KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Overlord II

Overlord II
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Overlord II

If you loved being a badass in the first Overlord game, then you'll definatley love the sequel where it'll make you more evil than before.

You play as the son of the Overlord who rises and becomes the new Overlord. The plot of the game is that a Roman-inspired Empire has risen and has made a hit list on all magical beings. Overlord ain't happy with this (since he too is a magical being) and plans to destroy the empire.

One of the greatest steps to becoming a heartless ******* is to attack villages and enslave the people. For the fans, the Overlord can now sit on his throne with his slaves bowing down to him. Sometimes a villager will ask you to do a sidequest for them and if you deny his request (this is my favorite part), you'll pull down a lever and the villager will fall down a hole (that is underneath him) filled with lava.

You can now play as one of your minions to reach places the Overlord can't. Minions can now also ride animals. Browns ride wolves, Greens ride spiders (giant ones), and Reds can ride fiery salamanders while the Blues don't ride any creatures at all. When you play as a Green, you can do stealth missions Metal Gear-style.

The game is on the 360 and PS3. The game will be out in June.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2009 03:02 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Actually looks pretty good IMO.

The game is not like the first in that you cannot choose between good or evil, you are already established evil in the game, but you get to choose exactly how evil you can be.

Minion gameplay is improved as well from what I hear.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2009 03:03 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

You get more minions, and bigger ones too.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2009 03:19 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

This Overlord's name is Overlad. Doesn't sound very evil if you ask me.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2009 11:08 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
This Overlord's name is Overlad. Doesn't sound very evil if you ask me.
...Really?

Sounds like the Overlord's side-kick...wtf?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2009 11:09 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
...Really?

Sounds like the Overlord's side-kick...wtf?

The Overlad is the son of the Overlord.

Unlike his father, the Overlad seems more evil and he has three mistresses you can hit on I kid you not.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 12:36 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

(please log in to view the image)

Killing baby seals is so not worth it.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 08:25 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

The Overlad is the son of the Overlord.

Unlike his father, the Overlad seems more evil and he has three mistresses you can hit on I kid you not.

Still what a name, Overlad!

Old Post Apr 20th, 2009 08:48 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

(please log in to view the image)

Killing baby seals is so not worth it.
It most certainly IS worth it!

Now I can club baby seals just like the Canadians do! big grin

And yes I was aware that he was the Overlord's son but still...Overlad? Lol wtf. And yes, he is shown to be more "evil" than his father, which indicates the evil ending is the canon one.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2009 12:40 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
It most certainly IS worth it!

Now I can club baby seals just like the Canadians do! big grin

And yes I was aware that he was the Overlord's son but still...Overlad? Lol wtf. And yes, he is shown to be more "evil" than his father, which indicates the evil ending is the canon one.

It'd be worth it if your minions can survive from that big ass cyclops.

I don't know why he's named Overlad. I guess his father is bad at naming children. At least it's evil (the Overlord naming his kid that I mean).

Old Post Apr 21st, 2009 01:53 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I heard the game will be out June 23rd. I think I'm gonna buy it as soon as it's out.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 01:41 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I've still have'nt played the first one, Was gonna get it the other day because i've seen it cheap now but can't find the damn game now.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 06:41 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

so wait the raising hell ending with Velvet was the true ending?

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 03:51 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The Jester's back. I hate that guy.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 01:01 AM
NemeBro

Can you still kick the ever-loving shit out of him?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 05:47 AM
Utrigita

Originally posted by Phanteros
so wait the raising hell ending with Velvet was the true ending?

I think it depends on who you picked, ultimately I think they just wanted to say that Evil Always finds a way wink

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 03:07 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by NemeBro
Can you still kick the ever-loving shit out of him?

Yes smile

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 09:32 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The game is coming out next wednsday. I'm so looking forward to it.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 06:21 AM
Gamerr-X

Ive preordered, got it 5 pound cheaper aswell!big grin

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 09:28 AM
Gamerr-X is currently offline Click here to Send Gamerr-X a Private Message Find more posts by Gamerr-X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Gamerr-X
Ive preordered, got it 5 pound cheaper aswell!big grin

They say that if you preorder Overlord II from Gamestop, you'll get an Overlord II figurine.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 06:08 PM