KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Big Boss vs Solidus Snake

Big Boss vs Solidus Snake
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Big Boss vs Solidus Snake

The Big Shell.

George Sears, codename Soldius Snake, is not having the best of days.

His 'son,' Raiden, assisted by the real Solid Snake, had shot down his Harrier. Worse yet, the confrontation had cost him his left eye.

On top of that, there is a rampaging Ninja lurking around the Big Shell. But now, there is a new character that has come to play...

...and he looks just like Solidus.

The man has taken down Fortune, an incredible feat in itself by shooting several crates on top of her head, resulting in an instant knockout. He has even taken out several of the Gurlokovitch mercenaries and a couple of Arsenal Tengu using advanced CQC.

Following Raiden's attempt to destroy the RAY army, Solidus, Ocelot, Fortune and Solid Snake are on the Gear's deck when the newcomer makes his prescence known.

A man who indeed looks like Solidus, save for the trenchcoat concealing his FOXHOUND uniform, the cigar he was currently smoking and more importantly, the eyepatch over his right eye.

Solid: It...it can't be...! You're....

Ocelot: Big...

Solidus: Boss!

Big Boss, the legendary soldier and former FOXHOUND commander, thought to have been dead back in Zanzibarland, has resurfaced. Armed with The Boss' trademark Patriot, he has wrecked havoc on Solidus' forces.

Now, Big Boss is face to face with two of his 'sons.'

Big Boss: (to Solidus) It's like looking in a mirror...only not. Now..what was that line you said back on the bridge? 'The boss to surpass Big Boss?' Would you like to put that to the test?

Solidus: Fine by me! (draws his dual katanas and drops the tentacles) There can only be one Snake, and one Big Boss! You will die by my hand, father!

Big Boss removes the trenchcoat and readies the Patriot in one hand.

Big Boss: You are not in the same league as me. Get ready!

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 03:59 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I don't see why Solidus can't take it.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 06:00 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

i'd give it to the coolest vg character ever made: Big Boss

RIP sad

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 02:42 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

And how will Big Boss defeat an exact replica of himself with a power suit that vastly increases his speed and makes him pretty much immune to any harm(MGS Database states this) who is wielding 2 katanas and has shown he can deflect bullets with ease.

Only reason Raiden won is because Snake gave him the HF blade and with it Jack was able to to cut Solidus's spine and therefor he lost the ability to control the suit.

Big Boss does not have the HF blade.

At best they stalemate since the Patriot is infinite and doesn't need to reload.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 07:41 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

................i just got owned

I hate you SBP!!!
*runs upstairs to his room, jumps on his bed and cries like a girl*

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 09:14 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Betterman

Big Boss made a cool entrance too lol.

As for the fight, it's going to be quite a sight. Being the exact clone of Big Boss, Solidus has no genetic edge on him like Liquid did on Solid Snake (even though snake won). Big Boss' experience will definitely give him an edge (as well as unlimited ammo), but Solidus' suit and sword play will give him an edge as well. It was a shame that you took away his tentacles, because that would've made the fight even more interesting. Furthermore, I believe that this Big Boss is the older Big Boss (Sean Connery look alike). So his age might affect him. And if Big Boss, was defeated not once, but twice to the genetic "garbage" of Solid Snake, Solidus might have a shot. However, I believe that Big Boss' experience and skill will grant him victory. After all, it was Snake's skill and determination that allowed him to surpass Big Boss even though he was genetically inferior.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2008 06:50 AM
Betterman is currently offline Click here to Send Betterman a Private Message Find more posts by Betterman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Did you miss MGS´s point? Genes mean crap. And I doubt Big Boss's age is that big of a problem. Heck Ocelot is in his late 60s\early 70s and his body is in perfect shape.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2008 06:32 PM
Betterman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Did you miss MGS´s point? Genes mean crap. And I doubt Big Boss's age is that big of a problem. Heck Ocelot is in his late 60s\early 70s and his body is in perfect shape.

I'm kind of insulted that you feel that I missed the point of MGS. I am a very big fan of the series. I said that skill was the reason for people's victories. Skill and determination. But they still came into play in the games and I commented on that.
As for age, it effects everyone. Ocelot is in perfect shape for HIS age. I mean, just look at MGS4 Snake has to play differently because of how vastly he's aged. But I agree with you that Big Boss would still be playing beastly. Just not as well physically as he was in MGS3. However, he has had more experience since then.
I believe it will be an hard fought battle. But Big Boss' experience as well as other advantages will grant him victory. Solidus' suit may great and all, but his face is still exposed and I believe that with his skill, Big Boss will find a way around Solidus' blocking bullets with his swords.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2008 09:22 AM
Betterman is currently offline Click here to Send Betterman a Private Message Find more posts by Betterman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Obviously, Ocelot has picked up Heihachi's workout video for seniors.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2008 10:35 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Obviously, Ocelot has picked up Heihachi's workout video for seniors.

or half of the tekken cast for that matter. i won't be surprised if in Tekken7 the Rolling Stones are playable characters laughing

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 04:16 PM
CosmicSurfer

If Solid Snake can beat Big Boss then why can't Solidus? Unless you want to argue that Solid is more skilled than Solidus.

I always thought that Liquid lost to Solid because of his inferiority complex not realizing that he in fact had the dominant genes.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 01:41 AM
CosmicSurfer is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicSurfer a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicSurfer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

You gay. stick out tongue

Yeah, Solidus should win.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 01:47 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

erm, are we all IDIOTS?! bigg bos is called big boss for a REASON. solidus might have the same dna but he doesnt have the same SKILLS!!!!!!!! lets see now, in pure hand to hand, big boss has defeated the boss, volgin, gene, and null!!!!! beat THAT solidus. big boss will definately defeat solidus, no prob, and the patriot is overkill. again the only two actually capable of defeating big boss were solid and liquid.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 12:51 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Solidus killed MEtal Gear Rays and did so easily.

He has a gun that shreds right through their armor.

He blocked their turret fire with his swords.

He has a suit that enhances his strength, speed, and durability.

He has Doc Ock tentacles that also shoot missiles.

And as for defeating Volgin in H2H combat, that fight reeked of PIS.

Solidus wins.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 05:13 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
erm, are we all IDIOTS?! bigg bos is called big boss for a REASON. solidus might have the same dna but he doesnt have the same SKILLS!!!!!!!! lets see now, in pure hand to hand, big boss has defeated the boss, volgin, gene, and null!!!!! beat THAT solidus. big boss will definately defeat solidus, no prob, and the patriot is overkill. again the only two actually capable of defeating big boss were solid and liquid.

...well at least he admits to being an idiot. that alone makes him 10x better than shinlemy. welcome to KMC, leon. don't let Dark-Jaxx and scare you smile

since big boss is my favorite videogame character of all time, i'm inclined to believe that he can beat Solidus. after all he did beat the Cobras.

quote:
And as for defeating Volgin in H2H combat, that fight reeked of PIS.

...then pvssyboy ryu taking blows from gouki is also PISerm

~Sado

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 06:18 PM
NemeBro

Not really, nothing to disprove it.

Naked Snake at the end of the day is still human, but had mad skillz.

Volgin at the end of the day, is a 7 foot tall dude, who punches through foot thick concrete walls with ease, who tanks RPG rockets, has a charge of 10,000,000 volts running through his body which he can use both for offense and defense, and can even fire friggin rifle rounds from his hands or levitate a dozen of them and fire them.

Oh, and he is a skilled boxer.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 06:34 PM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah, and Snake is a clever figher, has a lot of presence of mind and would have killed him in one move ON SCREEN! (when Volgin finds out that he's not Ivan Raikov and tries to shoot him but snake tosses him down with his CQC and could've shot him hadn't been for Boss blindsiding him for the millionth time)

as for the 10 million volts, he was shown on-screen, taking them to his body and face repeatedly before passing out. his damage soak is insane. is it possible? sure, if its in a game where people are making tommy guns out of hornets and an old man who can actually uses photosynthesis then yes *shrug*

~Sado

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 06:44 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Sado22
yeah, and Snake is a clever figher, has a lot of presence of mind and would have killed him in one move ON SCREEN! (when Volgin finds out that he's not Ivan Raikov and tries to shoot him but snake tosses him down with his CQC and could've shot him hadn't been for Boss blindsiding him for the millionth time)

as for the 10 million volts, he was shown on-screen, taking them to his body and face repeatedly before passing out. his damage soak is insane. is it possible? sure, if its in a game where people are making tommy guns out of hornets and an old man who can actually uses photosynthesis then yes *shrug*

~Sado
1. When Volgin underestimated Snake? Maybe. And I say maybe cause Volgin tanks rockets.

2. Okay dude, pay attention to that beating, Volgin was literally pulling his punches. He did not want to kill him. And Snake, despite having good damage soak, does not have better durability than Volgin. Who has much better damage soak than Snake.

Once punch from Volgin should have crushed Snake's bones.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 06:58 PM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
1. When Volgin underestimated Snake? Maybe. And I say maybe cause Volgin tanks rockets.

when did he tank rockets btw?

quote:
2. Okay dude, pay attention to that beating, Volgin was literally pulling his punches. He did not want to kill him. And Snake, despite having good damage soak, does not have better durability than Volgin. Who has much better damage soak than Snake.

we don't know that. from the looks of it, Volgin clearly said he wanted to make him suffer for killing Raikov. i doubt he was pulling his punches. notice also how Sokolov was killed within a few minutes even though he didn't mean to kill him. and its not like the punishment ended there. Volgin beat him to pulp for several mintues, then tied him up, punched him around more and electrocuted him till he peed his pants right. and he wasn't pulling his punches at all. not to mention, pulling his punches hardly means anything when he's got 10million volts in his fists at the time. and also, Ocelot even commends Snake for withstanding Volgin's tortures.
Big Boss=a real man
Volgin=pretty cool...but the bisexual part takes the shine off him

quote:
Once punch from Volgin should have crushed Snake's bones.

why? he wasn't shown to be meta or something.

~Sado

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 07:11 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Sado22
when did he tank rockets btw?

we don't know that. from the looks of it, Volgin clearly said he wanted to make him suffer for killing Raikov. i doubt he was pulling his punches. notice also how Sokolov was killed within a few minutes even though he didn't mean to kill him. and its not like the punishment ended there. Volgin beat him to pulp for several mintues, then tied him up, punched him around more and electrocuted him till he peed his pants right. and he wasn't pulling his punches at all. not to mention, pulling his punches hardly means anything when he's got 10million volts in his fists at the time. and also, Ocelot even commends Snake for withstanding Volgin's tortures.
Big Boss=a real man
Volgin=pretty cool...but the bisexual part takes the shine off him

why? he wasn't shown to be meta or something.

~Sado
1. I would have to find the bullshit. Pyron Knight posted it.

2. Said he wanted to make him suffer. How is he gonna suffer if he is dead? Sokolov...Is a skinny wimpy scientist. He was LITERALLY pulling his punches. When he punched he pulled back so it wouldn't have full impact. He wasn't pulling them in the torture scene, true. But said torture scene ended with Snake being bloodied, fvcked up, half dead, and missing an eye. He doesn't have to dump all his electricity in every punch.

...I'm bisexual. no expression

3. Ummm...Yeah, he actually WAS.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 07:18 PM