KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What happened to the zombies in Resident Evil?!

What happened to the zombies in Resident Evil?!
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

What happened to the zombies in Resident Evil?!

After playing RE4 and seeing sneek peaks of RE5, I saw no zombies whatsoever. What on Earth is Capcom thinking? Zombies are what made Resident Evil awesome from the start but now, games like RE4 and RE5 are just games with the name Resident Evil but don't live up to it. Other creatures that'll be missed from the past are stealth lickers, Tyrants, the Nemesis, zombie hounds, zombie crows and other creatures.

I'm not saying RE4 and RE5 suck but I just think it's bad that they dont have what made Resident Evil... well... Resident Evil lol

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 02:22 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

They're also being much better received than the zombie games ever were lol

I guess that's what you call ironic xD

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 02:24 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Zombies? In my Resident Evil? It's less likely than you think!

There weren't zombies in the old games. There were infected host bodies being controlled by an advanced virus. Those host bodies happened to have a visual appearance and behavioral pattern similar to the mythical concept of zombies.

4 and 5 are the same, just parasites instead of virii. Though 5 might be another virus, if it's going to be connected to the Progenitor Virus...

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 02:37 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I like zombies.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 02:43 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by General Kaliero

There weren't zombies in the old games. There were infected host bodies being controlled by an advanced virus. Those host bodies happened to have a visual appearance and behavioral pattern similar to the mythical concept of zombies.

4 and 5 are the same, just parasites instead of virii. Though 5 might be another virus, if it's going to be connected to the Progenitor Virus...

Boom!

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 02:44 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by General Kaliero

1) Capcom even called the infected host bodies zombies

2) 5 has some virus that was laying dormant inside a volcano and it got loose and it infected a nearby African village (I think Umbrella unleashed it but I'm not sure because I got this info from wikipedia).

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 02:44 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

But the practical answer is this - they felt killing zombies over and over got boring and redundant. They were too slow and weren't threatening enough, hence the new enemies.

And RE4 is considered the best in the series, so I don't think they're too worried.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 02:46 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
1) Capcom even called the infected host bodies zombies

2) 5 has some virus that was laying dormant inside a volcano and it got loose and it infected a nearby African village (I think Umbrella unleashed it but I'm not sure because I got this info from wikipedia).

Doesn't change the fact that they are, in fact, not zombies. The games themselves make that fact very clear.

And indeed, it's noticable that the games improved once they changed up how the enemies acted.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 02:46 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

If you want zombies, Capcom gave you Dead Rising. Id rather have much better games like RE4 and likely RE5 than more of the old slow paced zombiefest which had gotten tired well before RE4.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 02:48 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Zombies are not boring! Zombies were what brought the chills while playing Resident Evil. For example, you always go down a hallway and you hear a zombie on the other side and you wait for it to appear but it doesnt. You go to the other side and a zombie suddenly attacks and you pee yourself while shouting "HOLY $#!*" and after that you attack it while your heart beats at a rapid rate that can nearly kill ya.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 02:55 AM
Peach
mordrem

Speak for yourself. The 'zombies' were never what frightened me in RE. I don't know anyone who did get the chills from them.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 02:58 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Zombies are not boring! Zombies were what brought the chills while playing Resident Evil. For example, you always go down a hallway and you hear a zombie on the other side and you wait for it to appear but it doesnt. You go to the other side and a zombie suddenly attacks and you pee yourself while shouting "HOLY $#!*" and after that you attack it while your heart beats at a rapid rate that can nearly kill ya.

The only thing scary about zombie were the crimson heads in the remake. Slow and laughable enemies arent scary, the scares of old school RE were always shock value. The new RE is all about the tension created by the new formidable enemies.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 03:00 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Personally, I was more afraid of the Hunters and those damn crows. And the Cerberi. The infected humans were cake.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 03:00 AM
Peach
mordrem

Hounds leaping at you through windows is what did it for me...

And the crows, I remember despising those damn things.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 03:02 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Peach
Hounds leaping at you through windows is what did it for me...

And the crows, I remember despising those damn things.

Same here.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 03:04 AM
jinXed by JaNx

i prefer zombie's to insane colonial towns people. Insane Africans sounds cool, but i bet not as cool as zombie's.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 02:05 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Zombies are in Dead Rising, go play that.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 02:11 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Re: What happened to the zombies in Resident Evil?!

After playing RE4 and seeing sneek peaks of RE5, I saw no zombies whatsoever. What on Earth is Capcom thinking? Zombies are what made Resident Evil awesome from the start but now, games like RE4 and RE5 are just games with the name Resident Evil but don't live up to it. Other creatures that'll be missed from the past are stealth lickers, Tyrants, the Nemesis, zombie hounds, zombie crows and other creatures.

I'm not saying RE4 and RE5 suck but I just think it's bad that they dont have what made Resident Evil... well... Resident Evil lol

It would seem that Capcom saw that zombies in Resident Evil were getting a little old and decided to try something new in RE4 and that became a huge hit being the best RE game thus far and they decided to just expand on that then returning to the old outdated formula.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 10:32 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Re: Re: What happened to the zombies in Resident Evil?!

Originally posted by ESB -1138
It would seem that Capcom saw that zombies in Resident Evil were getting a little old and decided to try something new in RE4 and that became a huge hit being the best RE game thus far and they decided to just expand on that then returning to the old outdated formula.

and moved the zombies to there new "franchise" Dead rising.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 10:02 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

BRAINS!!!!!

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 03:15 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote