May 17th, 2008 04:16 AM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Ray was made to defeat Rex...or to be more specific the Knock-Off Rex's that were flooding the Black-Market.

Old Post May 17th, 2008 03:06 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I'm suddnely reminded of one of the latest trailers of MGS4. A scene plays near the end that involves Liquid Ocelot jumping onto a hangar in the RAY in front of Snake who was actually piloting the REX.

EDIT: Here's the clip

But in the end, we all know the Metal Gear MKII is the true pwnage.

Last edited by BloodRawEngine on May 17th, 2008 at 05:28 PM

Old Post May 17th, 2008 05:18 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Metal Gear Ray for the reasons stated above, that and you fight 3 of the damn things in MGS2.

Old Post May 17th, 2008 05:36 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I can't help but think you made this thread on their camo on Brawl. But RAY...wins

Old Post May 18th, 2008 01:11 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Ray.

Old Post May 19th, 2008 12:26 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

This match up was already said and done with in MGS4. REX owned RAY. End of discussion.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2008 11:20 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Because the pilot basically had help from it's inventor, Hal.
Also the inventor most likely knew tactics on how to counter RAY.
Hal is a genius after all.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2008 11:23 PM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I think it may have been a mass produced RAY as well.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2008 11:32 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

No, it was the real deal.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Jul 16th, 2008 03:03 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

When this only says "Metal Gear REX vs. Metal Gear RAY", do you mean nobody is piloting these giant robots? If they dont have pilots, then does that mean they have some sort of AI?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 12:02 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

quote: (post)
Originally posted by GenomeFrozener
No, it was the real deal.

Actually, I don't think it was. It lacked the tail and didn't have the same knee's as the real deal. The real one from MGS2 had spiky knees, while the mass produced had rounded ones. And this one has rounded...

It does have a pilot seat though, and it has the same color as the prototype.

If I had to guess, I'd say this is a new version of RAY, either new mass produced version to make it more able, or it's one specifically made for Ocelot to drive.

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 01:15 AM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

RAY is faster than REX by default. Otacon had to do some haxxor shit to make REX even with RAY.

However in the MGS4 fight we're talking a damaged REX vs a fresh Ray.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 04:39 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

in the MGS4 fight we're talking a damaged REX vs a fresh Ray. [/B][/QUOTE]

Definately. If a damaged REX can defeat a fresh RAY, then this shows that REX is the dominant one in this thread.

REX thumb up thumb up

RAY thumb down thumb down

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 06:11 AM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

The fight in MGS4, that RAY was the original, check the faceplates on it, it didn't have the optical visor of the MP RAYS, and it did still have the tail, BUT, it looked like it was reworked, the decals for instance where altered...

Anyways... if where talking both MGs as fresh... doesn't REX win by default due to PWNAGE drom the Rail Gun?

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 08:22 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
in the MGS4 fight we're talking a damaged REX vs a fresh Ray.

Definately. If a damaged REX can defeat a fresh RAY, then this shows that REX is the dominant one in this thread.

REX thumb up thumb up

RAY thumb down thumb down [/B][/QUOTE] Right, the fact that the most legendary soldier of all(minus Big Boss) was piloting it of course means nothing though.

And that fact that Snake had help from the man who knows more about Rex than anyone.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 10:48 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote