KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Dante VS. Ryu Hayabusa

Dante VS. Ryu Hayabusa
Started by: ThoraxeRMG

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Dante VS. Ryu Hayabusa

Who shall win? No fanboy stupidity.
Solid Facts with Solid Truth.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2008 06:55 PM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fascistcrusader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Which Dante and which Ryu?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2008 07:06 PM
fascistcrusader is currently offline Click here to Send fascistcrusader a Private Message Find more posts by fascistcrusader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Csdabest

Dante quicksilver owns.

w/o I think Ryu gots it being an extremely close match. Ryu speed owns Dante now with the release of NGII. But Dante Healing powers will be a great hinderance. If you drop the BS instant heal Ryu has it. With a close match. Without it i think its about instant

Thought.....I dont think Dante can survive having his body being obliterated by a black hole

Be smart, and use corrective grammar, so you don;t sound like a complete jackass."

In the Great words of Shao Khaun
"YOU HAVE FAAAIIILLLLED!!!!!!!!"

Old Post Jun 27th, 2008 11:40 PM
Csdabest is currently offline Click here to Send Csdabest a Private Message Find more posts by Csdabest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Csdabest
Dante quicksilver owns.

w/o I think Ryu gots it being an extremely close match. Ryu speed owns Dante now with the release of NGII. But Dante Healing powers will be a great hinderance. If you drop the BS instant heal Ryu has it. With a close match. Without it i think its about instant

Thought.....I dont think Dante can survive having his body being obliterated by a black hole

With or without time powers, Dante curbs this match. His best speed feats by canon standards are well beyond anything Ryu did canonically or gameplaywise (and Dante's best feat IMO was in his weakest known state). Even if Ryu's speed were a hindrance, Dante's Trickster style would be more than enough to match. What needs to be dropped to give Ryu a chance in this fight is Dante's superior strength, natural agility, natural skill, more versatile weapons, and regen. Otherwise, Dante wins this in any instance imaginable. Dante has way too many advantages in this fight to make it a close match in a general sense, the only thing Ryu has that's even near the same degree as Dante is speed, and while in-game there's more emphasis on that, all canon points otherwise (I highly doubt Ryu can slash and parry with his sword so fast and so hard that he creates an invisible dome where not even rain can touch him, or stab with his sword so fast that he makes a small whirlwind of stabs with the force to knock someone away).

And really, it's not like Dante wouldn't see Art of the Piercing Void coming at him.

And then there's Devil Trigger...

Old Post Jun 28th, 2008 12:20 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Csdabest

I have never seen a speed feat to place Dante over Ryu. Even before NGII came out their speed was said to be around equal. NGII showed Ryu being alot faster.

So far Ryu has been showned to be more versatile and have more array when it comes to weapons, And is more skill. Dante is a slasher with style. Dante has superior strength but that is not enough to take on Ryu. Ryu has been shown in both Canon video, and gameplay wise to be more agile, faster, nimble, and more skilled than Dante.

Also...are you say just because Dante can twirl his sword so fast that rain is not touching him. Thats his speed feat. Sorry to break it to you but Normal everyday people can do that. Hell I did that back in the day when i was like 12. Rain is inconsitent and its hit point are not the same. Now your overhyping Dante's ability.
Dante yes he is very fast but he is not faster than Ryu. Definetly after NGII release from what has been shown. Dante is not as fast as Loz. And i place Ryu speed as being faster than Loz. since ryu can teleport and to his speed dash in combination while fighting at the same time.

Also you do know that Art of the Piercing Void is NOT SLOW and sucks enemies in(not from great distances but if the enemy is clsoe to it it sucks them in) If Dante gets hit by that he is dead. Ryu still has all of his other Spiritial attacks and and ninpo along with the Demon Statue, Bushido scroll, Archfiend blade, TDS, and all the other items skills that he has gathered over his gamespan.

I give this match around 5/10 in leaning towards Ryu. But thats if Dante Quicksilver and INstant healing is nerfed. With Instant healing it will be around 7/10 in dante favor.

Be smart, and use corrective grammar, so you don;t sound like a complete jackass."

Old Post Jun 28th, 2008 12:42 AM
Csdabest is currently offline Click here to Send Csdabest a Private Message Find more posts by Csdabest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Which Dante and which Ryu?

Both Prime, discuss now bitches! big grin

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Jun 28th, 2008 01:58 AM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fascistcrusader
Restricted

Account Restricted

If their both in their most powerful forms, then Dante. Dante has the fighting skills and prowess to hold Ryu back, and has the advantage of being able to shrug off Ryu's physical attacks.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2008 02:39 AM
fascistcrusader is currently offline Click here to Send fascistcrusader a Private Message Find more posts by fascistcrusader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Originally posted by Csdabest
I have never seen a speed feat to place Dante over Ryu. Even before NGII came out their speed was said to be around equal. NGII showed Ryu being alot faster.

So far Ryu has been showned to be more versatile and have more array when it comes to weapons, And is more skill. Dante is a slasher with style. Dante has superior strength but that is not enough to take on Ryu. Ryu has been shown in both Canon video, and gameplay wise to be more agile, faster, nimble, and more skilled than Dante.

Dante has shown to be able to do just about everything Ryu can do in terms of agility, from countless jumps to wall running (agian, Trickster Style). Ryu has a wider array of weapons, yes, but Dante's are again, more versatile than just being a bunch of swords and staves. He has an entire miniature battle-station in one suitcase, gauntlets and greaves that can give him the strength to break giant stone monuments, and the walls of his office are STREWN with swords. Dante uses style because that's just him--I said before that he can fight while having a bit of fun just as well as he could if he were taking a fight seriously and was as disciplined as Ryu.

quote:
Also...are you say just because Dante can twirl his sword so fast that rain is not touching him. Thats his speed feat. Sorry to break it to you but Normal everyday people can do that. Hell I did that back in the day when i was like 12. Rain is inconsitent and its hit point are not the same. Now your overhyping Dante's ability.

Uh-huh...

Watch @ 1:02 and tell me that normal people can do that.

quote:
Dante yes he is very fast but he is not faster than Ryu. Definetly after NGII release from what has been shown. Dante is not as fast as Loz. And i place Ryu speed as being faster than Loz. since ryu can teleport and to his speed dash in combination while fighting at the same time.

Based on what, blue after-effects? Dante's implied to be able to teleport as well (and leave red after-effects), and even if he couldn't, he's sure as hell able to attack faster than either Ryu or Loz. I'm willing to say Loz is stronger than either one of them (like that ground pound he did in the Forgotten City, only Dante's Gilgamesh weapon could even possibly allow him to do that).

quote:
Also you do know that Art of the Piercing Void is NOT SLOW and sucks enemies in(not from great distances but if the enemy is clsoe to it it sucks them in) If Dante gets hit by that he is dead. Ryu still has all of his other Spiritial attacks and and ninpo along with the Demon Statue, Bushido scroll, Archfiend blade, TDS, and all the other items skills that he has gathered over his gamespan.

Not only does it take precious time to charge, but it's a pretty small projectile that flies in only a straight arc anyway, even at full power. The point is Dante would see it coming pretty easily given the things he's dodged before. Dante can fire a gun faster than Ryu can unleash any of his Ninpo, and he's sure as hell a better gunslinger than Gamov.

With every single thing taken into account, Dante's regen and quickslilver are just overkill, a 10/10 curbstomp. DT alone would get the job done. Even without any of those, Dante's superior statistics are advantageous enough.

Last edited by BloodRawEngine on Jun 28th, 2008 at 02:51 AM

Old Post Jun 28th, 2008 02:44 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Csdabest

Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Dante has shown to be able to do just about everything Ryu can do in terms of agility, from countless jumps to wall running (agian, Trickster Style). Ryu has a wider array of weapons, yes, but Dante's are again, more versatile than just being a bunch of swords and staves. He has an entire miniature battle-station in one suitcase, gauntlets and greaves that can give him the strength to break giant stone monuments, and the walls of his office are STREWN with swords. Dante uses style because that's just him--I said before that he can fight while having a bit of fun just as well as he could if he were taking a fight seriously and was as disciplined as Ryu

Uh-huh...

Watch @ 1:02 and tell me that normal people can do that.

Based on what, blue after-effects? Dante's implied to be able to teleport as well (and leave red after-effects), and even if he couldn't, he's sure as hell able to attack faster than either Ryu or Loz. I'm willing to say Loz is stronger than either one of them (like that ground pound he did in the Forgotten City, only Dante's Gilgamesh weapon could even possibly allow him to do that).

Not only does it take precious time to charge, but it's a pretty small projectile that flies in only a straight arc anyway, even at full power. The point is Dante would see it coming pretty easily given the things he's dodged before. Dante can fire a gun faster than Ryu can unleash any of his Ninpo, and he's sure as hell a better gunslinger than Gamov.

With every single thing taken into account, Dante's regen and quickslilver are just overkill, a 10/10 curbstomp. DT alone would get the job done. Even without any of those, Dante's superior statistics are advantageous enough.

1.Um Swords and Staves. NO. Tonfas, Gauntlets with blades on them, along with boots, Dual swords, staggs, Kusaragi, Sythes, shurikens, kunais, arrows, Hammer, claws, nun-chucks, falis, hand to hand. Ryu is much more skilled than dante and is more versitile. Have you even played Ninja Gaiden games much less NGII. Dante has never shown the expertise or dicipline in the art of weaponry. he freestyles combos and has the speed to do so. So saying that IF he was fighting seriously he be just as dicipline is void. Cuz he never showed the ability to.

2. Haha. Are you talking about that. That is not a speed feat. That is the pressure and demonic energy creating a barrier so that the rain wont enter. This has been seen pletty of dimes in video games, anime, and manga. They are moving fairly fast so you cant say it was slowed down. And it was even just Dante it was his brother as well.

3.Implied and being able or seen or stated to have the ability is completely different. So no until he actualy been seen or stated by the creaters he cant teleport. Only thing close i have seen is his is in DMC4(Great game by the way). and he was using plot devices to move around. And it not based on blue effect even though that can be said to be an example of a show of speed. But its also the distance traveled and how fast it travled. Ryu has mastered the ability to superspeed dash and teleport in conjuction shows his high skill of speed, reaction, accuracy. Something Dante hasn't been shown to pull off. Also have you seen Ryu's attack speed. Specialy with his Tiger claw and Dragon Fang when he weilds both the TDS and Archfiend Blade.

4. Um it takes two seconds. And the movement speed is fast. Not bullet fast but it travels pretty quickly. Also you forget when Ryu charges his ninpo a protective barrier of that element guards him from attacks.

5. Ryu had never had trouble dodging bullets. And bullets dont just move faster for dante.

6. Devil Trigger is not enough to beat Ryu all hands down like you clame. There is nothing that special about Devil Trigger.

7. Dante Regen is his biggest advantage. But that wont protect him from ever. Ryu has the ability to extend the blade of his Dragon Sword with spiritial energy. He extends the blade long enough and cuts his head off clean off with no room to regenerate instantly give the extended blade width is large than his neck and Dante is dead.

Also You want to start naming off power up from items. Bushido Scroll. Ryu clan posses this scroll. Ryu is in charge and the leader of his clan so its in his possession. Gives the weilder power to control the planet in its fullness. Thats what the scroll says so thats the power he has gain. I can also list the powers of the demon stone once i relook or replay the game. Ryu is alot more powerful thany you give him credit for.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2008 04:45 AM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

1. I'll be quik here: I' was trying to save a bit of space. It's not like all those arrows, kunai, and shuriken would even have all that much effect on Dante. Even that tank Kratos would render them obsolete.

2. "Keep telling yourself that, darling". I suppose his Million Stab attack is also a bunch of Demon energy. That's speed in every sense of the word. Hell, even then, he can channel his demonic energy into his other weapons, it's what gives his handguns infinite ammo, for example. Did you not see the after-effects of the slashes?

3. I say implied because Vergil can also teleport, and they're said to have the exact same natural powers.

4. More like five. And really, the speed shown from it isn't something Dante can't dodge. And Ryu being protected when charging is irrelevant to my point.

5. He can shoot with two handguns as if they were machine guns, not to mention he can use them with so much stylistic versatility and agility, it's just an example of Dante's superior acrobatics.

6. How about the fact that it increases Dante's strength, speed, and durability to an even further level beyond his already-awakened demonic abilities. My point is that even if Dante's at any major disadvantage, Devil Trigger, in it's entirety, is more than enough to even the playing field.

7. Dante can send out large blades of energy from his sword be it Rebellion or Yamato, a sword which he blatantly showed can unleash energy blades with a single slash, which travelled miles across a city. Something which Dante's dodged when fighting Nero a second time. Dante in base form is more powerful than Nero in DT form.

I'll admit exagerration in saying something like "utter 10/10 curbstomp", but I'm only trying to get my point out a little more strongly, and my point is that in this fight, Dante takes the win overall.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2008 05:57 AM
Csdabest

1. That was not the point. We were on the point of versatility, mastery and skill. All which ryu trumps dante.

2. No...No one saying Dante it not fast. Your mistatking the dome of two demonic enetities and the power they emit from fighting for speed. Yes i see the after effects. You do know thats from the demonic energy clashing. You can still see every single move they make every strike they create. If they were truly in high speed. You would see them blured out or not moving at all. Its contradictery to say they are moving at high speed but then see every move they make. Also...please dont call me darling. I am not fond of the fact of another male calling me darling.

3. Just because virgil can do one thing doesnt mean Dante can as well. There are many powers the two do not share. Can Virgil perform quicksilver? No. So there isnt anyreason unless shown that Dante can teleport.

4. No only two. Stop speed counting and get a stop watch. It really three seconds to be exactl. 2.8. I timed it and its the longest one to charge(if you dont try and aim the other ninpos)

5.um....A gatling gun from a aircraft is faster than the treveling speed of a bullet of a hand gun. Which ryu dodged. And from multiple machine gun which rate of fire is faster than what Dante fires and the traveling speed is faster. Dante can pull the trigger faster but he cant make the bullets faster.

6. Thats all that devil trigger will do is even the playing feild which will catch them up in speed. Ryu will still have skill and better diciplined swordplay in his corner. In which this battle will mainly take place. Which will give ryu more than enough capabilities to hold his own and come out on top in this fight or bring it to a draw. If you get rid of quicksilver and Regen then this match is basically even. Give Regen to Dante then dante takes it cuz he will most likely take down Ryu before Ryu gets past his regen.

7. Ryu DS has show the ability to send out up to 8 energy blades with a single swipe which homes in on his targets at a good decently fast speeds which appears in NGDS.

8. i still stand by what I say that if Dante doesnt have Regen, Quicksilver and DT. Ryu wins 7/10. Give dante DT then its around 5/10. Regen i lean more towards Dante 7/10

I know what you mean. But the exageration of speed is incorrect. I love both franchises and own all the games.Though im not gonna lie i enjoy the NG series better and im fully aware of capabilities of both characters. But From what I have seen. Ryu has show the capabilities of being alot faster than Dante. Specially with his speed dash and teleporting conjuction in fighting bearly giving the enemies time to react. (Thank god for this cuz i doubt the game would be manageble if it didnt.)

But now i think since both DMC4 and NGII is out. Im going to go do some team matches.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2008 06:29 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Dante is gonna win this easily. He's been fighting people more tougher than Ryu.

The son of Sparda up against a martial artist on steroids hmmmmmm I wonder who will win *sarcasm*

Old Post Jul 15th, 2008 11:14 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

It won't be easy, n00b.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2008 11:15 PM
Remi8193
Coona Matata

i think it would be a draw cause dante wont die that easily and hayubusa is to super quick

Old Post Jul 15th, 2008 11:22 PM
Remi8193 is currently offline Click here to Send Remi8193 a Private Message Find more posts by Remi8193 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obsidian Fury

Originally posted by Nemesis X
He's been fighting people more tougher than Ryu

That is

A) Lousy logic
B) A>B>C logic

Old Post Jul 15th, 2008 11:24 PM
Obsidian Fury is currently offline Click here to Send Obsidian Fury a Private Message Find more posts by Obsidian Fury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

At least you gave a solid claim this time, Remi.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2008 11:24 PM
Remi8193
Coona Matata

i think there a lot a like cause they both a the abilitie to change there weapon

Old Post Jul 15th, 2008 11:30 PM
Remi8193 is currently offline Click here to Send Remi8193 a Private Message Find more posts by Remi8193 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Obsidian Fury
That is

A) Lousy logic
B) A>B>C logic
And it is bullcrap.

Vigoor split the planet at one point in a weaker form.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2008 01:20 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Terryc250

Originally posted by Remi8193
i think it would be a draw cause dante wont die that easily and hayubusa is to super quick

Dante with trickster is just as fast as Ryu, Dante with QS is even faster then Ryu.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2008 01:34 AM
Terryc250 is currently offline Click here to Send Terryc250 a Private Message Find more posts by Terryc250 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
And it is bullcrap.

Vigoor split the planet at one point in a weaker form.

Yeah Obsidian Fury, can Ryu be tougher than that? No!!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2008 07:46 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote