KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland

Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
Started by: Darth Jello

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland

I recently purchased both tingle's rupeeland and tingle's balloon fight on ebay for a steal (luckily) and thank god for Nintendo never putting region lockouts on their portable systems cause both games are awesome.

Tingle's rupeeland especially is absolutely amazing, funny, obscene and is pretty much the game phantom hourglass should have been but wasn't. It's worthy of being a full zelda game and not just a spinoff and relates to the main games through allusions, and characters including a visit to the deku temple complete with one of the saddest renditions of saria's song ever.

Unless you want to pay out the ass on ebay or some import site, i encourage everyone to flood nintendo with requests for a north american release of this game, uncensored (even though it would get a T rating for implied sex, sexual innuendo scathing parodies of western culture, and religious references).

Any other reviews/views on this game?

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Oct 1st, 2008 04:35 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

A tingle game cannot possibly be good. Tingle = bad.

What's next? A falbi game?

Old Post Oct 1st, 2008 03:22 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

you'd think so, but its actually very original, clever, and damn entertaining. give it a chance if you can.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2008 11:00 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Is Tingle's Personality similiar to how it is in the actual Zelda games? Does he still think he's a fairy? Because that's why I hate him (That and he makes you pay out the ass for the Triforce charts in WW.)

Old Post Oct 5th, 2008 09:01 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

No, but this game does predate all others so you find out why other Tingles think they are fairies [SPOILER - highlight to read]: probably cause Tingle ****s one in this game. The whole notion of being a Tingle is originally revealed to be a form of demonic enslavement, not eccentricity and there are several tingles in the game other than Tingle. Basically the main villain of the game is a demon named uncle rupee, hinted to be responsible for the minish cap's back story. He gains his power from rupees and his goal is to turn the world into rupeeland, a hellish realm where all are turned into tingles and slave to bring him rupees. a tingle is someone that rupee has tricked into thinking that rupeeland is an earthly paradise achieved by giving him rupees. When they are transformed into tingles, people gain the distinctive clothing and actually become dependant on rupees to survive.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 07:01 AM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

hmm... interesting...

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 05:02 PM
Kero_Co
One Track Lover

Wow, I didn't expect Tingle to be associated with something so dark. He's pretty aesome (and sad) after all. Now if we only had a backstory for why cuccos can beat the leaving **** out of everybody, they'd be brawl worthy.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 05:55 PM
Kero_Co is currently offline Click here to Send Kero_Co a Private Message Find more posts by Kero_Co Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 08:00 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Well, this game may explain that too since all the enemies other than dungeon monsters and Oinkers (evolutionary ancestors of moblins!) are just animals affected by the main villains curse. These include alien-faced cows!!! -Majora's mask anyone?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 01:51 AM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

I dunno, I mean, I game with tingle as it's main character just seems so... bad...

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 01:13 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Better than phantom hourglass by miles. the only really frustrating thing is finding all the freelance bodyguards and completing the last sidequest

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 01:34 AM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Hey, I enjoy phantom hourglass.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 05:32 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

its a good game, its zelda, but it really is weak sauce compared to the others and is probably my least favorite game in the series. It definitely didn't meet the standards of the other handhelds in the series

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 01:41 AM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Meh, the only thing I don't really like about it is the Temple of the Ocean King... Really annoying that one is.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 11:56 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

A Tingle game? Oh dear lord.....

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 02:27 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

2 tingle games, the other one is just a really fun, 4-player remake of balloon fight. see, this negativity without even trying the game out is why the US misses out on so many awesome games. Thank god all nintendo handhelds are region free

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 02:54 AM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

See, I think about a tingle game, but can't get past what I already have seen of... tingle...

(Skip to 5:24)

I still think that the best depiction of Tingle was in the Legend of Link:

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Oct 19th, 2008 at 03:55 AM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2008 03:40 AM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Yup, Navi explains it perfectly. yes

Old Post Oct 19th, 2008 03:57 AM