KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Dante (DMC3) vs Gene (Godhand)

Dante (DMC3) vs Gene (Godhand)
Started by: Papa Borzarou

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Papa Borzarou

Dante (DMC3) vs Gene (Godhand)

The battle of the cocky, trenchcoat wearing Capcom demon slayers!

Dante is armed with Rebellion and Ebony and Ivory (knowing Dante, he will relish in the thrill of hand to hand combat though, so most likely wouldnt use them in this fight) and all relevant techniques associated with them in DMC3. He can also use all 4 styles.

Gene has access to all of his martial art techniques, Roulette moves but has only one Godhand. (tempted to loan him Beowulf from DMC3 since it suits his fighting style for an interesting turn on events.)

FIGHT!

Last edited by Papa Borzarou on May 28th, 2008 at 02:58 AM

Old Post May 28th, 2008 02:50 AM
Papa Borzarou is currently offline Click here to Send Papa Borzarou a Private Message Find more posts by Papa Borzarou Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Gene gets through this easy and pounds the living crap out of dante just like what he did to agra the demon king.

Old Post May 30th, 2008 09:21 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

From what I've seen, Dante seriously speedblitzes this guy.

Old Post May 30th, 2008 01:30 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papa Borzarou

True, Dante would run rings round Gene, slicing and dicing him up nice and proper! Even if Gene used his more powerful roulette moves, Dante may get knocked off his feet but would stylishly regain his balance and throw a cocky insult! Yes they may both be cocky, but Gene would get incredibly pissed off when fighting the son of Sparda, hes just too fast and too powerful for him!

But, if Gene was given Beowulf for the fight, it would make it a tad more interesting!

Old Post Jun 1st, 2008 09:32 PM
Papa Borzarou is currently offline Click here to Send Papa Borzarou a Private Message Find more posts by Papa Borzarou Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Terryc250

Does Dante get QS?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2008 10:04 PM
Terryc250 is currently offline Click here to Send Terryc250 a Private Message Find more posts by Terryc250 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

Re: Dante (DMC3) vs Gene (Godhand)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Papa Borzarou
He can also use all 4 styles.
Correction: Dante's got 6 styles in DMC3.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2008 11:38 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rascaduanok
any% speedrunner

But in DMC3 he can’t switch between them, so he will remain locked to only one of the 6 for the whole match!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 11:43 AM
Rascaduanok is currently offline Click here to Send Rascaduanok a Private Message Find more posts by Rascaduanok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papa Borzarou

Re: Re: Dante (DMC3) vs Gene (Godhand)

Originally posted by Raijin
Correction: Dante's got 6 styles in DMC3.

yes i am aware of that, I maybe didnt make it obvious but I have excluded Quicksilver and Doppelganger due to overestimation of their powers and Gene has enough to tackle let alone these styles.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 01:44 PM
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

Elaborate, please.
Originally posted by Rascaduanok
But in DMC3 he can’t switch between them, so he will remain locked to only one of the 6 for the whole match!
But clearly it's just a game mechanic, since in DMC4 he can do it without any hasle and nothing in either games explain why that is.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 01:56 PM
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Dante and Gene have gotta be some of the coolest cats in VGs, I like Dante a bit more but that wont stop me from admittin he gets his thrashed heavily by the lesser known Gene.

Wit the stipulations of this fight he gets his ass knocked into the stratospher or kicked into space, and as rididculous as that sounds I'm serious, cuz he could actually do it, no joke.

If they were given all their powers and stuff, Dante's still gonna lose...HARD. The only thing dante could have goin for'im is QS and that's useles cuz Gene's God Reels slow down time as well. Or he good just actually use the powers of the God Hands to give himself God Speed like in the game.

Dante is still my ace tho.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 07:17 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rascaduanok
any% speedrunner

Originally posted by Raijin
Elaborate, please.
But clearly it's just a game mechanic, since in DMC4 he can do it without any hasle and nothing in either games explain why that is.
DMC4 takes place after DMC (the first one). DMC takes place after DMC3. Obviously in DMC3 we encountered a young Dante only coming into his powers. It seems to me he needs to fully focus his mind to one Art at a time because he can’t concentrate his powers enough to switch between them on the fly. So he can only use one style at a time. By the time he reaches DMC4 he has honed his prowess to such a degree he can freely switch between styles.

Hell, you can even think of things like Distorted Real Impact as a remnant of his Doppelganger style! Other things in #3 have become an automatic part of his combat mechanics in #4 which supports my thoughts above. For example you can’t do crazy combos, but he tends to go into them automatically as a part of his fighting technique: million stabs from Stinger and his Rebellion Combo, Honeycomb Fire and Rainstorm — none of them require crazy mashing, but he has made those crazy combos into an integral part of his style. So he has obviously improved, which includes the ability to alternate between styles on the fly.

Papa Borzarou specified DMC3 Dante, not DMC4 Dante. DMC3 Dante cannot switch styles without a divinity statue or restarting the fight against Gene.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 07:31 PM
Rascaduanok is currently offline Click here to Send Rascaduanok a Private Message Find more posts by Rascaduanok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

If we consider Dante to have all his styles in DMC 4, since it's after DMC 3, then he should have 7 styles. You guys forgot about Dark Slayer. He's not as good at that one as Vergil, but he obviously knows enough to be able to use Yamato better than Nero.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 07:56 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

This gene sounds powerful, maybe he could make an interesting Kain fight, or both of these cats VS Kain

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 08:00 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papa Borzarou

Originally posted by Jedah Materia
Dante and Gene have gotta be some of the coolest cats in VGs, I like Dante a bit more but that wont stop me from admittin he gets his thrashed heavily by the lesser known Gene.

Wit the stipulations of this fight he gets his ass knocked into the stratospher or kicked into space, and as rididculous as that sounds I'm serious, cuz he could actually do it, no joke.

If they were given all their powers and stuff, Dante's still gonna lose...HARD. The only thing dante could have goin for'im is QS and that's useles cuz Gene's God Reels slow down time as well. Or he good just actually use the powers of the God Hands to give himself God Speed like in the game.

Dante is still my ace tho.

But the opponent that Gene has knocked into the stratosphere will come crashing back down to earth if their life bar is not diminished. Call this a game mechnanic but it still should be brought into consideration.
Gene has a great degree of mad martial art expertise as well as some powerful roulette special moves, but i don't think they are enough to overcome the son of Sparda, even at his weakest in DMC3. Only a Gene with both Godhands would stand a fighting chance.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 11:25 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Gene aint that great a video game character. I cant even believe someone would blow money off to make such a crappy game. Dante is gonna kill this man and I cant even see a 1% chance of him owning Dante.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2008 05:43 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

No comment. Haven't played Godhand, so I can't judge this fight.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2008 09:42 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Gene aint that great a video game character. I cant even believe someone would blow money off to make such a crappy game. Dante is gonna kill this man and I cant even see a 1% chance of him owning Dante.

Such a great argument.
All biased and what not.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2008 09:59 PM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

One of Genes finishing moves is spanking a person. Wtf kind of fighting is that?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2008 02:43 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Originally posted by Nemesis X
One of Genes finishing moves is spanking a person. Wtf kind of fighting is that?

Spanking a female, was meant to be humorous.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2008 03:07 AM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by GenomeFrozener
Spanking a female, was meant to be humorous.

I saw Gene even spank men. That dude's gay.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2008 04:03 AM