KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » The Top Stupid Things the Characters Do

The Top Stupid Things the Characters Do
Started by: willofthewisp

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

The Top Stupid Things the Characters Do

Everyone share!

COTBP

Will: Hitting Jack with the oar, screwed up the whole thing.

DMC

Will: Agreeing to go out and get the compass in the first place. Even if he got it, who's to say he wouldn't find Elizabeth hanging from a noose anyway? You're looking for a pirate who has his own ship and can travel the world, so it could take months, years even, to find Jack. Not only that, but starting in Tortuga? The Caribbean's most "wretched hive of scum and villainy," to quote Star Wars? They'll just lie to you and steal the buckles off your shoes!

AWE:

Will: I don't know...trying to outwit about 3 pirate lords at the same time? Yeah, Will goes all piratey and it's great, especially with Beckett and Davy, but you don't trust Sao Feng to make a deal with you and you don't expect Jack or Barbossa to welcome you back with open arms. Thank goodness you're a blacksmith and you knew how to get out of the brig on your own or you might have been stuck waiting outside during the Brethren Court meeting playing with your Tomagachi.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 04:37 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

steal the buckles off your shoes... HAHAHAHAA.....

COTBP

Elizabeth: dressing up fancy to go watch Jack hang. I suppose this is more mean than stupid, but either way... never understood that part.

Barbossa: Not killing Jack once and for all when he had the chance. Jack's escaped the island once--- why would he think it wouldn't happen again? Makes me wonder if Barbossa likes Jack more than he lets on.

DMC

Elizabeth: Man alive, she makes so many bad and stupid decisions in this, it's hard to even begin... 1st, leaving Beckett alive. Why didn't she shoot him?!? 2nd, betraying Jack... with a kiss. She should have known it would have long term repercussions for her little heart. 3rd. Not telling Will ANYTHING. This couple has no communication skills. They don't talk about anything.

AWE

Elizabeth: Going with Sao Feng. What the crap did she think she was going to do, fight off a ship full of pirates single handedly? 2nd, marrying Will. This is not a shipper bias. This is lack of foresight.

Davy Jones: Pretty much everything he does in this film is stupid...

Beckett: Not having a plan B.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 06:56 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Spot-on, Kate! I'm in full agreement. Although my thinking for Liz being dressed up is maybe she's not so dressed up. She's a rich girl...maybe that's an every day dress?

COTBP

Barbossa: While trying to kill Jack in the exact same way as a way that didn't work 10 years ago was pretty stupid, it was also stupid to assume Liz was Bootstrap's daughter. Who among us constantly has on our person something our dad gave us? Plus, how many people out there have the last name Turner? It's like trying on a glass slipper. Not only that, but she doesn't look like Bootstrap at all and why did Jack seem to know that Bootstrap had a son but Barbossa didn't? Was Bootstrap's family so secret that he only told Jack about them?

DMC: Not that he's around much, but I'd be a little nervous to captain a ship full of all my enemies, especially people who are friends with the guy that killed me.

AWE: Well, I'm going to go with releasing Calypso. Why? What good did it do? If there had been no maelstrom, the Pearl and the Flying Dutchman probably wouldn't have gotten close enough for people to swing across, but oh well. All it did was get everyone wet and maybe, just maybe, if Will hadn't had the opportunity to swing across, he wouldn't have gotten stabbed and there could have been some other solution than what we got.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 08:00 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

LMAO LMAO LMAO!!!

COTBP

Liz: Not jump after Jack when he fell of the fort wall and into the bay! Screw Will, he looked like a eunach in the Hat anyway...not at all like the PIRATE she said he was...Pa-lease!! Hun if you want a real Pirate, i'd suggest you risk the jump!! (and now that I think about it Why when Elizabeth says "No he's a Pirate!" at the end doesnt Will flinch in disgust to be associated with the rotten-filths he dispised being associated with yet when DMC and AWE rolls around he's back to hating them again?)

Jack: Passing the point of Intoxication on RUM RUNNER's ISLAND! My bet is on that he would have gotten lucky! Only that time she would have been Miss-Slake-her-lust-and-thist-then-burn-the-rum!

DMC

Jack: Held onto her after she shackled him. Eventually she would have screamed for help or someone would have come looking for her and realized that Jack was shackled and helped!

Liz: Not kiss him that second time! What an idiot!

AWE

Jack: Didn't talk much to Lizzie.

Liz: Didn't talk much to Jack.

Will: Exisited!....ok ok...donned a Bandana and sported the manliner and forever be ridiculed as a Captain Jack Sparrow wannabe! Sheesh if he did it only to make Liz feel better towards her desicion in marrying him, well the jokes on you pal! Cause guess what Jack and Liz are still in the realm of the Living and u wont get to see her for another 10 years! MWAHAHAHA! She could have the real deal wheneva she wants...lol...but Dont trip Chocolate Chip I'm sure Jack will take EXTREMELY GOOD CARE OF HER!!! evil face lol

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Last edited by PirateDiva on Apr 9th, 2008 at 08:59 AM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 08:55 AM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

oh YES YES YES Diva, so true... damn that Will Turner for existing... LOL.

COTBP

Norrington: trusting a distraught kidnapped woman with his heart, to the point he's off to save another man for her... he should have seen the signs.

ALSO: not calling in major back-up at the last scene. He's trying to kill the legendary Captain Jack Sparrow for goodness sakes, not just some average joe criminal. he should have thought ahead and planned it out more, because Will and Jack put up one heck of a fight for just being two guys.

Will: Getting into a swordfight with Jack Sparrow. What was that about? Don't they teach you to COMPLY to an armed assailant who just wants drug money or to escape???

Governor Swann: Trying to give his daughter fashion advice.

DMC:

Elizabeth: The clothes, the hair... Oy.

James: Making very important decisions while still plastered off his ass.

Swann: Seriously under-estimating his daughter, to the point he's put his life on the line. He clearly didn't take "midnight escapes 101" in school.

Belamy and his crew: Could they really not identify Liz as a woman? With those cheekbones? And second, did NOT ONE of them think to look up during the dress spirit scene? Just to be sure it was a spirit and not a hoax? And whose bright idea was it to bring the WHELP aboard?

The Kraken: Killing Jack Sparrow. When you kill someone Beckett loves, you're bound to get punished for it.

AWE:

Tia Dalma: Forgetting her "break out of the brig" spell handbook. Sure, she can bring someone back to life, she can predict the future, but she can't get out of a brig?

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 01:32 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

quote: (post)
Originally posted by katelovespirate
The Kraken: Killing Jack Sparrow. When you kill someone Beckett loves, you're bound to get punished for it.

LMAO! So right!

James

COTBP: While it's probably not the stupidest thing he's ever done, it's always bothered me. When Elizabeth passes out and falls into the water, why even bother screaming "Elizabeth?" She can't exactly pop up and say, "yoo hoo, just kidding."

DMC: Taking the heart ring a bell?

AWE: You know, it was great his last act was helping Elizabeth and her crew escape, but what was so wrong about going with them? So Bootstrap's going a little wild. So what? No one was around and Bootstrap didn't have a gun. If James had just followed her, yeah, Davy Jones and his crew would know their prisoners escaped, but they're controlled by Beckett. They can't go around doing whatever they want anymore, and by this point, Beckett knows all the pirates are going to Shipwreck Cove. He'd just order them all to wait. So James could have gone with her and maybe things would have been a lot different. Or not. We'll never know.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 08:14 PM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Originally posted by katelovespirate
COTBP

ALSO: not calling in major back-up at the last scene. He's trying to kill the legendary Captain Jack Sparrow for goodness sakes, not just some average joe criminal. he should have thought ahead and planned it out more, because Will and Jack put up one heck of a fight for just being two guys.

AWE:

Tia Dalma: Forgetting her "break out of the brig" spell handbook. Sure, she can bring someone back to life, she can predict the future, but she can't get out of a brig?

LMAO!! Ya especially considering that Norrington actually said something along the lines of expecting some grand escape from Jack...lol!

And sooo true about Tia! lol

COTBP

Will: Didn't shoot himself....would have saved us all a lot of heartbreak!

Jack: Offer Will love advice, when he himself can't even get it together in that department...and with the same woman as Will no less!

Barbossa: Falling for Jack's "half me plunder" speech. Didn't he know that Jack was only buttering him up? Commadore Barbossa *snorts* Yea right!

DMC

Will: Tell Elizabeth to guard the chest...hasn't he got the point already? THAT WOMAN NEVER DOES WHAT SHE's TOLD!!!

Liz: Killed Jack. (im still a little bitter about that)

Norri: Start a bar fight!

AWE

Jack: Left the Pearl alone knowing that Barbossa was there in Tortuga at the same time! Tsk Tsk Tsk

Liz: Married Will!

Will: Insisted upon marrying the woman who tells him he can't trust her!

Oh and the King of the Pirates! (had he not died did he really think he was gonna be able to have a normal live in society with the Pirate King!?)

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 02:50 AM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tramps Lady
Blaine

COTBP

Will: Didn't shoot himself....would have saved us all a lot of heartbreak!

LMAO!!!!!!!

COTBP:

Barbie: Named the monkey Jack...now I'm in love with the monkeysmile

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 04:48 AM
Tramps Lady is currently offline Click here to Send Tramps Lady a Private Message Find more posts by Tramps Lady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Mercer: The guy hardly ever makes a bad move, yet dies a really disgusting death. My mom hid her eyes from it. So what did this guy do that was so stupid? Anyone have any ideas there?

Jack: (COTBP) We begin to see a pattern of him assuming everyone else just knows his plans through osmosis. Yes, he had a great plan, but never telling Will or anyone else about it just ended up getting him marooned with Liz. Oh wait, maybe that's not so stupid?

DMC: Ha ha! Jack does quite a few stupid things in this one. Probably the dumbest thing ever was deciding that even though he would have to serve on Davy Jones' crew, why not just spend 10 years looking for the Pearl instead? Barbossa could have kept it for a while and Jack could have found that key and chest a long time ago and THEN steal back the Pearl, but no. He gives himself a matter of days to find two very elusive objects. Good thinking there.

AWE: Yes! I'm in agreement with Diva. So what did he think, he and Barbossa were the best of friends and could trust each other?

Jack: Stay here and watch the ship. I'm going to go pick up my wenches.

Barbossa: (salutes him) That's a 10-4, new best friend.

Gibbs: Say, that's quite a smart looking toy bear you've got there...

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 01:06 PM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

CoTBP

Will: choosing that hat! I think the hat looked.. well, stupid...

DMC

Liz: Seriously, who'd kill Jack? Or rather, kiss Jack then leave him to die? or something!

AWE

Liz: Not telling Will anything immediately. Look, he's still your fiance, you should tell him things... that's how relationships work...

Will: Marrying Liz - how blind are you, man?! The girl doesn't tell you anything at first, breaks your heart, leaves no reason for you to trust her(well, sort of), obviously also loves another party, and you still end up asking her to marry you? Come on! seriously!

Gibbs: Come on, I know the teddy bear was adorable, but you shouldn't have slept, mate! 'Cause of you, the Pearl's gone again, taken by Barbossa! Not sure if you could've stopped him or anything, but if you were awake, you would've figured out something to stop that mutinous captain!

Beckett: Blacking out at the end, much? I know you were sooo close, then everything like, completely fell apart, but hey, you should've just play run and saved your skin, err, just, you should've done something! anything! even if it would've gotten you killed anyway!

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 01:15 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

These are snippets from some of the commentaries on the dvds. Whose stupid idea was it to not make it a sparrabeth ending?

COTBP (Jack Davenport and Keira Knightley commentary)
[Elizabeth falls, Norrington moves to dive after her]
Jack Davenport: He's a bally hero, look at that.
Keira Knightley: Taking your jacket off, that was lovely.
Jack Davenport: Look at my lovely medal.
Keira Knightley: It must be love, babe.
Jack Davenport: That's why the Commodore's lot in life is not a happy one.
Keira Knightley: But Johnny Depp comes to rescue me!
Jack Davenport: Know what I mean? It's like, you could have had me in the white wig but no, we've got Mr Caribbean Sex.

Jack Davenport: [Elizabeth chooses Will] How can you go out with a guy with that big a feather in his hat?

Old Post Apr 11th, 2008 01:05 AM
katelovespirate

Originally posted by willofthewisp

Jack: Stay here and watch the ship. I'm going to go pick up my wenches.

Barbossa: (salutes him) That's a 10-4, new best friend.

Gibbs: Say, that's quite a smart looking toy bear you've got there...

HAHAHAHA SO TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Apr 11th, 2008 03:10 AM
texgodiva2s
IyamwhatIyam

Oh, my, ImpPiDiva!!!!!!

MANLINER???????? Good golly miz molly!! That may well be the bestest of the best.

Oh, and not packing for really cold weather in AWE--being such an intense baby when it comes to cold weather--not having big coats and blankkies and mittens and hats and SOCKS!! bout killed me.

Siggy by Savvy wink

Old Post Apr 11th, 2008 03:58 AM
texgodiva2s is currently offline Click here to Send texgodiva2s a Private Message Find more posts by texgodiva2s Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

aww....god bless the Jack D. mmmmmm *huggles him* I lub the ice cream wig....

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Apr 11th, 2008 12:14 PM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Yes, sailor. I'm going to watch that whole commentary now. I've heard it's about as hilarious as T&T's if not more so. Gore's and Johnny's bores me a little, unfortunately, but parts of theirs are so funny, mainly due to Johnny's embarassment. Turns out, he had wanted make-up to show that at one time Jack's nose had been cut off and sewn back on, but they all said no to that.

He's also extremely embarassed with his scene with Keira.

Johnny: [paraphrasing] Father Time sitting with his arm around this innocent 17 year old girl.

Gore: (laughing) But that's what's so honest. Jack really thinks he's going to get lucky with her.

Johnny: Yeah, poor bastard.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2008 12:49 PM
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

I honestly love all the commentaries and was VERY VERY upset that AWE lacked one.

These are so funny dudes!! Keep them going I LMAO at the one with Barbossa and Jack being best friends

Freedom...

Old Post Apr 19th, 2008 11:31 AM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I'm still waiting on Mercer's stupid move. He has to have one...

COTBP
James: You know, as stupid as listening to Murtogg and Mullroy can be, James really should have realized involving Jack in following the Pearl was a good idea. If they hadn't said anything, there wouldn't have been a movie. But no, he had his own plan and Will decided to be the maverick and recruit Jack. You lost the girl here, James.

DMC: Stealing the heart ring a bell? Oh, that, and if you've been kicked out of the military for about a year or so, stop wearing your uniform. That wig is part of the uniform and it just makes him look deranged.

AWE: Aw, I got on him earlier about all that. I'll give James a break.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2008 01:26 PM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

COTBP:

Norrington:

Stupid move #1: Turn his back on Elizabeth! What kind of husband would u b letting his soon-to-b-fiance falling off high walls! He Can't even protect her! (but honestly i cringe everytime I see Norrie take Elizabeth's "I cant breathe" line as an ice breaker! Poor Bloke he was soo nervous! lol) (though I cant complain cause this allowed our Jack and Lizzie to stare into each others desiring eyes, thus setting forth one of the greatest tragic love stories of all time *sighs*)

Stupid move #2: Falling for Elizabeth's "Please do this for me, as a wedding gift" line....Sorry Boi, gal played ya fer a FOOL! lol

Stupid Move #3: HE LET JACK SPARROW GO!! LMAO!! (though I ain't complaining) But still u spend the whole movie chasing after him and once u capture him, u let him gooo!...Hangman's Noose here u come! lol

DMC:

Norrie: Have I mentioned starting a Bar fight?....Well if i havnt...Starting a bar fight, all by his lonesome, and in TORTUGA no less! geez!

AWE:

Norrie: You just had to go and Kiss Elizabeth didnt u! Dont ya know the woman is cursed with the KISS OF DEATH!!! Again poor bloke! It's alright Norrie, there have been many a strong man who have gone down by the likes of that Beautiful Minx! u r not alone!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 06:50 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I have found the ultimate stupid thing anyone's ever done, courtesy of imdb.

"After 10 years, wouldn't the captain be able to stay on land and leave the Dutchman, considering his love was real?"

"The first assembly cut of At World's End was three hours. Twenty minutes were removed, not including end credits, though producer Jerry Bruckheimer maintained that the long running time was needed to make the final battle work in terms of build-up. One scene cut explained that if Calypso had greeted Davy Jones after his ten years of ferrying dead souls, then he would have been freed of his duty; in turn, Will is freed of his captaincy as Elizabeth remains faithful to him ten years later. However, as the film stands, with the particular scene cut out of the final version of the film, Will can only see Elizabeth and their son just one day every ten years."

So there we have something of an explanation. What if Disney strong-armed T&T into not doing a commentary so as not to cause confusion? Or what if T&T were so upset by a huge concept of their story being changed that they refused to do one? And the most important question is what the hell was cut? Those deleted scenes on youtube do not equal 20 minutes, no way.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2008 07:24 PM
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

What I don't get, when Will tells Lizzie to watch over the chest on the island when the men are fighting, she doesn't do it, like she never does what she is told to do.
So why does she do what she is told when she gets the second time the chest with his heart of Will to watch over and that for ten years????
And going back from being Pirate King to a fancy dressed society pussy??? I still don't get it!!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2008 09:49 PM
Jacky Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Jacky Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Jacky Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote