KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Sorceress Ultimecia Vs. Nozdormu

Sorceress Ultimecia Vs. Nozdormu
Started by: Seer Q'Anilia

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

Sorceress Ultimecia Vs. Nozdormu

(please log in to view the image)

Can Nozdormu survive the compression and beat her?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2008 09:57 AM
Q'Anilia is currently offline Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

You choosed the wrong Picture stick out tongue that art is of Ysera wink anyway what can this Sorceress Ultimecia do?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2008 09:59 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

Wops stick out tongue

According to the respect thread, she is not much compared to the greater magicians in Warcraft. However, she has preformed the impressive deed of compressing time itself. Which is what I think might prove difficult to beat.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2008 10:03 AM
Q'Anilia is currently offline Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

The problem when dealing with Nozdormu is that he already knows what you are going to do, and if he doesn't like the result he gets from a spell ore physical attack he can simply redo it... She will have to be capable of manipulating time to a equal ore greater degree then him to take him down.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2008 10:07 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

I think she might have sent the heroes to various time Eras. I do not know the extent of her powers.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2008 10:08 AM
NemeBro

Ultimecia can absorb all of time and reality...

What can Nozdormu do that compares? no expression

Old Post Aug 27th, 2008 10:12 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

Freeze it?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2008 10:16 AM
NemeBro

Freeze time? Ultimecia can do that too. Easily in fact, as in without being present in the same time, she froze time in the past while being in the future(if you know what I mean).

Old Post Aug 27th, 2008 10:17 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

Yeah .. you see .. the problem with that is .. Nozdormu is timeless. Which is why I created the thread in the first place.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2008 10:21 AM
NemeBro

Kay...One is "timeless", the other one can absorb all time and reality. By "FEATS" Ultimecia is superior.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2008 10:23 AM
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

And she does this of course with the snap of a finger, am I right?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2008 10:27 AM
Rapidash

A battle between two time manipulators is more a philosophical discussion than a discussion revolving the two characters. Time s a fluent thing, so with Nozdormu being timeless, he is outside the current. Ultimecia proved herself capable of commencing the compression of time, but was prevented. This indicate that it is not an unstoppable process, also that time does not stand still during this state of compression. Which means, purely philosophical of course, that Nozdormu can freeze the process and prevent her from compressing time.

Perspective

Old Post Aug 27th, 2008 10:37 AM
Rapidash is currently offline Click here to Send Rapidash a Private Message Find more posts by Rapidash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Seer Q'Anilia
And she does this of course with the snap of a finger, am I right?

Nope. With her mind.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 02:08 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Becci
A battle between two time manipulators is more a philosophical discussion than a discussion revolving the two characters. Time s a fluent thing, so with Nozdormu being timeless, he is outside the current. Ultimecia proved herself capable of commencing the compression of time, but was prevented. This indicate that it is not an unstoppable process, also that time does not stand still during this state of compression. Which means, purely philosophical of course, that Nozdormu can freeze the process and prevent her from compressing time.
Okay first of all, Time Compression can only be defeated by love and friendship. no expression

I am not joking, that is how Squall and friends became immune to Time Compression and defeated Ultimecia, the friggin power of love and friendship. erm

If that isn't PIS, I don't know what is.

Nozdormu is "timeless", but going by that, the Titan that gave him his power(his name escapes me) could not defeat him then, since Nozdormu by your reasoning could just freeze him in time, when said Titan was also considered to be time itself(or so I hear).

Ultimecia could absorb all reality and time, why not absorb Noz? He may not exist in the flow of time, but he exists, that much is certain.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 02:12 AM
Rapidash

Revolving the Titan point. Nozdormu is rather undefeatable, and they know this. That is why they granted him the vision of his own death, so that his powers wouldnt go over his head. How he dies, no one but himself and the Pantheon knows. Admittedly, Highfather is more powerful than Nozdormu, but can not necessarily defeat him.

Highfather is the father of time, but not acutally time itself. Just its creator.

Well, if Time Compression can only be defeated by love and friendship, Nozdormu is screwed. GG. End of all things. Finito. Gone. Wasted. He has no such thing. He cares only about safeguarding time. However, if time is considered his friend and his love for time is an acceptable love, he'll make it out just fine.

Perspective

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 08:22 AM
Rapidash is currently offline Click here to Send Rapidash a Private Message Find more posts by Rapidash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Revolving the Titan point. Nozdormu is rather undefeatable, and they know this. That is why they granted him the vision of his own death, so that his powers wouldnt go over his head. How he dies, no one but himself and the Pantheon knows. Admittedly, Highfather is more powerful than Nozdormu, but can not necessarily defeat him.

Highfather is the father of time, but not acutally time itself. Just its creator.

Well, if Time Compression can only be defeated by love and friendship, Nozdormu is screwed. GG. End of all things. Finito. Gone. Wasted. He has no such thing. He cares only about safeguarding time. However, if time is considered his friend and his love for time is an acceptable love, he'll make it out just fine.
1. Why don't you think Highfather could defeat him out of curiosity? And even though he is timeless, he can clearly be killed.

Oh okay, just wanted to know that. Time and reality are Ultimecia's plaything, she is easily the single strongest character in Final Fantasy, possibly only second to the Great Hyne himself, the father of the Sorceress Power.

Yeah...That is fact actually, Laguna actually goes on a long and totally not ghey manly speech about how trusting and believing in your friends will allow you to survive TC...How he knew this is impossibly to understand. There are some reasons why Disc 4 of FFVIII are considered to be bullshit, and IMO the only thing that holds back the game from being the best Final Fantasy.

But yeah, Nozdormu exists, and does not have t3h powa of Love and Friendship, so I think he loses.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 11:54 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Okay first of all, Time Compression can only be defeated by love and friendship. no expression

I am not joking, that is how Squall and friends became immune to Time Compression and defeated Ultimecia, the friggin power of love and friendship. erm

If that isn't PIS, I don't know what is.

Disc 3 and 4 don't exist in my book for FF8. The game was pretty freakin' good up until disc 3 and then it just became...lame. All Nozdormu has to do is believe in love and he'll win.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2008 02:23 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rapidash

Originally posted by ESB -1138
Disc 3 and 4 don't exist in my book for FF8. The game was pretty freakin' good up until disc 3 and then it just became...lame. All Nozdormu has to do is believe in love and he'll win.

Does beign in love with time count? angel

Perspective

Old Post Aug 29th, 2008 12:51 PM
NemeBro

Does beign in love with time count? angel
No.

It took the combined love of Zell, Squall, Rinoa, Quistis, Selphie, and Ivrine, all of who love eachother, so it took 36 loves(6 from each person) to defeat Ultimecia, along with anyone else they love like Edea or their parents, so no, Noz's love of time cannot help him.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2008 06:53 PM
Rapidash

I am bumping this thread because "new" data about Nozdormu has appeared. It is not actually new, since it was in War of the Ancients, but it did not cross my mind when I posted in this thread previously. I had forgotten it until the point where I read it yesterday:

Nozdormu has shown resistance to time, existance and reality compression for a longer period of time. Troughout the entire War of the Ancients, Nozdormu while being tortured kept all of time, reality and existance from imploding.

At the same time as he kept everything together, he showed anomalistic time powers when he ripped Krasus, Broxigar and Rhonin out of time and existance itself, to where he was caged. While doing this, he also for a brief moment granted Krasus absolute vision, allowing him to see everything that has, is and will come. "Krasus had witnessed time in its ultimate aspect, all at once".

During this process, Gaskal was slain, and if nothing else, proves that Nozdormu can not only keep time and existance from imploding, but can do so while being tortured extremely and while preforming other actions at the same time, such as killing Gaskal by altering Gaskar himself rather than the time around him.

So with this newly rediscovered knowledge, I dare say that Nozdormu can not only fight back compression, but also fight Ultimecia while doing so.

Perspective

Last edited by Rapidash on Oct 7th, 2008 at 12:19 PM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 12:15 PM