KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
Started by: ESB -1138

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood is a Nintendo DS console role-playing game based on the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise. It is being developed by Canadian RPG developer BioWare, who is now part of Electronic Arts. The game is scheduled to be released in 2008 in North America and Europe.

A preview of the game was featured in the February 2008 issue of the Nintendo Power magazine, giving details on the game features and confirming its name. It also confirmed that there will be 11 playable characters.

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood is an RPG that will be fully controlled by touch screen control. There will not be any random battles, you will be able to see an enemy on screen. The battles will be turned based. Each character in the game will have a specific ability, such as Tails being able to fly. The player can have 4 party members at a time, and will be able to split into teams during the game.

Special attacks in the game will be made by tapping and dragging on indicated locations on the touch screen of the Nintendo DS. This are done by "Fatigue Points", which are similar to "Magic Points" (MP) in past RPG's. The player will choose which attributes to increase when leveling up, and you will be able to buy special attacks using rings as currency.

The game will have two acts, one set in a standard Sonic area, while the other one will take in a "darker world". There will be sidequests in the game.

After defeating Doctor Eggman, Sonic went on vacation for two years. He gets a call from Tails to inform that Knuckles has been kidnapped by a group of Marauders, and 6 Chaos Emeralds are missing.

According to BioWare, Eggman will not be the main villain, he will be a "more credible bad guy again". The game will have fully animated cutscenes.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 06:15 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Did you say EA is in charge of it?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 06:18 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

BioWare.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 06:19 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I have heard of this for quite some time, before it had a name, it sounds good, I hope it is like the Mario & Luigi games, and this will be the 3rd sonic game made by a Canadian company am I correct?

Shame they stole the name from Oblivion. stick out tongue

BioWare, did they not do the Sonic Rivals games?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 06:20 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ESB -1138
BioWare.
I read EA somewhere in there...

Did you ever play Marvel Nemesis?

Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

It is being developed by Canadian RPG developer BioWare, who is now part of Electronic Arts.

Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
I read EA somewhere in there...

Did you ever play Marvel Nemesis?

Yes awful game.

Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

It is being developed by Canadian RPG developer BioWare, who is now part of Electronic Arts.

EA shouldn't even be associated with an attempt at making anything other a Sports title. Everything else they've produced has ranged from terrible to unspeakably ghastly.

A Sonic RPG would be great, though.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 06:26 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
EA shouldn't even be associated with an attempt at making anything other a Sports title. Everything else they've produced has ranged from terrible to unspeakably ghastly.

A Sonic RPG would be great, though.

Crysis and Dead Space...nuff said.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 06:29 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

The Simpson's game for humor was great
They helped FRD develop the legendary Timesplitters series.
Harry Potter. laughing out loud I could not resist.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 06:29 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

They made the critically acclaimed Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth series.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 06:31 PM
Cosmic Cube

Crysis and Dead Space...nuff said.
Never played the first one, and the second one hasn't even come out yet.

I'll go by my experience, and retain my inclination. Everything sucks.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 06:31 PM
Cosmic Cube

They made the critically acclaimed Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth series.
I don't care, and I'm not wrong.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 06:32 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Wow, turned based, no thank you. erm

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 06:36 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Originally posted by @st
Wow, turned based, no thank you. erm
Why? That's the best kind.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 06:36 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nothing special, I have both games and the expansion pack.

Starcraft, and from what I've seen from Halo Wars so far, is loads better.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 06:37 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Yeah, when I think Sonic, I think of standing in place and taking turns. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by @st
Yeah, when I think Sonic, I think of standing in place and taking turns. roll eyes (sarcastic)
laughing

Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Ultima Online, Command & Conquer series, Medal of Honor series, James Bond series (including Golden Eye 007), and Battlefield series and BioWare is making the game which is a part of EA. BioWare has KoToR, Jade Empire, and Mass Effect. Those games alone tells me that this will be a great Sonic game.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 06:38 PM
Cosmic Cube

Originally posted by @st
Me too.
Ultima Online, Command & Conquer series, Medal of Honor series, James Bond series (including Golden Eye 007), and Battlefield series and BioWare is making the game which is a part of EA. BioWare has KoToR, Jade Empire, and Mass Effect. Those games alone tells me that this will be a great Sonic game.
You stop that. Now.

Last edited by Cosmic Cube on Jan 13th, 2008 at 06:41 PM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 06:38 PM