KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Future Of Gaming

The Future Of Gaming
Started by: Vinny Valentine

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

The Future Of Gaming

I would love to hear peoples opinions on this video, as I think it's actually very well put together.

Here's my question for you all though, COULD games ever become this popular? Could this idea actually come to play with a game so big? (Not saying Halo, I'm asking in general)

Watch and discuss, this is about the future of gaming as a whole, this video just is my example for it.

(Although it is a wicked video)

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 12:54 AM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Halo 7 and 8, lolz.

Ahaha, watching the intro to Halo 5 during the ban period. That's priceless.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 01:12 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

All that just to start over with pong; priceless.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 01:23 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I think that VR gaming will, eventually, become a crutial part of gaming.

Say what you will, even with the failure that was Nintendo's Virtual Boy, I feel that Virtual Reality gaming will come into play, what with the level of gaming we have achieved in this day and age.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 01:27 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I don't think it would be Halo though. I mean as big as Halo is some people tend to think it's more popular than it really is. No game will ever beat the best selling video game of all time with 40 million copies; Super Mario Bros. Halo sold 5 million and Halo 2 only 8 million compared to Mario games which sells over 10 million per game (main series with Sunshine and Land 2 be the only one not to reach that peak).

Super Mario Bros. (40.23 million)
Super Mario Bros. 3 (18 million)
Super Mario Bros. 2 (10 million)
Super Mario World (20 million)
Super Mario 64 (11 million)
Super Mario Sunshine (5.5 million)
Super Mario Land (14 million)
Super Mario Land 2 (2.7 million)
New Super Mario Bros. (10.52 million)

Mario has nearly sold over 200 million games.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 01:41 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

As influential as Super Mario Bros. has been over the last 20 years, I doubt that this title is the future of gaming.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 01:45 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

It won't. Not with the way society is changing.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 02:15 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Super Mario Galaxy was the most played game at E3 and everyone called it flawless and perfect.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 02:41 AM
Impediment
Endless

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Super Mario Galaxy was the most played game at E3 and everyone called it flawless and perfect.

And?

Explain how this is the future of gaming.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 03:23 AM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's the Wii. Wii is the future...and the present.

Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 03:32 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Bullshit.

The Wii is an advancement. Explain to me how the Wii future of gaming.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 03:44 AM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't know. It's just something I've heard from Nintendo fans.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 03:46 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

lol at the video. Vinny, I hope you aren't seriously asking about this sort of thing.

no expression

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 03:57 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Originally posted by DigiMark007
lol at the video. Vinny, I hope you aren't seriously asking about this sort of thing.

no expression

You'd know if I was serious

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 05:06 AM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

like the vid, altho no, no game wtih get to that stage....there will be populour titles, but i dont think any of the current games will ever get to that stage, i think someone may brng out a virtual reality supergame console at some point all of a sudden and a lot of the old games will end up being shoved aside for it

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 10:34 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

More team-up games like Mario & Sonic ohhh that's just great
More Sequels
More repetitive games
A golden Gem comes along and becomes dead popular and the cycle starts again

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 10:50 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can't wait for Final Fantasy 37.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 10:55 AM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Crysis is goign to be quite populour me thinks

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 11:03 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

because of directX 10 and Vista yes I believe so to.

Now this is by my own account.

But that film is really funny to watch, there will always be new games, and one day one will beat Halo Crysis I think is a good bet. Also you cannot continue to make games around the same object sooner ore later you will tire of that line of gaming. I played Halo I it was funny but I doesn't have a need to play it again that movie shot the game theme totallyout of proportion.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 11:24 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by shin_gear
Can't wait for Final Fantasy 37.

"...starring the fan-favorite himself Sephiroth ! "

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 02:07 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote