KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Anakin's Gauntlet (Read OP)

Anakin's Gauntlet (Read OP)
Started by: Enyalus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Anakin's Gauntlet (Read OP)

Okay, this is Anakin Skywalker. In 19 BBY (When ROTS takes place.) Now, imagine this scenario:

Qui-Gon gets killed by Maul.

Obi-Wan: "But Master Yoda, I promised I'd Qui-Gon I'd train the boy."

Yoda: "Qui-Gon's defiance I sense in you. Need that, you do not. Too young to train the boy you are. Take him as my padawan, I will."

Now, instead of having Obi-Wan's training for 13 years, he's got Yoda's. And consider that in, what, a month of Yoda's training Luke was telekinetically lifting several medium-sized objects while standing on his head, and was powerful enough to defeat Darth Vader.

So, Anakin runs the gaunlet. All characters are in peak form. Anakin gets full rest between opponents. And this is All-Out on Coruscant -

1. Ommin & Warb Null.
2. Exar Kun.
3. Mace Windu.
4. Darth Caedus.
5. Darth Bane.
6. DE Luke.
7. DE Darth Sidious.

He gets how far? Proceed...

EDIT: Jeez. Sorry about that. Could REX move this into the vs. subforum?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 01:42 AM
Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wolverine wins.

EDIT- Wait. wat.

The hypothetical'ness of this thread is over 9000. Who knows how strong he'd be with Yoda's training? He'd be a hell of a lot smarter too.

I say he makes it to Bane, maybe.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 01:45 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
The hypothetical'ness of this thread is over 9000. Who knows how strong he'd be with Yoda's training? He'd be a hell of a lot smarter too.

LOL! But yeah, I intentionally made it so. With all the serious, hardcore debates, a nice what-if is fun, I'd think.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 01:51 AM
Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Re: Anakin's Gauntlet (Read OP)

Originally posted by Enyalus

Now, instead of having Obi-Wan's training for 13 years, he's got Yoda's. And consider that in, what, a month of Yoda's training Luke was telekinetically lifting several medium-sized objects while standing on his head, and was powerful enough to defeat Darth Vader.
Come on, now. That was basically a crash course in Force-training, and Luke was already, what, twenty-three? About the same age as Anakin at the time of the Republic's fall? He's starting the training at a much older age than his father did, and he's more mature and level-headed. Not to mention that there was obviously so much room for improvement.

I don't think training under Yoda would've made Anakin some sort of powerhouse - you forget that he was basically trying to turn Luke into a weapon to defeat Vader and the Emperor, which was why he and Kenobi were so put-off by Luke's early departure from the training, even though there was "another."

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 02:42 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Re: Re: Anakin's Gauntlet (Read OP)

Originally posted by Faunus
I don't think training under Yoda would've made Anakin some sort of powerhouse - you forget that he was basically trying to turn Luke into a weapon to defeat Vader and the Emperor, which was why he and Kenobi were so put-off by Luke's early departure from the training, even though there was "another."

I think one thing it would have done is turn Anakin's already impressive saber skills to nigh-invincible levels. Instead of sparring against Obi-Wan for hundreds of hours, he'd be going toe-to-toe with the most powerful Jedi in history to that point.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 02:46 AM
Eminence
Boss

If, y'know, Yoda gave up being Grandmaster of the Jedi Order. Obi-Wan only joined the Council a few months before Anakin's knighting, so he had time.

And somehow, I don't see Yoda doing much sparring.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 02:51 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Well, poo on you, I say!

sad

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 02:57 AM
Eminence
Boss

See now, Anakin trained by Vader would've been absurd, as paradoxical as it is. See Starkiller for reference.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 03:00 AM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by Faunus
See now, Anakin trained by Vader would've been absurd, as paradoxical as it is. See Starkiller for reference.

Dude. Don't even go there. How is Vader going to train him? He doesn't know Force Lightning and he's a slower duelist than most top tiers. Galen's rise to the near-top makes zero sense.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 03:01 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Wolverine wins.

EDIT- Wait. wat.

I say he makes it to Bane, maybe.
It's over NINE THOUSAND!

But seriously, "what-if" threads are gay.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 06:05 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by Tangible God
But seriously, "what-if" threads are gay.

Unless they're made by me. See, I'm full of win, and thus anything I write becomes purely awesome literature.

quote:
Originally posted from Enyalus' Dictionary of Uber Terms

'Full of Win' - Distantly related to the term, 'for the win' (Commonly used as computer lingo to express enthusiasm for something). To determine whether an object or person is indeed full of win, you must multiply the item's badassness factor by the amount of enthusiasm typically generated. If the total number exceeds 180, the said item can be referred to as being 'full of win.'

Generally, it is difficult for anything to be full of win, and this is because typically the enthusiasm something generates is inversely proportional to its badassery. This preventative measure almost guarantees that fanboys are unable to affect the character's score and skew the results with their obvious bias. Character examples who are not full of win include Darth Bane, Darth Sidious, and Wolverine. Characters who are full of win include Grand Admiral Thrawn, Darth Nihilus, and Black Adam.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 02:40 PM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am more interested to know what would have happened if luke joined vader in TESB.

The rise and fall of darth vader hinted at what would have happened though.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 03:19 PM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by Schwarzenegger
I am more interested to know what would have happened if luke joined vader in TESB.

The rise and fall of darth vader hinted at what would have happened though.

Short version of what would've happened: The already vastly overpowered Luke using Dark Sider techniques and killing without mercy. The end.

Note that in Dark Empire, after Luke gives in to the Dark Side, Leia notes that [i]"the Dark Side is more powerful than ever."[i] This coming from the woman who met with Palpatine while he was vastly empowered on Byss prior to that assessment, so...

Yeah. Luke = ultimate powerhouse.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 05:12 PM
truejedi

Originally posted by Enyalus
Unless they're made by me. See, I'm full of win, and thus anything I write becomes purely awesome literature.

[/B]

okay.... watch out... you're going to start sounding like gideon with quotes like that... mad mad

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 06:24 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

I am Gideon's father...

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 06:41 PM
Eminence
Boss

My avatar is no father of Gideon the Foolish. Do you wish to be... ASSIMILATED?!

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 08:13 PM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Nossa. Please, massa. Not that.

*does a jig*

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 08:34 PM
Eminence
Boss

The JJB-lingo isn't helping. ABANDAN YOOR BOI!!

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 08:35 PM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

(To Gideon) Me: You do not know the power of the Dark Side. I must obey my master.

*abandons*

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 08:39 PM
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

*sues Enyalus for child neglect*

You don't know the power of the legal system.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 08:49 PM
Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote