KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Fifa 09

Fifa 09
Started by: Phat J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phat J

Fifa 09

i did a search and was surpised to find there was no thread for this game.

ive been a faithful PES man for years but last years game was so ridiculous and disappointing i was forced to turn over to the dark side and try my hand at fifa. to my surpise unlike PES fifa has taken leaps and bounds in the past couple years, particularly the 08 version.

its now a far better game as much as it hurts me to say, especially the online 5 v 5 and now 10 v 10 its been the only game thats seen the inside of my xbox for months now; its safe to say im addicted.

anybody else play soccer games? if you were disappointed with this years installment of PES i strongly recommend checking fifa out, 09 is going to be crazy.

i have to admit its kind of shocking not finding a thread on this game in a forum as big as this.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 09:56 PM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sorry, I only play real football.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 10:56 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

you now that sport only exists in north america right?

everyone else in the world calls the proper sport where you use your actual feet to play the game football. its time to step out of your little bubble my friend.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 11:37 PM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

'course I know it, but, I give the better sport the name.

Hey man, all I know is that the Madden thread got more replies.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 12:32 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 01:44 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Relevance? no expression

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 01:46 AM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

It shows that Futbol (Soccer) is more popular around the world then American Football stick out tongue

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 01:49 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, but, who cares about the rest of the world? The rest of the world is like, the opposite of America. It's just not.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 02:22 AM
jinXed by JaNx

I suck at soccer games. I usually prefer the Winning Eleven games but both Fifa and Winning Eleven always have incredible graphics and smooth gameplay. I just wish i didn't suck

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 02:27 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Yeah, but, who cares about the rest of the world? The rest of the world is like, the opposite of America. It's just not.

wow, anyways.

no fifa people here?

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I suck at soccer games. I usually prefer the Winning Eleven games but both Fifa and Winning Eleven always have incredible graphics and smooth gameplay. I just wish i didn't suck

they're hard games to get good at, especially fifa.

Last edited by Phat J on Sep 14th, 2008 at 02:46 AM

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 02:42 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Yeah, i can't play a single game without getting a red card laughing out loud

These Soccer games need a better franchise mode.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 03:28 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

fifas actually got a pretty expansive one, you should check it out. pro evos isnt that bad either.

its great building a team and playing through a couple seasons in both of them.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 04:55 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is Tom Brady in the new one?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 04:56 AM
Phat J

of the brady bunch? what?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 04:58 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

nevermind, my bad.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 04:59 AM
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Personally I prefer PES. Mostly because you can actually have a dribble rather than having to pass whenever you encounter an opponent. Besides PES has the 'Be A Legend' mode this year as well, and they had it before FIFA, but it was only incorporated in the Japanese release.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 11:11 AM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

i used to be the same, last years online was just so bad i tried fifa and ended up liking it more.

you can dribble, its just much harder to do it in fifa.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 04:39 PM
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Originally posted by Phat J
i used to be the same, last years online was just so bad i tried fifa and ended up liking it more.

you can dribble, its just much harder to do it in fifa.

I gave up on FIFA after 2004. 2003 was actually a good FIFA game, especially at the time, you could hardly tell the difference between 2003 and PES, except for the graphics of course. So I really got my hopes up for 2004. It turned out to be the shitiest FIFA game ever.

btw, I just read PES now has the official CL license as well...

Old Post Sep 15th, 2008 05:16 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

Originally posted by Slay
I gave up on FIFA after 2004. 2003 was actually a good FIFA game, especially at the time, you could hardly tell the difference between 2003 and PES, except for the graphics of course. So I really got my hopes up for 2004. It turned out to be the shitiest FIFA game ever.

btw, I just read PES now has the official CL license as well...

give it a chance, i felt the same way believe me. they completely recreated the game engine in 07, polished it up in 08 and in 09 its going to be even better. try the demo, you'd be doing yourself a disservice if you play football/soccer games and dont play or at least try fifa.

fifa has every other license in football so im not too worried. they have everything from the j-league, the a-league to the russian league and the austrian league, plus all the divisions in the respective leagues. they have 4 divisions of the EPL dude, PES has 2 licensed EPL teams.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2008 06:47 PM
Magee

Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
'course I know it, but, I give the better sport the name.

Hey man, all I know is that the Madden thread got more replies.
No surprise considering this forum is mainly american. Why would you call a game where you mostly use your hands football and it's basically a girls version of rugby considering they wear padding and even helmets, lol helmets.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2008 09:20 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote