KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Batman Arkham Asylum

Batman Arkham Asylum
Started by: Hazsekswthurmom

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (42): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hazsekswthurmom
African nipple cobra

Batman Arkham Asylum

Old Post Aug 18th, 2008 01:55 AM
Hazsekswthurmom is currently offline Click here to Send Hazsekswthurmom a Private Message Find more posts by Hazsekswthurmom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Indeed it does

Old Post Aug 18th, 2008 02:02 AM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

looks sick. Joker looks great, love the riddler's room. And Killer Croc looks beast mode. Definitely checking this one out.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2008 02:03 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I hope it turns out well. The Joker looks very Nicholson in one picture.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2008 02:04 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Yeah, I spazzed a bit when I read that article. The only thing I could think of at this point that could make it better is if Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill voice Batman and the Joker, respectively.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2008 03:32 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Hopefully it's more free-form than most Batman games, or superhero games in general. A belt of goodies and a cadre of skills, with a diverse environment to use them in, is far better than scripted encounters.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2008 04:13 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Damn, that looks really good.

If Mark Hamill voiced Joker(and it even mentions there is a good possibility), that would be Godly, Mark Hamill's role as Joker was legendary.

I love all the character's looks, particuarily Killer Croc.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2008 04:20 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DX5
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ah, links don't work.

The only game I'm currently interested in with heroes in it is DC vs MK.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2008 06:34 AM
DX5 is currently offline Click here to Send DX5 a Private Message Find more posts by DX5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I thought the next Batman game would be based on the movie "Dark Knight". There were interviews saying that was going to happen.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2008 07:25 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Yeah, that didnt go through. Analyst say EA missed out on over a $100 million by not making one. There are still rumors that one might come out though.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2008 02:12 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I thought the next Batman game would be based on the movie "Dark Knight". There were interviews saying that was going to happen.

Apparently "The Dark Knight" video game was being developed by Pandemic and will be published by EA, but kept things very quiet, because they were unhappy with the game, and they put the rest of the team on Mercenaries 2.

so they own the rights to make games based on the movie, however Eidos owns the rights to make batman games based on the comics, this game is not the movie tie in that gary oldman was talking about

Old Post Aug 18th, 2008 03:49 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

well im glad cuz a dark knight game would suck but this game should be great, although killer croc looks like he'll beat batmans ass in this

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 02:39 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I like the look of it, but as i have said they really should not have marketed linear gameplay as a positive aspect.

Still it looks fantastic....but it's not just the look that makes a good game.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 02:41 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
I like the look of it, but as i have said they really should not have marketed linear gameplay as a positive aspect.

Still it looks fantastic....but it's not just the look that makes a good game.

Arkham Asylum, linear? They specifically said it wasn't linear, and was based on open exploration, like Metroid Prime.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 02:43 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

i cant wait to beast up penguin? any word on Bane making an appearance?

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 02:45 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Arkham Asylum, linear? They specifically said it wasn't linear, and was based on open exploration, like Metroid Prime.

and yet they said it would not be an open ended world spider-man clone.

Only "specific locations" which comes to my mind as Linear.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 03:33 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

but he means by non linier is that u dont have to follow a specific road and can explore arkham alittle

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 04:38 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
and yet they said it would not be an open ended world spider-man clone.

Only "specific locations" which comes to my mind as Linear.

It's not open as in "large open city," it's open as in "entire island asylum complex including the old forgotten buildings and as long as you can see it, you can go there." It's open-ended, inside a set location. Like I said; think Metroid.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 05:10 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Hmm i see...yeah that would work well.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 07:13 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Did anyone notice that Batmans face looks alot like George Clooney? Anyways this is going to be the best Batman game ever, let's just hope that they don't fall short, by giving him repetitive combat moves. This is what plagued Assassins Creed.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 08:31 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote