KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Need for Speed: Undercover

Need for Speed: Undercover
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Need for Speed: Undercover

Need for Speed: Undercover is the next game in the Need for Speed franchise, confirmed by Electronic Arts CEO John Riccitiello, due by November 18, 2008. The game has a significantly longer development cycle than previous games.

EA Games president Frank Gibeau stated that due to the fact that the sales of ProStreet didn't live up to EA's hopes for the game, the franchise will go back to its "roots" with a number of features, including open-world racing and a new highway battle mode. However, Need for Speed producer John Doyle claims, that Undercover has been in development before the release of Pro Street, and the slightly negative reception from the audience has nothing to do with the choice of using the traditional Need for Speed: Most Wanted style gameplay.
Police chases from previous installments will also return, as well a new Highway Battle mode.

Riccitiello also stated Undercover is taking inspiration from action films such as The Transporter, with a large embedded narrative.

EA President Frank Gibeau has stated that due to the fact that the sales of ProStreet didn't live up to EA's hopes for the game, the Need for Speed franchise will go back to its roots. John Doyle (Developer at EA Black Box) has hinted Undercover will feature a brand new game mechanic and a "Most Wanted-ish" sandbox style of gameplay.

It will have an all new damage system, as well.

Police vehicles will be drivable by the player. EA also confirmed that "there are some modes which give you access to the range of police cars. They're a lot of fun to drive and they have sirens."

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 03:59 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

I'm not into car games that that much but ill be picking this up without a doubt.

Need For Speed: Most Wanted was my most fav next gen car game (i loved it, in fact) and it had my most favorite soundtrack of all time in video games history. (followed by GTA:Vice City's soundtrack)

I really wanted to get "Carbon" (with the drifting system) but i just didn't. I did play the demo last month and it was ok but not better than "most wanted."

There were what, 2 or 3 "NFS" games that came out after "most wanted" and i heard they were bad, but this one seems really promising.

And i'm due to get a car game anyway. i always buy 1 (good) car game every couple of years and always when it starts to get cold out.

Actually i can't wait to pick this title up.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 04:09 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote