KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Hellgate: London

Hellgate: London
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

This is a game set in Post-Apocalyptic London. It's and RPG and an FPS at the same time apparently...

Here are some screenshots: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/hell...creenindex.html

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post May 1st, 2005 05:00 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MetallicaT
Vicarious

looks very good to me, its made by the creators of diablo, pcgamer talked about it in their issue last month or the month befor...i think its a really good idea to combine FPS and RPG

Old Post May 1st, 2005 11:41 PM
MetallicaT is currently offline Click here to Send MetallicaT a Private Message Find more posts by MetallicaT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Yeah it looks pretty good

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 12:07 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Combining RPG and FPS?

Dues Ex did it already and alot of RPG's are from the first person perspective.

Hellgate aint a FPS. Your Unreal Tournment skills will mean nothing because all the aiming in this game is done by RPG stat's. I think you basically control the shooting like you would in Diablo. Its a click fest and the accuracy is controlled by how well your character's stats are in aiming. Its a mystery on how good that will work out.

Its looks cool and I love to see a game thats based in post-apocalptic setting. I would love to see a FPS in this setting.
I guess I'll just have to wait for Stalker.

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 03:05 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I hope it is like a normal FPS game when it comes to the gameplay (combat and so forth)

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 10:05 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Its not going to be.
In PG Gamer, they said its not a FPS at all.

Aiming is completly stat based, so aiming like you would do in FPS is useless. I think its going to be a click fest.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 01:49 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian

Dues Ex did it already

Its looks cool and I love to see a game thats based in post-apocalptic setting. I would love to see a FPS in this setting.
I guess I'll just have to wait for Stalker.

I was gong to point that out but you beat me to it!

i cant wait for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. either, i wonder how you can tell stick out tongue

http://www.myspace.com/chickinmeat

Old Post May 4th, 2005 03:19 AM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Nah, really?

Haha.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 03:28 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

http://www.gametrailers.com/player....wmv&pl=game

E3 2k6 Trailer... its so awesome (cinematic)

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 12th, 2006 02:31 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

(please log in to view the image)

LMFAO THEY HAVE WIRT THE PEGLEG BOY!!

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 01:35 AM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hellgate London

LOOK AT THIS!!!

AWSOME!!!

GAME!!!

apparently a bit of a diablo 3, awsome FPS/RPG game with weopons, classes, guns AND swords, combinations of classes all in the style of HACK AND SLASH, kill, loot and gain all kinds of awsome Loot and equipment and then KILL A BIG ONE!!! for even better loot and then KILL A BIGGER ONE, and so on and so forth...fun...FUN....FUN

http://www.hellgatelondon.com/

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 10:29 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yup, this one has been big on the horizon for a while now.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 10:33 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

yes indeed, an awsome offline RPG you can play and enjoy without others or if you choose go online for FREE and play....blissful fun...and ive heard according to a few sites that its coming out 13th of october so if their right (prob not knowing my luck) then we will be havin ourselves one hell of a party Happy Dance

Old Post Sep 19th, 2006 06:51 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

YEA!!

Old Post Sep 19th, 2006 07:31 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...te+forumid%3A66 heh..

and yeah I plan on getting this one.. a game that finally shows what paladins (templar) are supposed to be like

Old Post Sep 19th, 2006 12:03 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

its awsome, also its more RPG than FPS which is cool, skills and such.....diffrent classes and hundreds of diffrent weapons that are highly modable and some unique, should be awsome and out 13th OCT according to a few sources

Old Post Sep 19th, 2006 12:28 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

delete this thread if there alrdy one on it, i used the search engine but i didnt find the thread

Old Post Sep 19th, 2006 12:29 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

interesting.. I havent even heard it was going into beta yet.. most people seem under the impression that early next year is a likely release date

Hellgate forums on gamespot : http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/hell...&pid=927136

Old Post Sep 19th, 2006 04:10 PM
an_old_wonderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...te+forumid%3A66 heh..

and yeah I plan on getting this one.. a game that finally shows what paladins (templar) are supposed to be like

i went on the search for it too cause i remember it existing but i couldnt find it, so i was like "wth?" big grin

Old Post Sep 19th, 2006 10:56 PM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

lol...i knew there was one too, didnt bother checking tho..no expression

Old Post Sep 20th, 2006 02:34 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote