KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » The Chimera vs The Locust Horde Redux

The Chimera vs The Locust Horde Redux
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

The Chimera vs The Locust Horde Redux

Both have three main games under their belt. Both alien species brought mankind to the brink of extinction...only to be thrown back.

I've done this match-up a while back. Now, I am reviving it. Hide the women and children, cause this is Resistance vs Gears of War.

For a battle of this magnitude, this battle will take place in the fields of Har Megiddo...better known as Armageddon.

Which alien entity will win in the end?

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2011 04:33 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGoldenSpy

The Chimera would slaughter them. Anyone that has played resistance knows this.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2011 09:53 PM
TheGoldenSpy is currently offline Click here to Send TheGoldenSpy a Private Message Find more posts by TheGoldenSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Locust would slaughter them. Anyone who has played Gears of War knows this.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 17th, 2011 05:17 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGoldenSpy

No.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2011 06:12 PM
TheGoldenSpy is currently offline Click here to Send TheGoldenSpy a Private Message Find more posts by TheGoldenSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Just to clarify, are the Lambent included in this battle at all?

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Oct 18th, 2011 06:26 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

No Lambent. Straight Locust. All types of Locust and Chimera are enabled for this mother of all slugfests from Dadelaus to Myrrah.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2011 07:01 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I know next to nothing about Resistance and the Chimera. What do they have to compare to things like Corpsers and Brumaks? What about the Kryll, since they're available for this match?

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Oct 19th, 2011 06:11 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

They got this little fella

Plus they have advanced technology at their disposal while the Locust have primitive weaponry.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Oct 19th, 2011 08:06 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XanatosForever
I know next to nothing about Resistance and the Chimera. What do they have to compare to things like Corpsers and Brumaks? What about the Kryll, since they're available for this match?

You got the Goliaths, Titans and the Reamers for the Chimera (amongst other things), and to combat the Locust's Kryll, you got The Swarm.

Check Out Resistance Wiki for most of the Chimera baddies and weaponry if you;re still stumped.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2011 08:15 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Only big thing Locust have is the Leviathan for this battle depends on if its taking place near the ocean.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2011 08:33 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGoldenSpy

Chimera have their own leviathan like creatures called Krakens.

And they have Satan.

I think a single goliath can wipe out a large portion of the locust.

Just look at the huge ass battle ships on the cover of resistance 2 ffs.

Last edited by TheGoldenSpy on Oct 20th, 2011 at 09:22 AM

Old Post Oct 20th, 2011 09:20 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

And they got beat by world war 2 era humans. lololol

The "boss fight" with the leviathin was the most underwhelming part of Resistance 2. It got killed by a ****ing bridge falling on it, and some rpg's. Really? It wasn't even a nig bridge, like the Golden Gate bridge or something. It was a tiny bridge.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2011 04:24 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Yeah.

Thing will be a ***** for the locust though.

The locust got the giant rift worm, so that can really **** the Chimera strongholds. But I don't know how they will tango with the spaceships.

Also...those WW2 era humans are very fkn tough, son!

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Nov 1st, 2011 07:20 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

The rift worm according to Gearspedia is over 10 miles long and half a mile wide.

So really, it could prolly just eat the leviathin, lol. It wasn't taller than the world war 2 era sky scrapers, so it's only going to be at most a few hundered feet tall.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2011 05:45 PM