KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » -=- Spore -=-

-=- Spore -=-
Started by: Koala MeatPie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

-=- Spore -=-

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 10:59 PM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sounds very interesting.

I really think I'll be getting this game.

I'll have to wait and see what other news arises and see what changes they may make.

Because even though I never gave "Civilization" the PC game a try, it doesn't seem like my kind of game.

Too much to have to deal with. And as Spore goes on and as you evolve they say the game gets like that and then eventually similar to Grand Theft Auto, which is another game that I don't like and have tried.

So I'll just have to wait and see, and see some screen shots and read more info.

is it comprehensible.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 02:33 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
Sounds very interesting.

I really think I'll be getting this game.

I'll have to wait and see what other news arises and see what changes they may make.

Because even though I never gave "Civilization" the PC game a try, it doesn't seem like my kind of game.

Too much to have to deal with. And as Spore goes on and as you evolve they say the game gets like that and then eventually similar to Grand Theft Auto, which is another game that I don't like and have tried.

So I'll just have to wait and see, and see some screen shots and read more info.

I saw video of it and it has no elements of GTA. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You go from single cell to an advanced race with space capabilities, and even later in the game you can go to other solar systems.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 11:10 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Sims meets Command and Conquer meets Black and White meets Pokemon meets Destroy all humans meets Sim City.

Best game ever?

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 02:40 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Looks like the sort of game I'd get hopelessly addicted to big grin

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 07:37 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I saw the video of this, and my jaw dropped continuously.

All the different gameplay styles are borrowed from the type of games that I normally am not interested in, but everything is combined so flawlessly here that I REALLY want this game...

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2006 04:14 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

Link To Video Anybody?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 08:53 PM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Google Video it.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 09:54 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Great Vengeance

Meh, I dont think this game will live up to the enormous hype...but if it turns out good than Ill be pleasantly suprised.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 01:54 AM
Great Vengeance is currently offline Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...ore&pl=true

He said "other players" "internet".... umm. Hopefully No Monthly Fee.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 02:58 AM
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...ore&pl=true

He said "other players" "internet".... umm. Hopefully No Monthly Fee.

It's possible, but I don't think so and here's why:

Also in the video he says something like the game connects to the internet and downloads other players worlds into yours and the computer takes over based on how those players have been playing.

I don't think you actually play against live players, more like their ghosts.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 07:43 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

I was thnking that afterwards.

If this game is as good as he shows it to be, each player will craft many planets, many star systems, at that ppoint "Hundred of thousands" of worlds will not be enough for a Galaxy, Hopefully he won't break the "mood" of the game and add servers, just you could zoom out even more and visit OTHER galaxies / Clusters.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 11:34 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I remember hearing about this game a year ago. It looked awesome.

I like George.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 01:43 AM
Sith Master X is currently offline Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Originally posted by Lana
Looks like the sort of game I'd get hopelessly addicted to big grin

laughing out loud...yah i heard bout this a while ago..

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 02:20 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

New Movies:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy...utoplay=6150547

MUCH more depth to the game.

Last edited by Koala MeatPie on May 11th, 2006 at 01:58 PM

Old Post May 11th, 2006 01:48 PM
an_old_wonderer

funny how this thread did not show up in my search engine. I always use it to find threads to see if they have already been created...

Spore is said to be "the best game ever created" ...I BELIEVE IT!!!!!!

Last edited by an_old_wonderer on May 11th, 2006 at 11:24 PM

Old Post May 11th, 2006 11:19 PM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spartan005

I'm definetely getting this game when it comes out... it kinda looks like World of Warcraft in the creature stage, than Sim City, and than a Command and Conquer kinda game... sort of

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post May 12th, 2006 07:50 PM
Spartan005 is currently offline Click here to Send Spartan005 a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

All these different types of games put together, it's going to be huge.

Old Post May 12th, 2006 07:57 PM
an_old_wonderer

populous too eek! POPULOUS KICKS ASS

Old Post May 12th, 2006 09:51 PM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by LanceWindu
All these different types of games put together, it's going to be huge.

When you say that you remind me of Donald Trump.

"It's gonna be HHHUUGGGEEE"

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post May 12th, 2006 10:17 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote